Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Link's Father (In the Games)

96 posts in this topic

Posted

It would be nice if they told us who he is, but I don't think Nintendo has ever explained anything like that in the games.

Posted

I think I would chop off my own arm if tingle was my dad

maury: Tingle.... YOU ARE THE FATHER

crowd: *cheers*

Link's Mom: I told you fool I TOLD YOU NOW GIVE ME MY MONEY

link:(silence) cuts off arm

Ganondorf:*throws chair across room* YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH TINGLE?!?

makes for good daytime TVdizzy.gif

Posted

perhaps,with skin,this time?

Posted

When I was little, I was told that one of the Stalfos from the Forest Temple in OoT was Link's dad... I totally believed it...

Posted

lol,I can imagine you playing like that and killing him.

NO!DAD!I ONLY KNEW YOU FOR A FEW SECONDS!

Posted

I think I would chop off my own arm if tingle was my dad

maury: Tingle.... YOU ARE THE FATHER

crowd: *cheers*

Link's Mom: I told you fool I TOLD YOU NOW GIVE ME MY MONEY

link:(silence) cuts off arm

Ganondorf:*throws chair across room* YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH TINGLE?!?

makes for good daytime TVdizzy.gif

Hahaha or like Star Wars...

Tingle: Link! I AM YOUR FATHER!!!

Link: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Tingle: Yes! And together, we can rule Hyrule forever, with the help of the fairies!

Link: NoOOOOOOOoooOOOOooooooooo...... *throws self off cliff. screaming recedes as he falls*

Tingle: Well, that didnt work out as wel as I'd hoped.

Posted

(Spoiler alert in my theories) It's Nintendo's way of toturing/helping us: having us speculate on theories such as this. The fact is we will never know and they most likely will never bother to think up Link's creation. Warning: I'm about to write a novel.

Poe collector- I just don't see it. Why would the father of the Hero of Time go mad and collect poes forever?

Farore as his mother w/o father- Sounds awesome and fits for a hero, but no proof.

Imaculate conception- Erm, don't see that either. It would have to be the mother knew she would birth the Hero. The Deku Tree Sprout said she went to the Deku Tree for help, so she was in trouble. A mother of a hero would only be in trouble unless they were trying to kill her child, but how would anyone know that that child was the Hero?

Shade- Frick no. There are some good theories supporting so however. First off, "my child" or "my son" is very common sayings in that time period. The way they talk is that of decent, "everyone is family" talk. Just like people would say "Hello, I'm (name), at your service *bow*". That didn't mean that they were their servant, it was curtousy. Shade being OoT Link, I don't see how. If he did turn into a stalfo, well, not likely. He saved Hyrule from ultimate evil, why would he be stupid enough to go wandering in the Lost Woods (which he knew well because otherwise he couldn't get to the Forest Temple) and turned into a stalfo?

Rusl- Nuh-uh. As said before, he has a family and children (remember Uli was pregnant and had her child in the credits ;) ) I don't see them related either because, as said before also, Rusl is human and Link is the only Hylain found within the next two provinces! I think Link and Rusl were close was because no one else in the villiage was mature and wise in swordplay except fro Rusl. Remember, Link had his wooden sword repaired, infering that he practiced with it earlier and it broke. So he must have a liking for weaponry.

Ganon- Funny, but no way possible. As is father, he would have tried to get Link on his side. He didn't try, he just saw a threat and wanted to kill it.

Tingle- Oh Gods no! That is just disturbing fear.gif It's obvious Tingle is of another race and besides, he doesn't even appear in OoT, only MM and WW as far as I know (unless you wanna count Tingle's Rupeeland...*shudder and recoil*)

Soldier- Most likely because when a nation is at war, all able bodily men are sent to war regardless if they are a farmer, merchant, peddler, or a real swordsman. He most likely was a well built man who went off to war and died in battle.

I think I got them all....One thing is for certain: we will never know.

Posted

you forgot Shadow/dark Link

Posted

Oh, why thank you.

Dark Link- He is Link's evil side come to life. Everyone has an evil side (thankfully not everyone's can come alive XD) even our heroic Link. This may be only because of my beliefs, but I shall state it anyway. Dark Link can't go good unless Link went bad. It's the whole balance of the situation, you see? Link needs a dark side; he's no exception to life's standards. So he cannot become good and help him.

Posted

But Dark Link never afically died who knows he could even be imortal

Posted

Very true. Alot of the options are possible. I'm just giving my outlook on it.

Posted

In OoT, Link has a mother that died. I think it also mentioned his father being a knight, and Link having his father's bloodline.

Posted

I'm replaying OoT so I'll letcha know ^_^

Posted

I know! link was made from a computer program before hyrule somehow got sent to the past, that computer somehow came with the hylians, gorons, etc, and link just keeps coming from that!

APRIL FOOLS!!!!

Posted

That is not a very good joke