The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted

With the stealth that had earned him his title, the assassin crept up to the rooftop before him, scalin the wall as quickly as any insect could. Pulling himself over the edge, he inched forward toward the exposed back of the archer. When he was close enough that he could smell the man's sweat, he raised his sword and spoke. "The time to choose your fate is now." The man turned around in shock that this man had seemingly appeared from the air. "I would prefer to leave you alive, but you should know that in my past life I was an assassin of the highest caliber." The man lowered his bow to the ground, sighed, and raised his hands. "On the ground," David said.

The archer crouched down and lowered his head, hands on top of his scalp. David lowered his sword and reached forward to bind the man with his cloak, and the man pushed off the ground and tackled David off the roof. They had managed to be unlucky enough to fall off of the side that faced the edge of the cliff as well, and David could hear the man muttering prayers as they fell, tangled together in the wickidest of knots. David, who had miraculously managed to keep his grip on the sword, pulled it across the man's chest, allowing the blade its first taste of blood. The archer released his hold and fell away from David, who released the sword and braced himself for the imminent impact. As the ground rushed forward he saw that the girl he had given his cloak to was standing near where he was going. He tried to call out to her, but all that came from his mouth was a muffled groan. The air was moving past him so fast, he couldn't coax the air into his lungs. The darkness began creeping in from the sides of his vision, and he started losing consciousness. His sword hit the ground a few feet away, somehow managing not to break.

David hit the ground a second after the archer, and with a few loud cracks and a small cloud of dust, the world went black.

Posted (edited)

[EDIT: Sorry, shadow, I was posted when you submitted yout post, I'll incoperate it now]

She pregressed slowly, aiming for throats. Killing wasn't an aquired taste for the ghost of a girl. It was just a taste. Her fighting style was erratic, sometimes it was smooth, like a dance. Other times it was clumsy and almost comical. It took Esme a moment to notice Rain wasn't with her. She looked around quickly, keeping her guard up. Her hair was plasted to her face, and dripping wet and, instead of have whisps and curls, was heavy and layed much flater and striaghter than before.

"Rain!?" She cried out, her bright eyes looking about the crowds of people, friends maybe, foes certainly. But no wolf. Panic creeped into her mind, and her shoulders sank... But her mind quickly severed from its thoughts of Rain, and to the pain of her right leg.

She screamed, stumbling back and twisted around, slashing her ring blade at her attacker. He fell, missing some of his hair. Esme nearly fell down, she gasped, trying to calm herself. Her right thiegh held a deep gash.

Thud. Something behind her! She hobbled and twiled around, just to find two bodies behind her. She winced. One was clearly dead, but the other...

Was the man that gave her that warm cloak... "Hey!" She made her way over to him, curious as to if her was still alive. Her leg was burning with pain, and she couldn't ingore it any longer. She fell down on to her left knee next to the man. Her pale hand gently touched him.

He was alive.

Alabaster and Subae reached the village, and soon discovered the village under attack. "No...No no!" He yelled, running ahead of the tiger. Esme! Please be safe! He was breathing heavily, tired fro mthe journey. He cursed his physical body, but he didn't hold the power to change back to a ghost, and the other side of that coin was he couldn't fight as a ghost. "Damnit!"

Where was she?

Edited by Apparitional Princess (see edit history)

Posted

Kaylaa, after seeing the beginings of the battle, ran off to the graveyard. It was there that she saw Adn and another wolf. The two were locked in combat. As soon as the the white wolf saw her it jumped towards the oncoming battle. Adn, Raelin and Trigger were all there. "Come on! We've got to go!" she said to them. Adn was instantly gone however, leaping after the white wolf. She looked at the other two and waited for their response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adn jumped across the roofs of each house after Dmi. She had a head start but, wasn't going full-throtle. She saw flashes of the engaging battle begining and could make out Ryoo and Aeth. It was then that she realized, Kaylaa wasn't armed. Well, she'll have to make due... Her thoughts were broken off as she realized that Dmi was no longer atop the roofs but, had joined into the ensuing battle. Adn chased after her, determined to know what she was after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dmi leaped away from Adn, determined to avoid her. Why didn't I kill her earlier...? I really need to prioritize. She caught Ryoo's eye and grinned. She flew through Furani and soldiers alike and reached the edge of the fighting, a flat plain. She turned to see Adn again. "Why are you so persistant?" she asked. "You're going to tell me everything." Adn growled.

"Am I?" she whispered, and then the two wolves exploded towards each other and began combat.

