The Legend of Zelda: The Resurrection

266 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ooc: I'm taking care of Shadowknight's assassin while he's away. His story is already intertwined with Raelin's anyway, and I was planning on them meeting soon, so I hope he doesn't mind. Oh, and....what exactly are we doing...? O_o

Bic:

David had made up his mind. He was running out of patience, and he felt that around each corner there could be someone waiting in the dark to strike at him. His plan was not complicated; get out of Kakariko first. All the others he had met or seen had already moved on, though to where he did not know. He didn't even know why they had come.

It doesn't matter to me anyway....he said to himself. I hardly know what I am doing here. He had decided to venture to Castle Town to visit Johann, the old seer that he had recently remembered. He wished that he could remember more, but he decided that finding the seer was a good start.

The shadows on the ground were growing longer; David realized. Evening was approaching. This was good for him. He felt safer traveling in the shadow of night. As he made his way out of the village, he kept to the side of the road, covering his face with his hood. He passed a villager or two, but they took little notice of him. As long as he did not appear to be a Furani soldier, they didn't care who passed through.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

I don't mind. In fact, I thank you for doing so. I'm getting involved in issues in real life that I'm going to have difficulty sorting through, so I'll probably be out for a while. You may want to talk to Rain before David gets to the seer, though.

Yeah, psychology. Problems. That's what I get for poking into people's brains.

Posted

After a short while since the herb was applied to his back wound, he tried again to get to his feet, having less difficulty than before, but was still hard nonetheless. The wound felt as if it stopped bleeding, but only for the moment; meaning that it would take take a few days for him to fully recover. He looked over to Kaylaa and smiled at her, thanking her for her help for not only the fight, but also helping apply the herb. He would've had plenty of trouble doing it himself as he can't reach his back entirely, especially where the wound was. He then signaled for Kaylaa to follow him, as he headed towards the cliff.

It was diffiult; with the pain shooting through his veins, thus holding him back. He had dealt with many wounds while on his search, but none as large as this one that the woman caused. He had to admit, that was a dirty trick for her to do, but it could've been that she was trained to never fight fairly. He could only just give a bit of a look of pity to himself, for falling for something like that.

The footsteps of Kaylaa came behind him, meaning that she was following him, but he felt a bit of uncertainty from her. He told Raelin about how he knew about her, and that he saved her father, but he didn't know Kaylaa all that well, besides that she was one who hates the Furani like the villagers of Kakariko. Actually, now that he thought about it, how and why did the Furani know about him being in the village? Surely, know he knew there was at least one person within the village that couldn't be trusted, though it could be pretty much anyone.

He returned to reality as he found Kaylaa and himself along the canyon, just to where it starts. He then realized what he had to do; he pulled the rapier from his belt, the one the woman used to wound him, and stabbed it into the soil, making a cross. She might've been defeated, but she still was a good opponent, so she deserved to have her blade as a landmark for where she died here today. He looked at the blade, as a red ribbon hovered in front of him, caused by the wind. He reached out and grasped it, looking at it for a while. He then tied the ribbon to the hilt, showing that he did feel some sympathy to her, even if she was an enemy.

Kaylaa looked at him, as Trigger spoke, "I may not have known her, but I'll tell you this much; she was a more than worthy opponent, one which could've been a villian through our eyes, but she could've been a hero through the Furani's perspective. Although she did work for Vaati, she lived well, and for credit for wounding me, even a villian deserves some respect..." Trigger grew silent, unable to think of anything else to say. He walked around the rapier, as he headed towards the canyon, Kalaa following behind him. Trigger could only hope that he will be able to defeat Vaati through plenty of training and much learning to use the Triforce within him.

Posted

Selvaria dragged herself to the side of the lake, out of the water. Considerably larger in volume than before. She rolled to her back and stared into the now dark sky, the clouds ahead coated the sky and wanred of a coming storm. A storm of epic proportions. All to plan. Perfect. Selvaria grinned. This land thinks it has seen the worst. Widespread chaos and destruction. They don't yet know the meaning of the word. Selvaria got to her feat, a little unsteady. She limped to the staircase up and out of the lake.

--------------------

So this is really it? We're off to face Vaati... Rain hung his head a litte, just behind Esme in the group. I guess there isn't much to do now is there? No army to form. No power to seek. We just have what we have at our disposal. Two wolves, a ghost, a masked man, and Esme. Let's hope there are more out there seeking the same battle as us.

