The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted

Kakariko village proved to be home to an interesting crowd. The people from the road, a young girl with a wolf, a large man running with a boy...

The last two were quickly moving towards David. Were they going to the graveyard? Surely not, unless that dead place was popular enough to attract a killer, a man, and a boy in under a few hours. And yet here they came, sprinting at full speed directly toward the exit road. They quickly slowed to a walk, for the large man's face was red and puffy and he appeared short of breath. They continued moving, though, and soon enough they reached David.

He held out his arms to stop them. "Sir, are you heading to the graveyard, by chance?" It was a curious thing then, as the man looked up directly into David's eyes and froze. He started shaking, tears leaking from the corners of his eyes. David stared softly into the man's own eyes, tilting his head to the side slightly in his confusion. The man suddenly broke, falling to his knees and sobbing uncontrollably. People started looking in their direction which, in turn, caused David to become nervous. As an assassin, the last thing you want is attention.

"It was me!" The man was yelling. "You've returned! It is time for me to take your place, my place. Take me now! Take me to Hell where I belong!" The yells had turned to wails, lamenting his fate. Quite a few people were staring now, including the boy. David looked down at the young man, setting his jaw and narrowin his eyes. They boy understood and left, presumably sprinting home to tell his parents of the terrible demon that had entered the town.

"Sir! I am not here to kill you!" David reassured the man, kneeling down and covering his mouth. "I am sure that I know who you are, though, and I need your help. Stand up." The man stood, lip still quivering but remaining silent. "I need you to tell me some things. About me, preferably, as I find myself unable to remember most of my past. But first, I have to get rid of my cloak. A shame, too. It's nice, but far to recognizable. I'm sure I have more stashed away somewhere." David began looking around.

He fixed his eyes on the girl with the wolf and began moving toward her. He unclipped the clasp that held it on his body and pulled off one sleeve, then another. "Excuse me, young woman. You seem to be a bit uncomfortable with the cool weather." She looked up at him with eyes that seemed to carry rebellion and an odd roosteriness at the same time. She was also shivering. "Take my cloak. Here," he said to her before she had an opportunity to respond. He draped the heavy fabric over her shoulders, fastened the clasp, and hurried off back to the man.

"Now, you will tell me about my past as we walk. Be quick, though. There's evil in the air."

Posted (edited)

Ooc: Question - What does Esme think of the rain?

Bic: "I'm sorry, Esme, but I don't have one to give you. But shade would be best. Somewhere in the clear though. I'm not entirely sure of when we'll need to act. Rain said quickly and anxiously, glancing about the village street. "There, there's a shaded porch in front of that house. We could wait there." Rain said, seeing the porch. The group from earlier had migrated to the shade also. Rain and Esme made their way quickly to the porch, Esme tripping slightly as she gazed about absent mindedly, yet concentrated, at the rooftops, where Rain had claimed that he had been attacked.

As they reached the comfort of shade, Rain shook himself off and Esme leaned out a little, still scanning the rooftops. She pouted a little when she failed to spy any signs of assassins or archers or anything that might get this party started. As Rain walked a little further in, he saw people at the windows looking out into the dark sky. A boy at the window stared at Rain, his nose pressed to the window. He seemed mesmerised almost merely by the look of him. A big brown dog it must have seemed to the boy. The parents saw otherwise and pulled him away from the window. Rain watched him as he stared after him, his mothers hand on his wrist.

Rain looked away with a sigh to see the old man in the cloak look away. "Rain, I don't see any Furani, are you sure you were even attacked or are you just teasing me?" Esme turned to Rain, still smiling amongst the excitement of the storm.

The man looked back at them, quickly. "Furani?" Esme and Rain looked at the man, both blank faced and surprised at the stranger's sudden interruption. "You, girl. Did you just say that Furani were nearby?"

Esme squinted at him, her hands on her hips. 'Girl'? Esme gave him an annoyed stare for a moment, the man's expression unchanging and serious. Esme nodded and looked back to the sky. Rain looked around at them all. They know of the Furani too? he wondered. Why did they not warn the villagers already? Did they not bother? Or is there something else going on here?

Esme gasped excitedly, catching the glint of armour from the rooftops. "Rain, Rain, look, they're here." she said quickly and quitely, pointing to the roof. The group nearby all looked in shock, the one in the white robes drew his blade and readied himself.

Ooc: How did I do with Esme on this post? Any flaws with it? I'd like to get to know the character so I can RP a little better.