Posted

Rain leapt through the rushing feet, lost and devoid of all sense he had beforehand. He feared he was approaching not an exit, but something horrible. Danger was nearing and he had no way to evade it from his standpoint. All he could do was save himself from death coming at him from every angle, be it violence or simply the rotten luck of being caught beneath the rushing waters of the battle, cleaning out the blood soaked earth, the painful memories of a broken Hyrule.

Rain emerged on an unknown terrain, rain once again falling upon him out of the shade of battle and into the clear. All went quiet and still for a moment as he adjusted to the calm of the outside. He turned, the world resuming flow, and glanced behind him, Selvaria's blade striking his leg.

--------------------

Selvaria pulled out the blade as the wolf whimpered, on his side, cries of agony let out in weak, pleading yelps. She felt a shudder of mercy pass through and felt at once a sting of remorse at striking what must have been a harmless creature. She shook it off, however. Now was not the time to dell on such things. She left to the battlefield, the dog whimpered slightly in the dirt.

--------------------

Aeth fell into the battle and fought.

Posted

Darkness swirled around David as he lay on the ground. He couldn't move, and he also couldn't feel anything. He was just there. The world began to take shape around him, and Kakariko village slowly faded into view. It couldn't be a village, though, because there were no houses, no people. Just a mountain and a thick mist that clung close to the dirt. The lighting was odd, almost making the colours seem more vivid. He pushed himself to his feet with his numb limbs and walked. He moved toward the graveyard, but it was if he was floating, being pulled along by some unseen cord. He passed under the trees and into the clearing that should be the graveyard, but there were no stones. There was only a single man, standing in the center of the field with his sword pushed into the ground. He was wearing a cloak that reached the ground and covered his eyes, and on his hands were winding black marks.

"David." The man spoke. "You must be more careful. You are important to our plan, and we cannot have you dead again. Isn't it enough of a task to bring you back once?" David felt like he was in a dream, and he nodded stupidly in response. "Yes, well, now to business. There is a rebellion in the works, and you will be critical in stopping it." The corners of his vision started going dark again, and his limbs grew heavy. "We haven't much time, so know this. You will have to make a decision to either join the evil or help stop it. If you join, you will die, and there will not be another chance. So live, and fight for those who fight for us." Before David could ask who "us" was, he fell into darkness.

The assassin opened his eyes and was overcome by a pain in his side. He had broken some ribs in the fall, it seemed, but nothing else had happened. He suspected that the man from his dream had something to do with that, but he knew that he wouldn't have another chance to redo things.

He noticed a hand on his chest and followed its arm to find its owner. It was the girl from before, the one that he had given his cloak to. She was injured, and her wound needed tending to. He moved her hand and grabbed his sword, cutting a strip from a cloak that was lying on the ground next to them. It belonged to the dead archer. He wrapped the cloth around her calf, pulling it tight to stop the bleeding. He was no medic, but he knew that something had to be done. He picked her up, ignoring the pain that his ribs were trying to make as clear as possible, and walked into the city, stepping over bodies. How long had he been out?

The girl opened her eyes.

Posted (edited)

The pain was causeing Esme to drift in and out of reality. One moment she was with...

and the other she was kneeling next to the man who had given her his cloak. Finally, she closed her eyes. The gash on her lower theigh was a bad one.

Then, suddenly... She felt like she was floating, but that was impossible at the moment, wasn't it? She was still in pain. She groaned. Some one was... holding her? Carrying her!? Her bright eyes opened and looked up at the man carrying her.

"Let me go right now you bastard" She shrieked, kicking and squirming in the much larger man's arms, her hands flew at his face, her nails aim at his eyes. He let her go, no man wanted to blind. Esme hobbled away from him, snarling. She had yet to try standing, and had just used her good leg to push herself away from the man. "Don't touch me..." Calm at first... then she shrieked.

"What do you think you're doing! How dare you!" She was mad, her anger was boiling up inside her. She had swore never to fit the sterotype that had befallen her. She'd never be a damsel in distress to just any wat-to-be hero! Never! The gems on her hands glew a deep shade and she gritting her teeth, looking about. Plenty of deads bodies... Was the battle over! No! It couldn't be. She didn't have time to make a round, it seemed...

she then tryed standing, and horror painted itself on her face. "Rain!" She screamed, and made a dash, only to have the pain return full force. She fell down face first. "D-damnit!"

Edited by Apparitional Princess (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Subae lost sight of Alabaster, entering the village, ravaged by the battle and almost empty due to the retreating villagers. People still fought, but were still heavily outnumbered by the Furani. It was a masacre. Glancing around, Subae's eyes rested on an injured wolf, on its side. He saw no other way to do anything from where he stood, so he made his way quickly to the wolf's side and leaned over him, trying his utmost to remove any trace of ferocity on his person. "Are you alright?"

