Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Link's Father (In the Games)

96 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, but you gotta reconcile ALttP coming after Twilight Princess. This isn't as easy as it sounds.

Posted

or Shade could be the shadow link from OoT

(just throwing it in)

Posted

I don't know, the Hero's Shade looks more like a dead soldier of some kind. He's probably the Hero of Time.

TP Link's father could be the Post Man for all we know. The only Links who we have any information on concerning parentage is those of ALttP, OoT, and Wind Waker. Minish Cap to some degree, though in all cases we have very little to go on.

Posted

I'm envisioning a picture book about this: Young Link traveling around Hyrule asking various creatures, "Are you my father?"

Lol, are you reffering to the Dr.Suess book where the young bird falls out of his nest and goes around asking things if they are his mother?

Posted

Why yes, Linkprow. I loved that book as a kid, especially when he asks the bulldozer if it's his mother. "Oh! You are not my mother. You are a Snort!"

Yeah, as much as it's fun to come up with theories on timelines, I really think we're elaborating more than Nintendo ever did when writing the stories. they're loosely connected in some ways, but it's not supposed to be made clear.

It is, however, suggested that all the Heroes of Time are related by blood in some way. On the other hand, I think that the Hero is only awakened when evil stalks Hyrule (again).

Posted

Links father is... Rayman!

The shorted story:

Once upon a time Rayman was walking through The Woods of Light with Ly, after a while he found a baby he called him Link. he reached him up and did teach him everything to survive in the woods. Now he could have his own fairy, so as he was old and strong enough, they went to The Fairy Glade, and his elect fairy was named Navi.

As he left the forest and a legend has been born.

Rayman2_map.jpg

The End.

And did ya like?

Posted

I would cry if Tingle was Link's father(Or even related to him)

would this make link a pedophile?

Posted

Yeah, as much as it's fun to come up with theories on timelines, I really think we're elaborating more than Nintendo ever did when writing the stories.

What is wrong with that?

I don't know about Link's father in Wind Waker, but I've concluded that the most likely canidate for his GRANDfather is Lenzo the Pictography Master. He has fond memories of Link's Grandmother, after all...

Posted

Having a thought here... :3

According to TP the Hero's Shade reflects an ancient sword master and I just wondered... In OoT **SPOILER ALERT** the game ends with Link going back in time and leaving the Master Sword in the Temple of Time for good (for now). In the final cut-scene he faces Zelda in her garden.. alright.. so.. The battle against Ganondork in the future would therefore never excist in the "new" past because Ganondorf was defeated in the future (or something) so there should be no more need for the Hero of Time so what is he got a job as a soldier in Hyrule Castle under the command of Princess Zelda (we're still speaking the "new" past then Link leaved the Master Sword and became a child again).. He could've grown up and becoming a great swordsman? Then eventuelly died someday (surprise!) and became some sort of spirit -> Hero's Shade.. He still IS the Hero of Time but a hero should only appear when needed for..

So.. Okay, as I said it's just a thought :3 I don't think that Hero's Shade is Link's father, but Link's spirit from OoT.. Then even if the spirit of The Hero of Time lives in every "Link" of the game serie after OoC ... well that could be the reason why he refferes to him as "child".. ?

EH!? Just making some confusion here XD

Posted

....You spelled the Dark Lord's name wrong...

MAJOR PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ganondorf still went on to cause trouble after the Ocarina of Time, as Twilight Princess shows us. The Hero of Time may well have assisted in these battles, as a soldier fighting for Hyrule. Then again he could have easily gone on to aquire that suit of armor from some other source, and died on an adventure un-tied to Hyrule's own conflicts.

I personally believe that the sound produced by the Howling Stones, which Link can only hear perfectly as a wolf, are what awakened the Hero's Shade. Instead of a spirit that roams about freely, he lives only within the soul of his current incarnation, that of his descendant the Hero of Twilight.

Again, Nintendo leaves us to our own ideas and theories, rather then making anything clear.

Posted

either they want us to think,or they don't expect us to go this far

Posted

Both, probably.

Posted

....You spelled the Dark Lord's name wrong...

MAJOR PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ganondorf still went on to cause trouble after the Ocarina of Time, as Twilight Princess shows us. The Hero of Time may well have assisted in these battles, as a soldier fighting for Hyrule. Then again he could have easily gone on to aquire that suit of armor from some other source, and died on an adventure un-tied to Hyrule's own conflicts.

I personally believe that the sound produced by the Howling Stones, which Link can only hear perfectly as a wolf, are what awakened the Hero's Shade. Instead of a spirit that roams about freely, he lives only within the soul of his current incarnation, that of his descendant the Hero of Twilight.

Again, Nintendo leaves us to our own ideas and theories, rather then making anything clear.

HAHA, yah I agree :3

But I was spelling Ganondorf's name wrong on purpose like GanonDORK..because he's a dork sometimes XDDDD

Posted

Umm Why does he calls himself Shade?

Shade referrs to a slight shadow which is dark

so I think it is some old Dark Link whom made his own identity and (somehow) became good

Mybe I'm just overanlayzing the words

Mybe the Hero Shade will appear in Zelda Wii 2010

Posted

I don't think he ever really refers to himself as anything... Though he does speak of being related to Link, and I don't think any of the Dark Links are able to reproduce.

I hope so. That would be really cool. Maybe they could tell us who he is?