Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think Zelda Wii will be toon styled?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Spirit Tracks is obviously designed in the toon, cel-shaded art style. But do you think the upcoming game for Wii will be as well?

Posted

Well, they hit the money with Wind Waker, while Twilight Princess didn't have the same reaction. Although, it wasn't really the graphics with either, it was the gameplay.

They seem to be on a toon streak, now, though. So, yeah, toon.

Posted

im hoping it wont but facts tell me possibly :unsure:

Posted

Yeah. "The facts".

Anyway, I think yes. And I hope so too, I would like to see Young Link Addict go emo for a while.

Posted

QUOTE (Rain @ Apr 19 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. "The facts".

Anyway, I think yes. And I hope so too, I would like to see Young Link Addict go emo for a while.

I'm not emo. Stop callin me names. :cry:

Also, do I really have to say or is it not obvious? Meh for the heck of it yes. Psych. I choose no of course.

Posted

A little birdy told me it will be the most artistic zelda yet. Not necessarily toon style, but just artistic.

Posted

I don't think so. They're already making Spirit Tracks, plus a Wii-configured version of Wind Waker, and the most recent Zelda game was Phantom Hourglass. All three of these are in the cel-shaded category. I think it's high time for a realistic one. As much as I love the cel-shaded games, my patience is wearing thin. I need a hardcore, epic, realistic Zelda game!

Posted

I like art! :D

Posted

Why do people think this? It's very simple and obvious that the toon games are continuing on the handhelds and only the handhelds. Relax people.

Posted

I think they are going to milk the Wii graphics for everything it's got and take full advantage of that. I think their goal w/ Zelda Wii will be to show what the console can do.

Posted

I'm hoping they don't try to make it super-realistic. It's not meant to be realistic, it's a frickin' video game. I doubt they'll make it cel-shaded, though. I think we'll see an entirely new style for the series.

Posted

QUOTE (Deku_Link @ Apr 19 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do people think this? It's very simple and obvious that the toon games are continuing on the handhelds and only the handhelds. Relax people.

I believe I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion.
Shigeru Miyamoto was stated to have been disappointed with Eiji's transition labors on going back to a realistic style instead of working on new gameplay mechanics.

Also, it's very hard to tell, looking at what information we have. Almost nothing has been stated about the game other than that it's been under development since before Twilight Princess was released. If that's true, it was in work for about a year in 2006, so it would have been worked on for about five years so far. When we take a look back, Twilight Princess was announced at 2003 and released in 2006. They're taking quite awhile, I would say. If we look at Ocarina of Time, it was announced in 1995 and released in 1998. So three years plus however long they were working on it before it was announced. This could be four to five years. But we haven't gotten an announcement yet. Majora's Mask only took about two years because they recycled a lot of the models, but if the models were recycled from Twilight Princess, then it would likewise take less time and maybe, we'd get some information. But Shigeru's lips are sealed by Nintendo at the moment, so it's possible they are close to announcement. Still, I can't shake off the thought. If it were realistically styled, Nintendo would have no problem taking environments and models from previous game, if altered a little. If they made completely new models, then it would take longer.

I'm leaning towards some kind of style change. It may not be toon styled, it may not be realistic. There aren't that many options left, other than combining the two like in Brawl's Toon Link. Which would be cool.
I'm not sure what to choose, though.
Sahaqiel

Posted

im hoping to have maybe a upgrade on the Twilight Princess graphics

Posted

Perhaps a new style? Maybe more of an artistic style like Shadow of the Colossus or Okami?

It would be a bold and, if done right, highly rewarding move.

Posted

Shadow of the Colossus had a vastly epic and mysterious atmosphere. I'd like that.
Sahaqiel