Edit: I made this while shadowknight made his, so nevermind about the cloak bit. ;o

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted

[ Esme likes Rain, though she doesn't like thunder. She can deal with it in small amounts, but if this rain shower is a huge thunder storm, she might freak out ;3

.... is this storm ganna get super thundery? ]

Esme gave the man odd look as he draped his cloak over her shoulders. People were never that nice for no reason these days.. She shook it off after staring at him blankly.

Then Rain started talking about shade and other things and began to walk. She simply followed, looking a bout. Looking for anything! She nearly tripped flat on her face, but caught herself in mid-fall. The roof tops were bare! Rain shook as kanines did once they reached under the shade, but she looked a bout the roofs still. Nothing! She was getting annoyed now. "Rain, I don't see any Furani, are you sure you were even attacked or are you just teasing me?" Esme turned to Rain, still smiling amongst the excitement of the storm... which she secretly hoped would calm just a little.

The man looked back at them, quickly. "Furani?" Esme and Rain looked at the man, both blank faced and surprised at the stranger's sudden interruption. "You, girl. Did you just say that Furani were nearby?"

G-girl!? Esme planted her hand on her ample hips, a desire to slit this mans throat boiled hot in her. But it soon was just a shimmer. She nodded, then went backto her looking.She gasped excitedly, catching the glint of armour from the rooftops. "Rain, Rain, look, they're here." she said quickly and quitely, pointing to the roof. One in white drew their sword, and Esme's grin grew. "Playtime..."

[and you're doing Esme fine! You've got a nack for the insane :3

but wheres my angst!? D}: ]

Posted

Nice. I'm going to leave it there, though. We should let the others catch up and set their scenes before the battle commences. And besides, I need to go to bed. After all, it's 1am D:

Phoenix, I see you reading the posts. If you see this before you post, please don't make the whole battle last one post by writing it all yourself like you did at the beginning of Betrayal. Keep your character's killing spree to a mimumum, please and make him seem human. He can't whipe out several enemies in a single strike and he should be hurt if he does take on several at once and wins.

I'll comment on your post after you've made it, which I hope you will, with any comments or suggestions.

Posted (edited)

Trigger was silent for a short while, the blade held by Raelin at his throat. 'It would seem I have little choice...' Trigger thought, placing the sword in the sheathe. "Fine, I'll tell you who I really am, princess..." Trigger spoke, revealing that he did, indeed, know this woman's true identity. "My full name is Trigger Bladestorm, a Hylian who is trained in the ways of the guardians of the Royal Family of Hyrule, the Shiekah. I'm merely a challenge seeker who doesn't rest until I find the opponent I constantly search for."

"That man... He tried to kill your father, the king, a few weeks ago. Luckily, I heard the rumors about the assassin and waited until night where I snuck into the castle. In my opinion, you really need to train your guards with much more... how shall I say this, skill and have them improve on their eyesight." Trigger explained, as he removed his glove, "I'm sure you know of this, correct?" he added, revealing the mark of the Triforce.

"Anyways, that night, in your father's chamber, I waited for this man. He appeared, and before he could deal the death blow, I confronted him and fought him. Which wasn't all that hard, might I add. Anyways, I don't like leaving assassins alive after I beat them in combat, so I left him a death blow diagonally across his neck. I'm sure you noticed it too, didn't you, princess? The scar that was laid out across his neck?" Trigger said, chuckling slightly.

"How he could survive such a vital blow, I may never know. Apparently, he didn't like dying the first time, so second time might be better. Not only is he going to die, but I'll kill this Vaati character as well, reguardless of what he has at his disposal." Trigger said, unaware of the mark glowing slightly. "But, as for right know, I recomend that you put that blade away. And you can deny it all you want, but I can never forget a wound mark that I caused. If you need any further proof, here..." Trigger reached and held his journal, the one that he'd always write in after major events, or if he was just bored.

"As of now, it's yours. Whatever you do to it, I don't care, do as you wish with it." Trigger said, as he held out enough for Princess Raelin to see. The glow on the back of his hand faded, returning back to its greyish outline, still unnoticed by Trigger. He spoke calmy the whole time, not wanting to cause a disturbance.

Edited by Dark Fire (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Dmi listened to the whole exchange. So, this Sheikah boy holds the Triforce of Courage? Interesting... She growled once more at them and jumped up to where Adn stood, also watching. The two wolves faced eachother, both of them exact opposites. "Well, your back are you?" Dmi asked sneering. "Yes, and you?" Dmi's smile flashed again. "Oh, yes I do believe I am." Adn growled "I can defeat you."

"Alot can change in 100 years."

Dmi said then the two wolves completely ignoring the others below them, jumped down to the graveyard floor.Dust built up all around them. "This will be it for you. You'll go just like the rest of your miserable friends." Dmi howled. The dust around them suddeny turned to rain. The change in weather was not noticed by either wolf as they charged at one another.

Kaylaa was still waiting for the others to finalized the plan. She looked down at the dog and smiled. But, in her mind she was wondering. Where did Adn, Trigger and the Princess go? She knew she couldn't go by herself. Maybe I'm just weighing this group down. I don't have any special powers, not to mention the Triforce...Maybe they'd get on better if I just left. But, she knew it wouldn't be easy. She would wait until the moment arrived and then she would go, save them a burden...she hoped.

Edited by Adn (see edit history)

Posted

*clap* *clap*

Come on you lot, we need those characters on the scene before the battle begins. EsmePoe and I could have started and finished this if it wasn't for the lack of posts. ;o

Posted

[ ha ha xD even online, slow claps are friggin' funny.

...but yeah D: ]

Posted

Ooc: Okay, I need to go back and read a lot of material here...not sure what's going on. If I don't tonight, I am going to try to post tomorrow, but after that I'll be in New York City until Friday night, so could you guys try and keep my character afloat for a while?

Posted

rawr.

Posted

[ in the meanwhile... :3 ]

A groan rippled through out his body as the sun began to set. He was losing time! What if it was too late...? A tall man shook his head, his visable jaw clenched. The hood of his white cloak shadowed out most of his face, and accented his dark skin. "Damnit all..." His voice was gruff, but the way he spoke was smooth, almost regal. It was also annoyed. He was close enough to the desert that he could taste sand, but that was all the wind brought him. Not a trace of her.

He sighed, crossing his arms over his broad chest, the golden bangle on his wrists clinked togather. It was time like this, he wish he was an appaition again... well, a full one atleast. His head tilted down, looking at the lanturn attached to his belt.

"Where are you..?" She whispered softly, one of his hands now rubbing his face in frustration, "Why is everything a game for you...?"

Posted

Subae neared the edge of the desert, the sand storm starting to pick up about his feet. He only wondered what Teto had been up to out here. Not like it mattered anymore now that he and Reno now possessed a physical form, although this one felt new to him, having lived so long as a spirit. 200 years. 200 years since the day he was killed and, for Teto, these years passed in a matter of months. He knew not the pain that had ravaged Subae's soul those long years. The urge to hunt and kill was unbearable and he had been decieved by the old tales of death. He didn't leave to a paradise in which he could be at rest. All he did was starve as an invisible being, unable to feel the warm embrace of death's peace. The years had made him sour and skeptical at best and his playful nature had almost completely left him. He had yet to smile like he did the moment before his betrayal.

The warmth of the desert was welcome to him as he had felt nothing but an icy chill for that 200 year brooding marathon.

He looked forward through the heat haze of the desert. In the distance, he saw what looked like a man. A man with his arms folded, looking into the face of the sand storm. He saw in him a memory. A guide in a forest. Alabaster.

He was certain. The air around him spoke the name. He had parted from Subae shortly before he was killed. His body torn to three and he, killed by Teto.

Running up, behind the man, he saw him turn, his face visible but for a moment, confirming his suspicions.

Posted

//Sorry for the inactivity, I was out of town and don't like typing up long posts on my phone.

David and the man walked through the town, slowly making their way toward the store. They talked about some simple things, but not about the life of the assassin. They didn't want to risk being heard by a civilian for risk of being confronted. They passed a few men in white cloaks but didn't think much of them; they seemed to be just talking amongst themselves.

Eventually, they reached the door of the shop. "It's time," David said, "for you to give me some answers. Tell me what you know."

The man sighed. "Your name is David Shaide. You are an assassin." David nodded and indicated for him to continue. "I found you about a year ago, living on the streets of Castle Town as a thief. I told you about the monarchy that rules Hyrule, and-" The bell above the door rang and one of the men dressed in white entered. He pulled down his hood and shook his head, trying to dry it off a bit before continuing. He sighed and looked up with clear blue eyes.

"Veln?" The shopkeeper nodded. "Hello. I don't think we know each other, but I have something for you." He pulled a long package out of his robe and stepped forward, holding it out. "Take it, please."

Veln took the package and set it on the counter. "Do you want me to open this now?" The man nodded, and chills ran down David's spine. Veln took a small knife out from behind the counter and broke the seal on the box, allowing its lid to be pulled free. When he did so, both Veln and David gasped. Inside was a sword, beautifully forged and etched with the symbol of a phoenix into the blade. David knew that something was wrong now, as he had seen this phoenix twice in that day. The first was on his knife, which he withdrew at the moment. The second was on the back of his robe, which he had given to the girl.

Veln let out a cry and crumpled to the ground, a small pool of blood spreading from a hole in his back. The man in white had made his way around the counter while the two of them were distracted, and Veln had payed the price. It was a price that David couldn't afford to pay as well. He grabbed the sword from the box and dove over the counter, rolling to his feet and forcing his way through the door. He cut a sharp right and rounded to the other side of the building and, when he heard the bell ring, ducked low to the ground and waited. After a few seconds, he crept out and peered around the corner. The man was gone, but there was an even more terrible thing waiting for him. On the roof of the building in front of him was a small group of men, all dressed in white robes that were stained in crimson red. In the city below was a crowd of people that were desperately trying to get out of the city, and mixed within that crowd were men dressed in clean white. David looked at his new sword and moved forward, headed for the rooftop. It seemed that his assassin skills were about to be of great use to him and the people of this city.

Posted

[ That's alright, Shadow! Rain and I are just impatient people? ]

Alabaster heard something approuching in from the back, and he quickly turned around. A tiger.. a compainion in holy woods.

Subae. Alabastr smiled, removing his hood. He had a handsome face with a sharp nose and angular features and eyes the color of honey. His red hair pulled back from his face with a few loose chucjs that seemed to frame areas of his face. "Its been awhile, my old friend..."He whispered solomly in relief. But his relieft was soon dispelled by the tales the tiger was to tell the him.

~~

"We need to hurry." It was already dark, and the tall man was starting to panic. He had to find her before she found him. The gerudo man sneered in disgust. How had he been so blind? Hope soon set foot in his mind for he could swear he saw Kakariko village not to far off in the distance.

Esme was smiling a smile that no sane person could manage. "Watch my back, Rain?" She whispered in a rushed tone, the gems on her gloves glowing slightly. She was a magican, maybe? Or a mage? It was uncertain at this point as she walked out into the rain, removing the cloak from her shoulders. It woould just slow her down. The gems glew brighter as she held her arms infront of herself, and moved then in a circle before her."Eheheheehhe..."

The light from the gems seemed to draw in the air, and then... became soild. A weapon. A larged blade shaped in a circle, a ring blade decorated in black and gold. The inner circle was dull it seemed, for Esme was holding it there, the outside was jagged and sharped.

It was designed to kill.

Posted

Rain threw himself after Esme, standing at her side as she summoned her weapon. Rain didn't hold a weapon himself. He was the weapon. With tooth and claw he should fight, but for him it seemed an impossible task to kill another living creature. It was somewhat of an aquired taste, possibly. Something he was sure he would grow into. It pained him to think it, but he was created to hunt and destroy a man he does not know. He lifted his head and snapped back to reality, the rain shattering down on his coat, which seemed oddly dry considering the weather. He readied himself next to Esme as the towsfolk ran past them in the opposite direction. Doors lay open and archers assembled on the rooftops. The battle had begun.

--------------------

Aeth was ready before any of the others. "I'll take to the rooftops. I'll help take down the archers as I fear that they shall proove quite bothersome throughout."Aeth turned to Ryoo. Ryoo nodded as he rose from his seat, preparing for the battle himself.

--------------------

Selvaria stood at the rear of the flood of warriors as they fell on the rain drenched village with all the force of a waterfall, crashing down and draining the towspeople from their homes. "Those who fight, slay them. Those who surrender, leave them to whatever fate they chose." Selvaria shouted clearly over the clash of metal on metal and the screaming of the townsfolk. She herself drew her rapier from her belt and held it lightly at her side. She closed her eyes, calmly and opened them again, a fierce red.

--------------------

Aeth climbed to the rooftop and met immediately with an archer. Their robes were identical so the archer thought nothing of him. He was just another of the Furani. They were correct in the assumption. Aeth walked past calmly and cast a glance back at the group. Only Kaylaa noticed, as if she didn't already know. Aeth grinned and fell into the battle further down the village.

--------------------

Rain dodged and weaved through the crowd, never retaliating to attack or countering a hit, though few. He never once saw the chance to take a bite at the enemy for fear of hitting an innocent. Esme fought, though it was unclear how she progressed. Rain had to look out for himself for now. Esme could handle it, he was sure.