Rain didn't answer, he whimpered softly, "Esme..." Subae seemed surprised.

He scoffed at Rain's cowardice. "Get up, I've walked on worse before, srsly." Subae walked ahead of Rain, putting on a face like this, >:|. Rain whined a little but still got to his feet, limping after the tiger. He sensed something about him. "You can't stay there long before you're killed. Trust me, I know of battle and death." Rain found the tiger intriguing. Something hidden beneath the rugged good looks (mreow).

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

((I was just waiting for Gael to post. Oh well...))

As he waited for Raelin to take the journal, a woman, supposibly the dog's owner ran up from the road to the village. "Come on! We've got to go!" she said, somewhat worried. Trigger then had a hunch that something was wrong within the village, so he unsheathed his sword and rushed past the girl, Raelin and the other girl following. As the three came up to the village, they saw that many townsfolk have took up arms against the Furani. Trigger grit his teeth and looked back at the girl and Raelin, thinking of a way to handle the idiots.

"Raelin, if you are strong enough with magic, try to take them out from a distance. And you, use my bow and try to aid her in any way you can. I'll go in and try to lure any melee fighters away from you, alright?" Trigger commanded, handing his bow and quiver of arrows to the girl. She took them and nodded, as Trigger looked back to the fight and lunged into the fray, ready to anhialate anyone who could cause damage against the people of the village. Instantly, three swordsman took notice and lunged at him, though they fell shortly after by Trigger's blade.

Trigger looked up and saw archers taking aim at him on the roof of a nearby building. As he dodged the arrows as they vollied towards him, he reached into his back pouch and grabbed one of seven deku nuts in his possession. Once he saw a small break between shots, he threw the nut and found himself behind the archers in a flash. Before they could even take notice of him, he killed them where they stood, knocking some off the roof. He then saw, in the middle of the village, what appeared to be a female fencer. Trigger grabbed another deku nut and threw it near his feet, finding himself back on the ground where he was before.

Trigger rushed over to the fencer and had his blade ready. The woman took notice of him and backed away, her rapier still in hand. It was oddly designed, but it looked almost like the same designs that the Furani had on their weapons. 'So this woman is working for the Furani. She might actually be a good challenge, as she uses a sword and a bow like myself.' Trigger thought, as he, like the woman no too far away, was ready for a fight. "I'm guessing that you lead this attacking group, correct? You'll regret doing this to the village I've resided in for my whole life!" Trigger yelled, unaware that the mark was glowing again.

The woman looked at the Triforce, clearly showing that this was the person she was looking for. Trigger kept his distance and stood in a defensive stance, ready for an attack from this woman.

Edited by Dark Fire (see edit history)

Posted

Kaylaa stood atop a high point on a roof. From there she could see the whole battlefield. She turned left and could see Aeth. Then she noticed something on the other side of the battle. Adn and that wolf were fighting again. She shook it from her mind. There were more important things to be done. She raised the bow and notched and arrow. She set her target and with a thwap from the string it soared straight to it's mark. She was a little astounded and for a moment wondered why that had happened but, then she fired again. I wonder...I've never really fought before...not least with a bow and arrow...so, why am I so skilled...? She, however, was forced to trun her thoughts back the the battle and continued her arrow barrage upon the Furani.

She then, jumped down from the roof and, the dog following close behind her. Kaylaa ran into the main battle with the bow at the ready.

Dmi and Adn broke away from each other once more. "I may have lost my ability to predict your moves, but I expected a little more from you, Adn." Adn growled back "I could say the same..." The two wolves faced each other, both panting. They knew at that moment they were both thinking the same thing. A hundred years ago, it was the crystal that really gave me all that power...no, I promised I wouldn't...not after Nia... Adn looked down at it then back up at Dmi. It was then that she leaped for the others throat. Her claws scraped it, raising a angry red line, but nothing more. Dmi slid back and looking from Adn to her neck, smiled. "You on the verge of using it, aren't you? If you do, you'll lose control." Adn growled back "No...I won't use it again..." Dmi smiled again and said "Then why do you still wear it?"

Adn had seen that smiled too many times, it was too much like Subae's the traitor...She leaped up once more and landed hard down onto Dmi, holding the white wolf under her, she spat. "Because, I need it to be a reminder of what I once did, of hat a could do, in order to keep me from doing so." Dmi whispered back "I don't think that's the only reason." Then Dmi flipped Adn off her and the two wolves faced each other again on the plain that streached in front of them.

