Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Oh goody....

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not getting any christmas present this year (not that i deserve any, lol) Well.. Few reasons why... First of all, i havent been going to school lately so my mum thinks that if i don't get any presents this year, it'll teach me a lesson... Well, she's the one going to court, not me. And second of all, she's like all mardy about me not going to school when i'm going to bed far too late, not getting up for school and repeating the same process all the time. I personally think it's stupid but 13 year olds don't know anything.

Posted

[quote name='Sl

Posted

=O I've read a book on everyday law, You'd think i'd know that, wouldn't you? Betty.

Posted

Going to school will benefit you. If you don't, you'll regret it when you grow up.

Posted

.....It is against the law for anyone between the ages of six and sixteen to not attend school. However, there are some exceptions through excused absences, home school, etc. Even if you miss just one class period without an excuse, you are considered truant.

If you miss school a lot (5 days, unexcused) you are considered to be habitually truant. An attendance officer can enforce this law. The officer can give you a ticket requiring you and a parent to appear before an official of the court. If you are habitually truant you could be put on probation, have your driver's license taken away, or have to attend counseling or educational classes. :mellow:

Posted

>> dont think he cares...

Posted

Yeah... But still, I like school ;)