Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Link's love interest

25 posts in this topic

Posted

ok i have been looking for Legend of Zelda pictures and noticed, Link and Zelda have been together in a lot of pictures. This is not right and here is my theorie. I thought about the entire timeline and came up with this: Link is not with Zelda. The people who i sorted through were Zelda, Malon, Saria, Ilia, Nabooru, and Navi.

Link:

Zelda

Malon

Saria

Illia

Nabooru

it's obvious Link isn't with Nabooru either so lets scratch that out

Link:

Zelda

Malon

Saria

Illia

ok so lets move on to Malon. We all know Malon likes Link and thinks he is cute, but i don't think Link is interested in her at all. She only is needed twice in the game and none of it shows any interest.There goes Malon

Link:

Zelda

Saria

Ilia

Saria. We know Link likes her and she likes Link. But the events that happen to Saria agree otherwise. Saria is the Forest Sage, so she is whisked off to preotect the temple from people like Ganon, and to keep Ganon trapped in the Temple of Time. So much for Saria.

Link:

Zelda

Ilia

Last two! Zelda next. We all know Zelda, the damsel in distress, could she be Link's love? Don't think so. Link may have saved her life, he may have stopped evil from ruling the land, but have we seen any..."electricity" between them? Nope. Zelda may be princess but Link is not her prince.

Link:

Ilia

Could Ilia be Link's true love? Signs point to yes. She is the only girl Link can really be with. In Twilight Princess she is kidnapped, but Link saves her and restores her memory. After Link saves Zelda and humiliates Ganondorf, he goes back home WITH ILIA! It's obvious they both care about eachother so they are probably together.

anyway that is my theorie, anybody disagree?

Posted

What? Just because Link knew her at the begining of TP doesn't mean they love eachother. I'm pretty sure they're just friends.

Posted

the thing is, nintendo never admits who he is with; they leave the interpretation up to the player and they can decide who they like the most.

also, your forgetting ruto

Posted

And Midna.

Posted (edited)

And the scene at the Maku tree at the end of OoX: Zelda kisses Link and he sways back and forth, hearts, etc.

Besides, most of these Links are different, so it would be pointless to figure out one girl for him. In TP, Ilia may be his match (although I prefer Hena the fishing lady), but OoX, LoZ, AoL, LttP, LA, WW, PH, and FSS is clearly Zelda, and OoT could be Malon or Zelda.

not Saria, Ruto, Medli, or Midna-- they are likely not compatible species.

Edited by Slagr (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Besides, most of these Links are different, so it would be pointless to figure out one girl for him.

Exactly.

Most of the Zelda's are different as well, and in some games (LTTP) Zelda could be Link's sister, while in other games (OOT) Link has nothing to do with Zelda prior to their meeting. (Other than the fact he haunts her dreams, but that's a different story.)

I'm pretty different from Chris. He's big and buff, but I could still take him.

Edited by Leon S. Kennedy (see edit history)

Posted

GUYS!!! You all forgot about the Great Fairy in OoT!!!1!1!!!! >:(

Posted

wtf...

anyway...

at least agree that in any Zelda game, Link and Zelda--Nada!

Posted

wtf...

anyway...

at least agree that in any Zelda game, Link and Zelda--Nada!

Wrong, as said before, Zelda kisses Link at the end of the Oracle games. Also, at the end of Adventure of Link, curtains fall, and it is implied that Zelda and Link kiss. Which is kind of funny considering that Zelda in that game is supposed to be hundreds or thousands of years old.

Posted

You're all idiots. The answer is clear here:

Twinrova.

Posted

lol. We were so blind....

Posted

Indeed you are. I will return someday to shine my wisdom upon you all once more.

Posted

lol

girls kiss guys all the time just as repayment, not signs of affection

and btw Link is prolly with Ilia, have you seen the way he looks at her when she takes Epona to the spring?

Posted

Which Link are we talking about here?

Because I don't think Minish Cap Link would be with Ilia, because, you know, she's not alive.

Posted

Disbeliever. Love is forever.

But in all seriousness, yeah, it would definateky vary by the game. For TP I'd definately say Ilia.