Posted

Selvaria flicked back her long white hair, showing her red eyes, dark again in the roaring storm. "You seem to bear the mark. The mark of the Goddesses? Don't think that will save you from Lord Vaati. His power is stronger than that which you hold." Selvaria faced him and ligted the rapier to her side, pointing at Trigger, who remained in the defensive. "Have you the foolish instinct to retaliate, I will see to it that this earth drinks deeply of your blood." Selvaria flourished her blade and threw a strike at Trigger, who knocked it back effortlessly, as did he was the following attack. He did not forsee Selvaria's kick to the shin, forcing him to fall. She spun and swiped the rapier at his neck, which he dodged with awe inspiring agility by flicking back his head, the blade missing by but a thread. Trigger spun to his stomach on the soaked earth, swiping at Selvaria's feet as he turned, knocker her down also.

He got to his feet and met Selvaria with a satisfied glare, seeing a trace of fear in her eyes as she got up, still in the defensive as he now resumed. "I will not fail Lord Vaati. We may not finish this here, but someday in some shape or form, we shall meet again. In battle." Trigger grinned smugly. He seemed to have found his challenge, as had Selvaria, at last.

"We will meet again. In battle." Trigger said, knowing that the battle here had come to an end.

Selvaria glowed blue a little and waved her hand through the air. "Men, retreat! The village is in ruins, we have prooved ourselves as wporthy foes to the province. That was the mission. It was not to slay them." Selvaria sheathed her blade and walked calmly out of the village, the soldiers passing by the bodies and the villagers. Selvaria watched Trigger as she left. I know Lord Vaati wont be at all pleased with my failure to bring him back, but taking down such a force isn't a simple task. But of course. I will be the one to do it.

--------------------

Vaati sat in the drawing room, staring into the fire. The window to his left was speckled with falling rain. "Gareth. How goes Selvaria's mission?" he asked, looking back to the messenger he sensed at the door.

"Sh-she. She failed my lord. Not entirely however. She confirmed our suspicions, however. The bearer of the Triforce of Courage lies in Kakariko. From reports, he has proven to be a worthy opponent. Agile and strong. Couldn't best Selvaria however. They seem equally matched, Lord."

"Then he is, beyond a shadow of doubt, out primary target for now. Keep Selvaria close by him, to keep track of him. No harm is to befall her. Holorius would not be pleased if his daughter was harmed in the line of duty, much less killed. I owe him that much for brining back into life." Vaati spoke in a low voice. "Have archers follow her too. I know she wants to be independant, but she must be protected."

Gareth nodded and left the room, Vaati still staring into the fire. Am I but one of the Furani's test subjects? A scapegoat for the people whilst something of greater importance is afoot? I might never know. All I know is that I'm not the Furani's top priority here.

--------------------

Rain staggered after Subae, the battle over. He looked about the near empty steet. The village seemed deserted and the injured were few in comparison to the dead. The unharmed were even less. Some tended to the wounded and others saved themselves from the possible second attack. Trigger left to hear Kaylaa and Raelin's stories and Esme was on the ground, a man stood behind her, in shock. The white robed man was nowhere to be seen and the old looking mage stood, looking after where the Furani had retreated, in the centre of the village. Rain heard Esme call out in pain. He felt a sudden shock of fear as he heard it. A tone in her voice he never thought he'd hear.

Rain limped quickly past Subae, who watched him, standing still. "Esme, are you okay?" Rain asked, anxiously.

Posted

When the wolf approached, David didn't know what to he should do. His assassin told him to run, but the dream...

Fight for those who fight for us. Did these two fight for the strange man? The girl who may very well be a demon was hard to judge, but the wolf seemed to want to protect her, to protect the innocent. This wolf could be trusted.

"I apologize, ma'am. Your wound needs tending to." His intentions were pure, partly because he felt like he needed to help those who needed and partly because he wanted to distance himself from his job title as much as possible. He didn't feel like he was the type of person to murder royalty, so why had he? It was a mystery that didn't seem possible to solve now that Veln was gone. Poor Veln, the innocent old man. His loss was one to be mourned, but not now. Now was the time for action, for fighting. David grabbed his sword and stuck it in his belt, and he slung the archer's bow, which had fallen with them, on his back. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed his cloak, muddy and wet but still in one piece, on the ground. He threw it over his shoulders and fastened the clasp.

"If you don't mind, would you please tell me who the hell those monsters were?"

Posted

Esme grumbled, gritting her teeth, she still sat on the muddy ground. Her white corset now dirty with the likes of blood and mud.

"I apologize, ma'am. Your wound needs tending to." Spoke the man.

