Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you Z-Target?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

In 3D Zelda games, do you

Hold (Default) - This form of targeting requires you hold down the targeting button to focus on one enemy. Letting go causes you to stop targeting the enemy.

or do you set it to

Toggle - This setting only requires you press the targeting button once, and another time to stop targeting. However, if there are other enemies nearby, pressing it again will cause you to target the nearby enemies.

There is also the option to not Z-Target at all...

Posted

I use both techniques of Z-targeting. I switch between the two depending on the situation or the game. I hold for the most part.
Should I put that in the poll?

Posted

I only hold it. I can't toggle because it screws me up.

Posted

Made it multiple choice.
Also,

QUOTE (Gossip Stones)
They say that players who select
the "HOLD" option for "Z
TARGETING" are the real "Zelda
players!"

Oh ho ho ho.
Actually, multiple choice is a bad idea.
Select whichever you use most.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I find that quite humorous myself. At first I thought you made that up because I said I hold Z. Then I looked it up and found that the one in front of King Zora said it. I had a good laugh after that.

I'm sorry I thought you were saying something about me. I guess I'm going a bit paranoid.

Posted

I've played Twilight Princess the most and I rarely z-targeted as I used the bow for the majority of the game. I rarely used my sward against normal enemies and when I did, I just waved it like a madman, you know?

Posted

Hold. Toggling bugs me. Is it really worth the trouble it causes in exchange for not having to use your poor, tired finger so much?

Posted

holding it provides more freedom and quicker action for releasing it and activating it, so I do it that way

Posted

I use both.

Posted

Whoops, I chose toggle when I meant to put hold. I prefer hold because when there is more than one enemy and you use toggle it's hard to break out of.

Posted

My thoughts exactly, Aethix.
It's like
eff
eff
i wanna get out of here
gosh
can't
deselect
enemy
Sahaqiel

Posted

I only used toggle in MM. I sucked at it, but I learned to use it long enough to beat the game, but I still prefer to hold Z.

Also it was annoying. It's like I had to run away from the enemy just to get off of them.

Posted

i use either but i preffered toggle cuz i have a trick to get out of enemeys that i will not share

Posted

QUOTE (DustyBukkits @ Apr 26 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cuz i have a trick to get out of enemeys that i will not share

'Cause it doesn't exist. ;o
Sahaqiel

Posted

I can't toggle! I have to hold. If you put on the Mask of Truth and read one of those stone things it says, "True fans use hold" or something like that. I didn't know it was called Z-Targeting though. :lol: