The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted

Esme listened to the wolf, smiling. Safty? Surely she didn't need that, did she? "Hmmm..." She nodded, her mind was drifting off, slipping into daydreams almost, untill..

"Anyway, what are you doing here, Esme? Anything in particular?" Rain asked, breaking the silence.

Her tinted lips cracked into a sad smile, and she stopped walking, or skipping or however she was moving herself. "I'm... " She paused, an hand touching her collarbone. "I'm looking for someone, I guess. Its a hopeless seach I'm certain! But.. I'm looking nonetheless!" She giggled, skipping forward with a twirl, stopping infront of the wolf. She bent down, and patted his head. "I like you, you seem like a sweetheart.." Another fit of giggles. "Now! Onward? We probably wanna get to whatchamacall it village before dark..."

Posted

Rain silently agreed with a smile which he quickly removed for a more serious tone. "So you're search for someone... That makes two of us I guess." Esme drifted about as she seemed to always do. It was good that she'd made such a fast friend for him. She seemed an enjoyable character. Esme and Rain passed into Kakariko. People had begun to swarm the streets again as the light began to retreat to the horizon. Rain was still unsure whether the town had been informoed of any attack on Castletown, but it would only be a matter of time before they attacked and possibly took over this privince as well.

"So... Where do we begin?" Rain asked Esme, who looked about the village curiously. A group talked in the centre of town. None of them seemed familiar save the mage and the girl. Esme obviously didn't seem to know any of the villagers as she merely passed by all of them, never paying much attention to anything, but equal attention to everything in turn. Rain took the initiative and walked into the village. It was clear to him already that this world was far different to his own. Day had come and gone in an instant and the climate was far hotter than that of his homes. Must be closer to the sun here. He figured, shrugging a wolf-ish shrug (whatever that is) and delving further into the crowd who passed him off for an large-ish dog as he was fairly small for a normal wolf.

Posted (edited)

Trigger finally caught up with Raelin, but not that far away from her was a man, strangely dressed and covered with a bit of dirt. Trigger had his hand over the hilt of his blade, just in case this guy tried anything against him. Trigger looked over him, but he didn't see any visible weapon in this man's possession. He wore a cloak quite similar to what Trigger currently was wearing, and he also had some leather vembraces on his arms.

Trigger already had a bad feeling about this guy, and felt something odd about him. It is possible, by the way he's dressed, that he is either a thief or even an assassin. Trigger, for some odd reaason, felt as if this man had no intrest in fighting, but still kep his grip on the sword. This man didn't seem like one he could trust too easily, especially around Raelin for that matter.

((All I can come up with at the moment. Whenever Rain, Gael or Shadownight posts, I will post agin.))

Edited by Dark Fire (see edit history)

Posted

Esme figured this a rather interesting place; she had never been here, afterall. "Oh, I don't know..." She shrugged, looking down at her companion. She was getting a lot of looks. The girl then sighed, placing one hand on her ample hip, and the other scratched the back of her head. But then, her frown twisted into an odd expression of glee. "We could just scream!" She started to giggle fits, and had to cover her mouth with both her hands to muffle them. Esme slunched down intoa squat, grinning at Rain. "But that might cause an uproar...ehehehhee.." Esme hummed a little, scratching behind one of Rain's ears.

"Or we could split up and gather any useful tid-bits of good gossip and report back the eachother?"

Posted

Veln was a shopkeeper. Going about his day-to-day routine, he seemed like a normal man. He had come to Kakariko earlier that year, refusing to speak about where he came from or what he did. On this day, he sat behind his counter, waiting for something interesting to happen.

A bell rang. It was the bell that he had hung above the door to alert him of any visitors or customers he may have, and on this day it was a visitor; little Johnny from down the street. "Mr. Veln! Some people are outside of town, on the road into town from the graveyard. They left a few hours ago, but now they return with a man! He has a black cloak on, with a red bird sewn into the back." A cold chill ran down the old shopkeeper's spine. The colour drained from his face as he handed the boy three rupees, the price he promised for the reports on visitors.

In his past, he had known a man who wore a red bird. He had found him on the streets. He had told him of the evils of the monarchs, taught him of equality. This man must be him, but it couldn't. He had hired this man. He had killed this man.

--------

David had seen the people approaching on the road, and he ran over the possible solutions in his head. The assassin in him told him to kill them and avoid compromising himself, the thief in him told him to give them a quick strike on the head and search their pockets. But the man that was there seemed...familiar. Something about the way he moved, the way he scanned the ground; this one knew what he was doing. So, at that moment, David decided to avoid confrontation by playing the part of the weary traveler.

"Excuse me, I've lost my way. Would you mind directing me to the village?There's someone I'm supposed to meet there." He brushed some dirt off of his shoulder and touched his blade. There was something about the man that he did not trust. He reminded him of a wild cat, waiting and ovserving its prey before striking.

He mustn't loose his composure, though. If he did, things would get bloody quite quickly.

Posted

Rain nodded to Esme. "Fine. But as long as we find each other afterwards. I don't want to- to- to miss any news you might have." Rain said quickly before turning away from Esme and into the crowd, not wanting to look back in case he was drawn to her side again rather than the task.

He passed by the group who talked in the centre of town. The white robed mage eyed him curiously as he passed, possibly recognising him. Only he and an old woman paid him any kind of attention. The old woman's reason was unknown to Rain. He hadn't seen her before and yet she seemed to be analysing him, as if sensing something. Rain lengthened his stride and quickened his pace and was soon round the corner and into an alleyway, where he quickly ascended to the rooftops.

--------------------

Teto grabbed his head and slid down the wall. All of a sudden he felt ill. Something had taken hold on him. A feeling he hadn't had in the longest time. Realisation hit him. Reno? You're back aren't you? He thought in annoyance, knowing it was the truth. 'Yes, Teto. Subae and I are back. It would seem that killing us both make us whole enough to come back.' Teto shook his head and ignored him, gritting his teeth as his head throbbed a little.

--------------------

Selvaria assembled her troops. She wouldn't make the same stupid mistakes Reno had done. She picked up a bow for herself and carried her rapier. She assembled archers, swordsmen, spellcasters and even one assassin to take out any enemies before the battle begun. She held the bow on her back and the rapier on the left of her hip. She waved her hand a little, as if waiting to catch something. Her hand glowed blue slightly, contrasting her dark red eyes. The glow dulled and she put on her black gloves. "Men, we head for Kakariko. We strike at sundown. Archers, you are to take positions on the rooftops, mages: any vantage point where you can attack without being as vulnerable. Swordsmen, you stay with me and wait for the order."

--------------------

Rain clambered up onto the rooftops and looked down on the village in the shrinking light. Casting a glance about the roof, he saw no signs of life other than the birds who congregated on the edge of the roof. I wonder where he could be. I haven't seen him since the town was overrun. He can't be far off if he's clinging to trouble like this. Rain thought, attempting to deduce things. Kakariko is likely to be the Furani's next target, so he should be here soon, if not here already.

Rain walked to the edge of the rooftop. He was on the verge of descending when he heard something drop down behind him. Rain leapt to the side quickly, the assassin narrowly missing him and quickly regaining his balance on the roof. Rain had a clear shot to strike at this moment. The only thing hindering him was... He couldn't. He didn't want to. Didn't really need to, did he? The man attacked again and Rain dodged again. He's not going to give up, so I guess I must now. Rain leapt at the man, his teeth bared. As he neared though, he pulled out and turned his head away from the assassin, instead barging into him. The man fell from the rooftop and Rain dropped back onto the roof. The man landed in the alleyway, still and silent. It seemed so easy to evade capture... But Is it really this simply to take a life? Rain trembled, holding back a grin. The Furani must be here. I have to tell Esme.

He took back to the streets.

Posted

Trigger still had his hand hovering over the hilt of his blade, as the man said he was just a lost traveler and needed directions to the village. 'Liar...' Trigger thought, thinking that, if this man knew anything at all, the village as just down the road. He shouldn't have been able to ask that kind of question if he was here in the graveyard, the village just down the road. Trigger was now really suspicious of this man, as anyone could know where the village was from here.

Trigger was also only slightly shocked that this man was so calm when talking to him, even with his ice-blue eyes looking at him. Not very many people were able to be so calm around him, even his opponents felt chills before fighting. This man was quite very odd indeed; first he had a similar black cloak like Trigger, and now he doesn't have chills when looking Trigger in the eyes. This completely settled what his man really was an assassin, as Trigger could spot one if they keep well on what they do and not the things that surround them.

"...The village is just down this road. If you are meeting someone there, then you shouldn't have traveled to far into the village graveyard..." Trigger spoke, thouh quite calmly, he was still doubting that he could trust this man. Trigger had dealt with assassins before, though they fight dirty and unfairly. Still, Trigger kept his hand hovering over his sword if this man was planning something, even if it was a way to put him at a disadvantage. Even if he was disarmed of his sword, Trigger still had the ability to fight up close with his bow, plus it would prevent any more blood to be spilled on Hyrule if it did happen.

The "traveler" seemed to have his hand on something, though Trigger could only have a feeling that this man had a blade on him. Still, if this man was planning to do anything to either him or even Raelin, Trigger could easily have him on the ground in ten seconds flat. Trigger kept is eyes focused on the "traveler", for any signs that this man would attack.

Posted

[Looks like Teto needs some painkillers!]

Esme smirked, watching Rain leave, then she turned pushing threw the crowd herself. She listened carefully, but so far, nothing sounded good to her pointed ears. Frustration started to pour in her mind. She planted her hands on the her hips, and didn't bother to apolegize for bumping anyone else. Many thought her a rude traveller, but none started anything, for they didn't know what she might be capable off.

Nothing! She grimanced, gritting her teeth. Esme looked about the small section for a short period of time, and nothing. It's a peaceful village... The odd girl thought with a sneer. Peaceful ment it was boring! Oh well. She quickly decided to find Rain, and started back towards the place they had seperated. No longing smiling, she looked like she was in a state of manic depression as she walked. Lost in thought all of the sudden. Curious if her hopeless search for him was in vain, though, if any of them were still breathing, he was the most likely canidate afterall. She stopped, looking up. It was creeping closer past dusk, and slowly she saw darkness slithering into the light.

Esme smiled.

Posted (edited)

Adn watched as the Sheikah and the other man talking. Raelin was standing there as well. Adn, who so far, hadn't been detected was still watching from the shadows. Since the Sheikah was too preoccupied to notice her, she looked at Raelin and then realized where she had seen her before. Hyrule Castle Town, I saw her just briefly before leaving. For a princess, she's alot like her grandmother...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She kept her ears alert, listening, she was almost sure of it now. Perhaps...yes...definately. Adn had finally returned from her journey. She laughed softly and padded down a particualar path landing squarely in the Kakariko Graveyard. Her presense had turned the attention of the Sheikah and two Hylians standing there. She turned her head towards the shadows and saw Adn. My other half... She smiled darkly at her and then she turned back to the Sheikah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adn watched as Dmi leaped down in front of the Sheikah. Her fur stood on end, 100 years earlier she had helped them, but that was only because she had to. There was no telling what Dmi would do now. Dmi turned in her direction smiled and then turned back to the Sheikah. This might not go well...

OOC:

New Character(well actually old character returning):

Name: Dmi

History: Dmi is the Dark opposite of Adn. She was "slain" in the Battle with Dark Link but she was been discovered by Adn to still exist. She, unwillingly, helped the group save Hyrule from destruction and then, she departed to her own world.

Appearance: Dmi appears as a white wolf in the normal world but in the Dark World she appears as a black wolf with blue eyes.

Edited by Adn (see edit history)

Posted

"...The village is just down this road. If you are meeting someone there, then you shouldn't have traveled to far into the village graveyard..." Trigger said, answering the stranger's question. He seemed very calm on the exterior, though from what Raelin knew of Trigger, he was probably poised to attack should the need arise. He kept his eyes locked on the man.

The man spoke then, slowly and carefully, "You are.....probably right. I thought I had seen the person I am meeting walking towards the graveyard. But perhaps I was mistaken." The man's eyes darted this way and that. Eventually, they rested on Raelin. "The gaze sent a chill up her spine. She felt compelled to speak. "Well then, stranger..." she said carefully. "Perhaps we can help you. This person you were meeting....what did they look like?"

Raelin the realized her mistake. She had let the stranger know that they did not believe his words. She had backed him into a corner. His eyes narrowed ever so slightly. The tension between the trio intensified, none of them daring to move or speak for several moments.

Posted

The people suspected that he wasn't being truthful. And he wasn't, of course, but his lies carried no negative intentions. Of course, they wouldn't understand that. He found himself quickly running out of options, and the remainin ones weren't particularly appealing. David's memories were beginning to come back, and the man that he was speaking to looked increasingly familiar. Dangerous.

Should I run, fight, or talk my way out of it? Talking wasn't possible anymore, so the man simply stared back, his green eyes obscured from sight by the shadow his hood cast across his young face. Now was the time, he thought. He allowed his hand to venture higher on his blade, feeling the small ridges that made up the pattern on the steel until he finally found the handle. He stepped forward, toward the male traveler, extending his other hand. "That's the thing. Really, I don't know who I was looking for. I cannot remember. But I think that parhaps, just perhaps, I was waiting for you."

At that moment, with David about to strike and the man he was threatening ready to defend himself and the woman he was with, a wolf jumped forward. Its low growl and bared teeth caught them all off guard, but David was quick enough to use this to his advantage. He tore his knife from its sheath, the shining blade catching the sun. The other man reacted, but not nearly fast enough to avoid the blade completely. The sharp metal bit into flesh, and the assassin ran. He didn't look back, but he knew that his attack had not been fatal. In fact, the man had managed to almost completely avoid the knife, only taking a small cut to the forearm.

It was then, sprinting down the road with knife in hand, that David remembered everything. He hadn't been in the graveyard because he was waiting for someone, he had been there because it was where they buried the dead. He had been hired by the man, the one who told him the truth of the monarchs, to kill the royal family. He had almost made it, sneaking into the king's bedchamber without detection, but there was one thing he hadn't expected. A shiekah, waiting for someone such as himself.

He reached up and touched the scar that ran diagonally across his neck. He hadn't noticed it at first, but now...

The shiekah had put up a good fight. In fact, better than he had. The shiekah had slashed his throat, and he had died. That was why he had been in the graveyard.

He slowed to a walk, far away from the travelers. What had the woman said when he had attacked? "Trigger!" The blood drained from his face, and he put his dagger away. Trigger was the name of the shiekah who had killed him.

He was in Kakariko village now. He looked up the mountain and continued on, this new information fresh in his mind. He had come to find the man who had sent him to his death.

Posted

Trigger tried his best to defend himself from the sudden attack from the assassin, but was a bit too slow to react. He felt a small amount of pain shooting through his arm, although not a lot. Just as Trigger recovered from the attack, he realized that he man had already ran off. He looked at Raelin, who seemed to be a bit concerned. She yelled his name not too long ago, surely worried about him. "I'm okay, it's only a small wound." Trigger assured her, looking at he wound. He then realized that, the scar pattern that the knife dealt; it looked vaguely familiar.

Trigger then remembered what the man said, "But I think that parhaps, just perhaps, I was waiting for you." 'Why would this man searching for me?' Trigger wondered, still unsure about this man's motives. He didn't wear the same garb that the Furani wore, so probably he didn't side with them. But, then again, he might be...

Quite suddenly, images of the man returned, and they resembled familiarority. Soon, Trigger remembered the cut along his man's throat, the same one that he dealt to another assassin in the past.

~Flashback~

Trigger stood in the shadows, out of detection from everyone, including the castle guards. He held his sword, hearing the doors nearby open. A man, dressed in black entered the room, a dagger in his hands entered the royal bed chambers. He saw the man approach the inhabted bed, ready to strike. In an instant, Trigger risen from the darkness and stopped the dagger in its tracks with his sword. The man, somewhat startled, backed away and looked at Trigger.

"I would recomend that you leave immediately, or it will cost you your life." Trigger warned in a whisper, his blade pointed at the assassin. The man shook his head and lunged at Trigger, dagger ready. Having his sword ready, he blocked a few blows that came from the man. They were quite swift as the blows came one by one, Trigger only keeping the pace by blocking them. But, due to lack of a few reflexes, he felt a pain in his left arm, a scar placed upon it. Quickening his pace, Trigger was only holding back against him, and eventually, disarmed the man of his weapon, the knife fell blade first into the floor.

"Who are you...?" the man questioned, as Trigger readied for an attack. "My name is Trigger Bladestorm..." Trigger swung his blade diagonally across the man's neck, causing him to fall. Blood poured out from the wound at quite a pace, as Trigger shook his sword free of the substance before sheathing it. "Remember it as you burn in hell..." Trigger added, as he heard movement from the bed. Being left with little option, Trigger threw a deku nut and disappeared in a flash, reappearing outside the castle walls.

~End of FlashBack~

Trigger couldn't believe that this man was able to survive the death blow, and that the wound given to him was similar. Trigger muttered, "That man... I know him." as he looked to Raelin.

Posted

Know him.....the words echoed in Raelin's mind as she looked first to the knife wound in Trigger's arm, then down the path to the village, where the stranger had run. It's probably too late to catch him now, she thought. He's obviously trained as a fighter....a spy.....an assassin, even.

Trigger, now absorbed in some deep thought or memory, stared back down the path as well. He seemed to be piecing something together in his mind. This is why he didn't hear Raelin approaching, or if he did, he dismissed it.

But he did not dismiss the knife that was held at his throat a moment later.

Then, he heard Raelin's voice from behind him, commanding and obviously in no mood for secrecy and mysteries. "Tell me who you are." she said flatly. The hand holding the knife was steady; steadier and more menacing than Trigger would have expected from a woman, much less a princess. "Tell me now. Who are you, and why do you know that man? I've had enough of following blindly!"

Posted

Rain fell into the crowd yet again as dark clouds advanced over the village an omen of the coming storm. The sky would soon be rattling the earth with heavy tear drops of rain and the villagers knew it. Esme was easily found in the crowd, staring at the darkening sky with a mirthful grin upon her face. "Esme-" Rain began.

"Rain," Esme interrupted, looking down to him as if aware of his presence even when she was preoccupied with the darkness overhead. "This place is dull, are we leaving any time soon? I don't believe we'll find anything of any worth in this peaceful little village." she spoke these final words in a displeased tone, a look on her face which subtly suggested a deep disgust for peace.

"Well, it doesn't matter. We'll be leaving here soon, dead or alive. The same goes for many, if not all, of the villagers here. The Furani are coming. I was just attacked by an assassin on the rooftop and I'm sure more will be assembling around the area soon." Rain said quickly, his mind casting itself back to the assassin. Strength I never knew I had before. Rain thought with a pleased smile which he quickly took away again.

"Furani? You mean the fanatics? That means there will be a battle then, how exciting!" she said in a quaint manner, clasping her hands together and swaying a little on the spot, her eyes bright with excitement. She giggled, covering her mouth, muggling them as they escaped. With it, a flash of lightning and a crash of thunder met, signalling the nearing of the storm. "It really is exhilarating, isn't it?"

Posted

[ you write a fantastic Esme, Bathy xD

its almost scary.]

Esme was slowly calming from her giggle fit, as quickly returned her attention to Rain. "Haha! A battle... in the rain, Rain!..." More giggled. "Its almost romantic, wouldn't you say?" She squated down, and patted the wolf. "But in the mean time, we should probably find a place to keep dry..." She stated flatly, with a grim smile. "Unless... you think they'll be here soon?" Her voice flooded it excitment and hope. "Yeah? No?" And with that, she stood with her hands on her hips.

She was grinning widely. If there was trouble, maybe she would... no, maybe they would both find the person they were looking for. Happy thoughs flooded her, but then, she realized something. She was cold.

"I need a cloak..." And pouted.