--------------------

Aeth, followed by several others, neared Eldin Bridge. They had been given the job of protecting Selvaria, and they had done everything but that. They knew not this fact however. They crossed and followed along a fresh trail they expected to be Selvaria's.

--------------------

Selvaria reached the top, weak from the climb up the narrow, steep staircase. She was strong willed however and despite her wounds, that would keep any other Furani down, she could still ascend such a staricase.

She made across the field towards the castle, her bow on her back.

Posted

The group walked in slence, everyone seemingly lost in their own heads. Alabaster was walking rather close to Esme, whom was walking slow tobegin with, his hand on the small of her back... almost lovingly. He was also ,on occasion, sending glances that meekly resembled glares at Teto. It was apparent he did not trust the masked man. Esme stumbled, but caught herself by grasping Alabaster's arm. He frowned. "We should stop. Rest for the night."

The ghostly girl didn't seem to argue, but she didn't agree either she just looked from person to person. Curious, almost.

Posted

Trigger struggled to remain standing, however it seemed to get more and more difficult for him to remain standing. He needed rest, but if he can't find somewhere that he can't be seen or discovered by the Furani, then no matter where he is, he's placed in danger. He can't fight well enough in his current condition, and if he is seen, he will either die by their hands, or he'll be imprisoned and be turned over to work with them. That was something Trigger wanted to avoid, as he'd rather die than serve under the major enemy of Hyrule, and the threat to the throne.

Trigger looked everywhere, however the only path where he might possibly not be found is up on the cliff, and climbing was a pain with the way his back is now. Even if he used his sword as a crutch, it would still be difficult, plus the trail will be noticed for sure. The only thing he could find possible for him to avoid being detected by the Furani, seemed to be a cave, but the last time he tried that, they were noticed, mainly because of a fire. At any rate, he'd have no choice but to take the cave, however there seemed to be none in sight for him, even with his incredible sight.

After walking for a while longer, he saw a cave along the left cliff, and it appeared as though it was quite deep within it. Trigger nodded as he limped over there, only to trip over a stone along the way, causing him to land face first into the dirt. Kaylaa ran up to him, however Trigger was already struggling to get back up. Trigger had to admit that it wasn't good for his health, not to mention the condition he was currently in, but he had to make it there, at least knowing that he was safeer from harm. Kaylaa, shaking her head in pity, grabbed his arm and helped him up, not hearing the growl that came from him.

After walking the remaining distance, Trigger dropped down along the cave wall, looking out the entrance/exit, thinking about what he should do. He knew that he needed much more training, as well as the wisdom needed in order to use the Triforce of Courage that resides within him. Kaylaa sat at the other end of the cave, Trigger's bow ready in her hands in case anything should happen. Trigger's eyes seemed to get heavy, and before he knew it, he passed out.

Posted

Selvaria limped away from the Lake, towards God knows where. She hadn't the knowledge of Hyrule and how to properly navigate it's long, winding roads, but now would be the time to learn, no matter how weak she felt and how drained her body. She just hoped that help would arrive soon. Afterall, she didn't want to be left behind.

Looking ahead, her body swaying dangerously with every step, she watched the dark clouds advance to every horizon, consuming the land, almost. I need to get back before it's too late. If only I had the strength to summon my aid. I can barely lift my hand to sound the wistle. Selvaria winced as she though of it, trying to lift her hand. But I guess all I can do it move as fast as I can. I just need to guess my way to the castle from here. Too bad I was brought up underground or I might have had some kind of knowledge of the surface. And to think what little I've learned today will amount to nothing within the next few.

She emerged, after around an hour of limping, in Southern Hyrule Field. She looked about at the open plain and the spires of Hyrule Castle caught her eye. No more guesswork from here then! her bright red eyes lighting up a little, she smiled and turned to the sight, trying to speed up a little in the hopes she might get there in time.

Posted

Trigger opened his eyes, finding himself in complete darkness. He went to reach for his sword, however it wasn't there at his side, and neither was his bow on his shoulders. He didn't feel any pain in his back, however he felt weaker than he normally did before, as if he just finished a battle not too long ago. He looked around him, not seeing a single figure in sight.

