Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Link's Father (In the Games)

96 posts in this topic

Posted

In OoT, the Deku Sprout talked about Link and his mother entering the sacred forest after he saved Saria. It was during a war when the Link and his mother arrived in the forest. And the Deku Tree thought boy as part of a prophesy, blah blah blah.

But, seriously, the major question to me is that, what the heck happened to Link's father? Did he die during the war, did he go into hiding, or... what? I don't have any theories to explain what could've happened to him, but ya.

It's not only just in OoT, but also the other LoZ games that haven't mentioned a word about Link's father at all. In "A Link to the Past", Link was raised by his uncle, as the same in "Minish Cap". In "Wind Waker", he was raised by his grandmother. As for the rest of the LoZ games, Link had to grow up on his own or by someone else I forgot to mention (I haven't played all of them, so ya).

Anyways, my first, and false theory was that Link's father could've been the Poe Collecter in OoT, but after hearing another theory about the Poe Collector (plus the fact that he shows up in MM as well), I've beginning to have second thoughts on that. It would be quite unlikely that Link's father would want to collect poes for a living after retiring from the war, not hearing a word from his only wife or son. If anyone has any theories on what happened to Link's father (the games only, no manga), let me know so I could look into your theories.

Posted

Link's father in Ocarina of Time could quite possibly have been a soldier who died in the war.

The most interesting theory I have for the role of Link's father is the Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess. His last words, "Go and do not falter, my son." Could mean 1 of 2 things.

If taken literally, Link is the son of the Hero. Many speculate that the Hero's Shade is the Link from Ocarina of Time, so that would make OoT's Link TP's Link's daddy. This could further be speculated if Twilight Princess takes place in the OOT->MM side of the timeline. Perhaps after Link returned from Termina he married and had a child. Then was turned into a stalfos for whatever reason. It's just a theory, but it could have very well happened.

If you take his diction "my son" as just a term of endearment and not a literal meaning, then he is quite possibly not his father, just sharing a few sentimental words as his mentor.

Posted

Very true,

in Lttp there is no mention of either parent, but he lives with his 'uncle', who dies right at the begining of the game so may not even be blood related?

Posted

His words were, "Go and do not falter, my child!"

"My child" is certainly less incriminating than, "My son", I'd say. Just my opinion. Honestly, though, his father probably just died in the war.

Also, Link was raised by his grandfather in Minish Cap, apparently.

You got the Smith's Sword! It's a sharp

blade made by your grandfather.

Sahaqiel

Posted

His words were, "Go and do not falter, my child!"

"My child" is certainly less incriminating than, "My son", I'd say. Just my opinion. Honestly, though, his father probably just died in the war.

Also, Link was raised by his grandfather in Minish Cap, apparently.

Sahaqiel

Thanks for the correction. My child is similar, I still stick with the theory.

Posted

Anyways, my first, and false theory was that Link's father could've been the Poe Collecter in OoT, but after hearing another theory about the Poe Collector (plus the fact that he shows up in MM as well), I've beginning to have second thoughts on that. It would be quite unlikely that Link's father would want to collect poes for a living after retiring from the war, not hearing a word from his only wife or son. If anyone has any theories on what happened to Link's father (the games only, no manga), let me know so I could look into your theories.

Bahah, when I first read "only wife", my first thought was, "polygamous Hylians? What?" xD

But seeing that Link is a Hylian, he should have come from some kind of Hylian heritage, assuming that he is full Hylian. Hylians are the "chosen race of the gods." So is Link of a noble bloodline?

Just a thought :)

Posted

He could be the Poe Seller, you never know. Termina and Hyrule are pararell universes, which mean that although they may be connected, the things living in them does not necessirly have to be the same. He could be in hiding, you know, like Isshin Kurosaki (Ichigo's dad) in Bleach? He knew what was happening in Soul Society and also that Ichigo became a Soul Reaper from Urahara. Maybe if the Poe Seller is Link's father, maybe he might get some information about the world from : 1) The Happy Mask Salesman 2)Rauru?

Posted

If that's part of a manga, it's not canon and should be disregarded.

Posted

As like in every movie:

*Link is about to die...*

Ganondorf: Link... I'm your father!

Link: NOOOOO!!!!!

Logically or what?

(Of course, Ganon isn't a Hylian... I know... :) )

Posted

Sahaqiel, you'll feel like a fool when this comes up in Zelda Wii.

Posted

Sahaqiel, you'll feel like a fool when this comes up in Zelda Wii.

I would die laughing, and crying at the same time.

Posted

one problem, Link doesn't talk

Posted

Posted

Link: NOOOOO!!!!!

But Rain, look.