Marijuana is good for you

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Please, don't blindly listen to what the government tell you. Take my word for it, im totally off my face right now and i am fine.

Posted

Of course...

Take some alcohol and this... and you can fly...? :D

Posted

It actually does have some medicinal purposes. It's just too much of it is a bad thing, and people tend to do too much.

Posted

Yeah dude... marijuana is like... far out man.

I ' m h a p p y .

Posted

It's not bad for you, but it's not necessarily good either.

Posted

DUDE...You're heads a clock!!! :wacko:

Posted (edited)

Like anything, it can be used and it can be abused.

Alcohol, caffeine, prescription drugs, antidepressants, ADD drugs, etc. are all commonly abused substances. Like any mind altering substance, constant (ab)use is not advisable.

On the up side, marijuana abuse is not physically harmful and impossible to overdose on. The most dangerous aspect is the risk of lung cancer if your method of intake is smoking it. However, there are ZERO documented cases of marijuana induced lung cancer and some studies have demonstrated that it may even reduce the risk.

It's God's magic plant! hah. Anyways, just don't be an idiot. Pot won't make you go shoot your friend or drive your car off a bridge. That's just the government resorting to blatant lies to instill you with fear. It won't make life perfect either. It amazes me that such a safe, pleasant substance is illegal while the insanely unsafe, toxic drug of alcohol is illegal. Weed also tends to make people relaxed and happy while alcohol often brings out hostility and anger.

I hope if you guys are ever at a party and you are offered the two that you choose the safe one. Be safe, kids! Do some research on various websites. Be sure to look at ones that cite accepted studies and research. Education is important. It's unfortunate that commercials and programs such as D.A.R.E. lie to people and use false information as scare tactics. It really undermines their purpose.

Edited by Dustin (see edit history)

Posted

No lie baby :D

Posted (edited)

But it could hurt the people around the smoker if they were in a situation that could be deadly... like driving....or operating a crane... Otherwise it can be fun...ish.

Edited by Odin (see edit history)

Posted

I agree with Sir josh actually. People are so bias that you can never know who is telling you the correct information. If it really isn't such a bad thing then if it would be possible to switch it with alcohol it would be amazing for the country.

Posted

I agree with Sir josh actually. People are so bias that you can never know who is telling you the correct information. If it really isn't such a bad thing then if it would be possible to switch it with alcohol it would be amazing for the country.

That's not true. People that smoke pot regularly, smoke pot regularly. They are going to know what they are talking about.

Posted

What Dustin said.

I want some, but it is really hard to get some with police for parents.

Seriously, pot helps bring out the creative side in you. I wish I had some, I want to write some poems and songs.

Posted

The smoke smells really nice as well...

I took some at a festival.

Posted

Like anything, it can be used and it can be abused.

Alcohol, caffeine, prescription drugs, antidepressants, ADD drugs, etc. are all commonly abused substances. Like any mind altering substance, constant (ab)use is not advisable.

On the up side, marijuana abuse is not physically harmful and impossible to overdose on. The most dangerous aspect is the risk of lung cancer if your method of intake is smoking it. However, there are ZERO documented cases of marijuana induced lung cancer and some studies have demonstrated that it may even reduce the risk.

It's God's magic plant! hah. Anyways, just don't be an idiot. Pot won't make you go shoot your friend or drive your car off a bridge. That's just the government resorting to blatant lies to instill you with fear. It won't make life perfect either. It amazes me that such a safe, pleasant substance is illegal while the insanely unsafe, toxic drug of alcohol is illegal. Weed also tends to make people relaxed and happy while alcohol often brings out hostility and anger.

I hope if you guys are ever at a party and you are offered the two that you choose the safe one. Be safe, kids! Do some research on various websites. Be sure to look at ones that cite accepted studies and research. Education is important. It's unfortunate that commercials and programs such as D.A.R.E. lie to people and use false information as scare tactics. It really undermines their purpose.

While what you are saying is true, it should be treated with respect. I specifically reference saying that it won't make you drive your car off a bridge. Pot lowers your reaction time, and alters your perception of reality temporarily. This severely inhibits your ability to drive. Any documented cases of this? Yes. I was hit by a high driver so hard it caused me to flip. What was his excuse? He was so high he didn't see the stoplight, or the speed limit sign, he hit me at 70 MPH in a 45 and was laughing as I got stretchered out. He hit me because he was high.

I should also point out that there are NO Tobacco induced cases of lung cancer either, it's the myriad of other chemicals in cigarettes hat make them so dangerous, not the nicotine itself.

Now, I am actually for the legalization of Marijuana, however, I believe it should be controlled. Because, like alcohol, it is actually a depressant, it should be allowed only for those of age (whatever that age is deemed to be, probably 18), and for it to be illegal to work, drive, or operate a vehicle under the influence.

There are benefits, but there are also risks, it should be used wisely.

Posted

I really have no scientific explanations for why it's good or bad. Personally, I don't care. I'm not gonna take it, I've seen what it does to people and I really don't see the point in taking it.

Seriously, pot helps bring out the creative side in you. I wish I had some, I want to write some poems and songs.

I believe that. Definitely. This one time I was in French Class and this girl in front of me needed a pencil, so I gave her one. Turns out she was so high on pot she "creatively" broke the pencil in two because she couldn't seem to remember how to use a pencil sharpener.