Trigger looked back to himself, still in his tunic and cloak, however he couldn't help but shake the feeling that he wasn't alone. 'Is this what it means for when someone should die? or is this... my inner darkness?' Trigger thought, finally taking note of a figure in the far off distance. Trigger walked in that direction, while the figure just looked at him, feeling confident.

"Who are you?" Trigger asked, as he approached the figure, just enough so he could ask him a few questions. The figure glared at him, with cold, yet strangely familiar blue eyes. They wore a white tunic and cloak, with a sword at their side and a bow on their shoulder, the figure obviously being a male. The man had blond hair and on the man's torso was the symbol of the Triforce, however Courage was much larger than the other two. Strangly, this man had a light aura around him, showing that he did not believe in the dark at all, but his legs seemed to be chained to the dark ground below him.

"I am your inner self, the Triforce bearer that resides within you. I was locked up for a while now, until you passed out quite recently." the figure spoke, quite calmly and surely, "I was you, until the darkness of the wind mage came to this land. Since then, you completely changed; you wished to fight alone, you refused help even when you needed it, you even left the village you... we were accepted all the time, no matter what." Trigger looked at himself, quite surprised that this was who he was before Vaati appeared.

"You may fight the Furani and help damsels in distress, but in reality, you really someone who people will just wish to avoid. Ever since you became who you are now, your friends have stopped seeing and talking to you, people thought of you as someone who can't be trusted, and you became more stubborn than you were before. I've beeen attempting to remove these chains that bound me, and through those attempts, I was able to say a few things you'd never say. All because you locked me up, your inner light." the man spoke, though it wasn't of any anger at all. Trigger had just about enough of him, so just as he had his fist ready, a sword was placed at his neck, one of holy light.

"If you wish to challenge your light self here, I will take on the task. Just know that I won't hesitate to slay the darkness caused by Vaati, you." Trigger's light self informed, the blade held ready for combat. However, Trigger himslef lowered his guard, knowing that he couldn't take on his more sane self, mainly because he didn't have a weapon for him to use. The light looked at him and lowered his sword, but still grasped it incase the darkness tried to do anything.

"You desire to be noticed again by your friends, be trusted once more and be able to accepte help when offered. Is that not what you want? If you let me free of the chains that bind me here, I will aid you in any way I can, starting with the back wound you currently have. If you need any help using the Triforce, just call to me at any time and I will be relesed." the light spoke, holding out his free hand, the one with the Triforce on the back of it. Trigger's dark self stood there for a moment, before reaching out and grasping his light self's hand. The sound of snapping chain could be heard, and the darkness noticed that the chains bounding his light self's legs were separated.

"Thank you, my dear friend. When the time comes, you... we will be able to challenge Vaati, and crush the power he carries within him. The Triforce of Courage will not be underestimated this time, and it's power will be used properly for this fight, for if it's not enough, this land should crumble under the power of the Furani and Vaati." both the darkness and light spoke in unison, the world becoming bright through both their vision...

----------------------------------------

Trigger opened his eyes again some time later, hearing the sound of rain from outside the dark cave. He looked up and saw Kaylaa in the same position she was in before, and the pain that was in his back felt like it was completely removed, just as the light said. 'I will be with you... Always.' a voice came from inside him, which Trigger could only imagine being his light self. He smiled as he stood up with almost no difficulty, though he felt a very small pain, though he could handle that. He looked down to the Triforce and saw it giving of a dim glow, yet he wasn't in battle.

Trigger soon opened his mouth and spoke, "Hey... I appologize for the way I was acting on the way here, and I barely gave you a proper thank you for helping apply the herb earlier, as well as saving me from death. But, what to do now... I think the only answer is to confront Vaati. Whether we are able to take him on yet, I'm not sure, but I am sure that we will not be alone for this fight. I don't know for certain who will be there to help us, but it will be enough to bypass several waves of Furani and be able to enter the castle." Trigger aimed this at Kaylaa the whole time, speaking calmly and surely, just like his inner light. He waited for a response from Kaylaa, even if it would take a while.

((Ya, I had to metion something while Trigger was unconcious (I didn't want a simple post that's like *Trigger is still unconcious* or something), and thought the way he acted for a while, such as being selfish, slightly sadistic, being naive, and the fact that he wore a lot of black seemed like his darkness had taken hold on him. Just pointing that out.))