"Well! Maybe I don't need your help!" She spat, growling. She could just rip his throat out... The nshe heard a familiar voice, and her composure returned to the one Rain knew well.

"Esme, are you okay?" Rain asked, anxiously, and Esme wrapped an arm around his scruff affectionally, grinning. "I'mm survive, Rain! Haha..." Her face suddenly went deadpan. "You're hurt..." Her other hand scratched one of the wolf's ears. "Are you okay, Rain?" She whispered, her eyes sad. From the corner of her eyes, she watched the strange man, but yet, ingored his question and comments. "Anyway! We shoudl get out of here, yeah? Before something else happens...hm?" Esme had only just then noticed the tiger standing not to far off. "What?"

Posted

Rain looked back at Subae. "He helped me earlier, Esme. Subae, wasn't it?" the tiger nodded, but Esme didn't aknowledge what Rain said, she already knew that it was him from so long ago. He had left to get the mirror shard and came back as Teto.

"Subae?" Esme inquired, the tiger soon realised who she was. She was the girl he had seen through his Teto possessed body. Esme. "You're not Subae. Teto?" Esme said, excitedly, trying to get up but instead half crawling towards the tiger.

"Teto?" Rain asked, fearfully, watching Esme crawl past towards the stranger he thought was an ally. "It's you?!" Rain barked, half in shock.

Esme fell quiet and looked back at Rain, not entirely sure of the problem. They stood, or lay, in silence for a moment. "What do you-"

"I'm not Teto. Both of you, I assure that you're wrong." Subae said, quickly, realising what had happened. On one side, you had an old friend of Teto, and on the other, you had his assassin. So, the purpose I was used for. To kill. It's happening again. With me as the victim. "Listen... I was Teto, but that's not me anymore. He stole my body and now I've stolen his." Subae explained. The word 'stolen' didn't seem to sit right with Esme at all. This Subae seemed to be the villain.

Rain looked at him. He couldn't help but think the same thing. The man he had hunted, trapped beneath the new body that was stolen from him. Life, taken from him. However horrible the creature possessed, it was still immoral.

Posted

David watched the bizarre exchange with growing interest. A tiger, a demon-girl, and a wolf discussing the black art of stealing bodies; it was like something out of a story old man Johann would tell in Castle Square. That was an interesting thought. My memories seem to be coming back to me. What else did Johann talk about? Then the memory hit him like a stone. Johann was a seer, a storyteller who told of events that hadn't yet come to pass. Perhaps he could help David learn what he was supposed to do! But first...

"Listen, I enjoy watching animals talk with devils as much as any man, but I need to know what's going on. If you tell me who those people were-" The girl interrupted him at that point, looking as if she wanted to inflict some bodily harm on him.

"Who do you think you are?"

"I'll tell you exactly who I am. I am a murderer and a thief, and you are likely to meet the same fate as that one," he pointed to the dead archer, "if you don't stop insulting me for helping you and tell me what the hell is going on in this mad-house of a town!" David had lost his temper for the first time since waking up in the graveyard, but it didn't matter. Someone was going to tell him what happened, and they were going to tell him soon.

Posted

Esme slowly clammered to her feet, ingoreing the pain, for sometime else was pooling into her amythest eyes. Madness. "S-Stolen... What.. do.. you.. mean?" Her voice crackled with hatred, and she took a step forward with her bad leg, whincing. "Do you mean... h-he's gone?" Anger seemed to seep out of the gems on her gloves. She then... giggled. "So! If I rip your soul to shreds, will I get my Teto back?" Another step forward. If Subae remembered much about Esme, it was her madness and the power it could hold over her.

Alabaster had always called his master a cruel woman...

"Listen, I enjoy watching animals talk with devils as much as any man, but I need to know what's going on. If you tell me who those people were-" David started, but was interupted himat that point, looking as if she wanted to inflict some bodily harm on him.

"Who do you think you are?" She sneered, madness still flickering in her eyes.

"I'll tell you exactly who I am. I am a murderer and a thief, and you are likely to meet the same fate as that one," he pointed to the dead archer, "if you don't stop insulting me for helping you and tell me what the hell is going on in this mad-house of a town!"

That was the last straw for the ghostly girl as she lunged at the assassin.

"Esmeralda!" A man's voice yelled, and seemingly out of nowhere a man dressed in a white hooded cape swooped the crazed girl up into his arms and spun her about, almost in the fashion of a newly wedded man twirling his new bride. "Calm down!" He demanded, and Esme's eyes widened, and she... smiled.

"Alabaster!"

[Disclaimer: While Esme doesn't seem so fond of David, I love him<3 ]