Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo DSi order on the rocks

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Today, I opened my new DSi box and all that was in it were a bunch of rocks and a newspaper. FML.

------

A mother bought for her son's 16th birthday a new Nintendo DSi, but when he opened the package, all that was inside were rocks.

"When he opened it, he was pulling the seal off," mother Jodi Wylke said. "My sister-in-law carried a pocked knife and she opened it and that's when he pulled it out and it was a Chinese newspaper and a bunch of rocks."

The Walmart she purchased the DSi, as well as Nintendo themselves, refused to take responsibility and to replace or refund the faulty package. Eventually, the Walmart looked through its sales records and found out that the DSi in question was actually returned. The original customer apparently stole the DSi inside and replaced it with the newspaper and rocks. Walmart then agreed to provide her a new DSi free of charge.

Posted

What a happy ending.

This is most gracious news indeed.

Posted

lol. That's pretty sad.....

Posted

I would be very irritated. Expectaly because I have to save the money myself, and I'd spend $169 on rocks and newspaper.

Anyway glad to hear the guy got his DSi. It was a very happy ending. :)

Posted

Lol id be so ticked if that happened to me. That s why they check to see if te DSI is there! Dumb wal mart.

Glad it was a happy ending!

Posted

A zombie once stole my jacket.

Posted

[quote name='Leon S. Kennedy' post='218303' date='Apr 28 2009, 08:54 PM']A zombie once stole my jacket.[/quote]

You have no idea how much I laughed when I read your post. RE4 much, eh?

Anyways, I'm really glad it got resolved. I'm just ticked that they didn't believe them at first. I'm sure the mother got real p***ed off. Not to mention the son couldn't play his DSi...

Posted

Ouch. xD Well at least they got one free of charge afterwards.

Posted

Lol,

But it is logically they replace it...
I mean come on... the shop is the one who did make a undercover deal to get cheaper DSi's and Sell them as bought from Nintendo to a customer... just to make more money... but they've failed...

:)