Posted

Kaylaa answered after thinking about it. "Well, then, I suppose we should get going when you're ready." She looked at the outside of the cave and thought about how quickly the past few days had gone. One moment she had been a normal person, now she was here, preparing to fight the forces of darkness? She shook her head slightly and her eyes were draw slightly towards the dully glowing Triforce on Trigger's hand. She continued to think until a thought occured to her. This...is totally crazy! I can't fight Vaati. Somewhere deeper in her mind something reminded her who was with her and she again looked outside into the rapidly intensifying rain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adn stood still as Esme's eyes passed over her. She suspected the feeling between them was, for now, mutual. She looked straight down and then to Rain and Teto. She was still not sure about Rain but always heard the beginnings of a growl when she looked at Teto. She lay down and surveyed the rest of the group, waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dmi had finally grown bored of the town and had proceded to the outskirts of Hyrule Field. The cave that stood there quipped her intrest and she sprang towards it, stopping outside and listening she heard two voices. One male, the other female. She couldn't catch their presice words and was just about to leave when a dull glow could be seen. It was the deciding factor. She would stay here and wait to find out who they were.

OOC: Yeah, I'm back guys!

Posted

Ooc: Gael needs to poooooooost.

Bic: "You're right, Alabaster. We should be making tracks towards Castletown, but rest is important before we get anywhere within their sight." Teto said clearly though the mask, his expression unseen but plain as daylight. It began to rain lightly. "Best find cover now before it get's worse. The weather doesn't look at all good from here on."

They followed a path around the edge of the cliff, searching for some form of shelter. What they didn't expect was to lay eyes upon a cave housing an odd pair of travellers (and the dog everybody seems to have forgotten). "Aren't they the ones from the village? He's the one who fought against the commander of the Furani, right?" Rain asked. Esme would be the only one there to know though, as the others hadn't attended the battle (how rude of them).

"So they share our goals. I think it would be wise to join with them, wouldn't you? Would make the battle that little bit easier for all of us." Teto asked, looking at the others, Alavasters stared passing him over undetected. "I think we all agree." Teto led off, without so much as waiting for their response. He turned into the cave, Rain followed immediatel after him, confident in Teto's plan.

Posted

Trigger, after the strange episode between both his dark and light selves, heard voices in the distance. Kaylaa didn't have the bow drawn, so that probably meant that the voices belonged to those who were probably against the Furani. It's just as he thought, well, both him and his inner light anyways. He soon saw the figures approach, the same ones that were in the argument in Kakariko. It seemed that their goals linked to both his and Kaylaa's, but remained in the cave, just in case.

Trigger didn't bother to put his hand near his sword hilt, as he probably guessed that they were allies, as well as his inner light telling him of this. The dark man asked his group, "So they share our goals. I think it would be wise to join with them, wouldn't you? Would make the battle that little bit easier for all of us." From what Trigger could tell, the group had no rejections. "I think we all agree." before he knew it, the man turned around and approached the cave, a wolf following close behind.

Trigger had his mind focused on this matter; they had the same goal as him, so why refuse? Besides, it'll give them an even greater advantage as they'll have the bearer of the Triforce of Courage with them, something that could counteract the Triforce of Power. The darkly dressed man approached, however Trigger didn't feel a dark pressence within him, so he probably guessed he can be trusted. The faint glow of the Triforce on the back of his hand continued, as he walked forward towards the man. The two stopped a fair distance from each other, and yet the man noticed the glow on the back of the hand, however he kept those comments to himself.

Trigger was the first to speak, aimed at both the man and the group behind him, "From what I've heard from inside the cave, you wish for us to aid you, correct? And, if it's alright with Kaylaa here," Trigger said, looking back at Kaylaa, before looking at the man, "we accept. I will aid you in anyway I can, whether it being knowledge, or an extra sword or bow to use, I swear on my name as Trigger Bladestorm to help you." The man seemed pleased by this, as he nodded shortly after. Trigger closed his eyes momentarily, listening to the voice of his inner light and being told that he made a correct decision. He soon opened his eyes and waited for an order on what to do now, which could've been from the dark dressed man, as he seemed more leader material than Trigger.

Posted

Alabaster glared at Teto. Of course he was right, he knew that already. He continued to listen silently, though his mood did not improve.

"More.. rain?" Esme sighed, shaking her head. Her hair was already soaked. It clung to her pale face, and it not long held much of any of it original curl.Esme was sick of this. She had found what she wanted, so now, shouldn't she leave? But he see ms odetermined to stop this disaster... Her bright amethyst eyes glanced over to Teto, and her lips cracked into a smile. With that, they followed a path around the edge of the cliff, searching for some form of shelter. What they didn't expect was to lay eyes upon a cave housing an odd pair of travellers. "Aren't they the ones from the village? He's the one who fought against the commander of the Furani, right?" Rain asked looking up at Esme. She simply nodded. She figured it was the same two.

"So they share our goals. I think it would be wise to join with them, wouldn't you? Would make the battle that little bit easier for all of us." Teto asked, looking at the others, Alabasters stared passing him over undetected. "I think we all agree." Teto led off, without so much as waiting for their response. He turned into the cave, Rain followed immediatel after him, confident in Teto's plan.

Esme looked up at Alabaster, who looked down at her. His face stern as the others followed Teto into the cave. "Time isn't on our side..." And with that, he left her side, and walked into the cave. Esme sighed, pushing wet hair out of her eyes, and followed her watcher.

They rejoined the group halfway threw the other man's talk...

"...as Trigger Bladestorm to help you." Teto seemed pleased, and nodded. The man Esme presumed was Trigger, closed his eyes momentarily, he soon opened his eyes and there was silence... Till Esme spoke up.

"So, you're named Trigger?" She wasn't smiling, but insanity still lingered in her eyes. "...I'm Esme." Her mother did teach her to be polite... This thought caused Esme to giggled. She covered her mouth with her hands. She wasn't at Alabaster side anymore, but had taken her stand next to Teto near the front of the group, the expression on her face on of curiousity.

[yay! ]

Posted

At Esme's introduction, Teto looked around at the group, summing up their names to give Trigger. "I'm Teto, this is Rain", indicating as he spoke, "That's Adn." he spoke as Adn walked into the cave, her eyes on Kaylaa. "And this-" Teto began.

"And I'm Alabaster." Alabaster cut in, walking up on the other side of Esme, glaring at Teto. Teto stared back and nodded, seeing this gesture as a sign Alabaster was not at all fond of being associated with him. Teto sighed a little, almost in annoyance, but mostly in disappointment due to the fact that that Alabaster still couldn't trust him.

Rain left them to talk and found a corner of the cave in which to rest. He circled the space a little before deciding it would be a good place to sleep for the night. He lowered his head to his paws and let himself drift off for the first time in God-knows-when.

Posted

Esme hummed softly as Teto introduced the group to Trigger and his friend, but she quickly frowned when Alabaster cut Teto off. Was he really that protective of her? Teto wasn't the bad guy! Her bright eye looked up at him as he took his place at her side. Esme heard Teto sigh, and suddenly she felt angry at her compainion. With a huff, she crossed her arms, her mood had just soured. And wit hthat, she turned and walked over to where Rain had laid down. She say beside him, obviously pouting.

The corner of Alabaster's lips tugged down into a frown as he watched Esme walk from him and Teto. How can she trust that masked man? He grimanced, And prefer him over me? Now her was the anger one, though none of his featured displayed it. He turned his attention back to the other two men. "We need a plan..."

Posted

Rain sensed Esme sit down next to him. He felt a slight warmth and fell asleep, comfortable knowing that she was there, beside him.

Teto watched Esme sit down beside Rain. He shook off the thought of why and looked back at Trigger. "Well if we all have the same goal, we should compare ideas and formulate a plan." Trigger nodded at the idea.

"You're right, we're not going to be able to pull this off on a hope and a prayer. I only barely survived a battle with his subordinate earlier today. Vaati himself is sure to be in a whole other league." Trigger explained. "We can't stop to train though, something's going on and we have to stop it now. Kaylaa and I are preparing ourselves to go, but you can rest if need be."

"Indeed. We shall, I presume. But we can't afford to hang around in this cave for long. I think we should discuss plans on the way to the battle. Planning it here would waste time, I think." Teto stated confidently. Trigger nodded reluctantly, looking down to the hilt of his blade.

((You can take it from there, Dark Fire))