Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask GB

104 posts in this topic

Posted

{Insert banner space here}

Hello, this is Toon Link's Buttered Toast, at your service! I'm currently gathering spriters, coders, and anyone else at could help me do something that was once attempted by a user of some other forums who usually went by Hyrule_Boy. He has given up the project, and I am going to succeed where he was given up. Oh, and almost forgot to mention this - you are helping for no compensation (other than being featured in the credits, of course. [img]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/Mewtwo_girl/OMG.gif[/img] ). Only help me with this if you're feeling nice, bored, or you find your position fun because you will not get anything from me other than a spot (possibly more, depending on how many jobs you helped with) in the credits, and the ability to work on this project. NOTE: You may withdraw from any job at any time. You will be credited for the work you have done to help me. Same goes for joining/rejoining, but I expect you to be able to do what you've been taken into the team to do.

With that said, I should probably explain to you my ideas for the game. Here they are:[list]
[*]I plan to make a four-pane menu, just like in the original Majora's Mask
[*]I hope to be able to make the saving system much better than in the original Majora's Mask (Debatable, as some might call it a "challenge" as opposed to an "annoyance" XD)
[*]I plan to incorporate all of the masks, what Link looks like when wearing them, and their functions when worn, into the game
[*]I plan to incorporate the Ocarina of Time and all the songs into the game
[*]With the above being said, I also plan to incorporate a time system and clock
[*]I plan to scrap the original dungeons for new ones that are compatible with 2D puzzles
[*]I plan to rid the game of the three enchanted arrows, and instead add in the three magic spells from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Debatable, but this idea's origins stem from most of the magic arrow puzzles relying on 3D)
[*]I plan to add in an extra post-game dungeon that is playable with the Fierce Deity Mask
[/list]

Current BSG Productions Team:
Team Leader~~
FierceDeityLink394/Yuna_Rikku_Paine_Fanboy!!
[hr]
Spriters~~
Sahaqiel
Corrupt One
[hr]
Mappers~~
[hr]
Coders~~
Padraig!
Sahaqiel
Aethix (Possibly)
[hr]
MIDI Composers~~
Shadowknight
[hr]
Willing To Help With Most Jobs~~
Silent One
Sevengill

Signatures and Add-Ons~~~
I haven't made any yet. T^T However, once we get more spriters, we'll start to make some.

Position Descriptions~~~
Team Leader: The leader of the project. Will always be me, unless I no longer have the time and hand it off to someone else (whether it be temporary or permanent) or I give up as well. (Hopefully I won't.)

Spriters: These people handle the sprites. They make them when necessary, or sometimes the revamp and recolor sprites from previous games to use. Note that this game will be in GB format, so there will be a lot of revamping/recolouring to do. They will also shade when necessary.

Mappers: These people will work in conjunction with the Spriters. They take the land sprites and map out each and every location. They will also work with me to think up the new replacement dungeons, as well as the all-new post-game dungeon.

Coders: These people get the really fun job. {/sarcasm} They get to put all the game's programming into a gaming language code (In this case, GML for the Game Maker program).

MIDI Composers: These people have the programs that can make the MIDIs of songs that we cannot find on the internet. They obviously have to be good, as I want the music very close to the original. However, due to my dislike of the music tracks for the boss battles, they'll be able to spread their wings with these.

Screenshots~~~
[IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x270/nintendolover500/Codename%20Project%2072/finishedLinkSpritesRedux.png[/IMG]
Thanks to Corrupt One, we've fixed a few saturation problems. Of course, now we have to fix the weapons, which I'm working on now.

[IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x270/nintendolover500/Codename%20Project%2072/MMGBswords-1.png[/IMG]
I've removed the Link sword sprites until I can come up with a better color palette for the weapons that matches Link's. so far, this is what I have.

[IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x270/nintendolover500/Codename%20Project%2072/MajorasMaskGBTitlewithMask-1.png[/IMG]
The currently planned title sprite.

Beta Testers~~~
When we complete a beta version, we'll ask for beta testers, who will recieve a special sig and a copy of the game to download and... well... play. For testing purposes only, of course. ;D Considering this will be needed in the future, I'm making a placeholder now.

Special Thanks~~~
Credit to people who have inadvertently/directly helped me with the production of this game in any way, but aren't considered part of the actual production team.

Tails585 (Spriters Resource) for the basic look/shape of the Legend of Zelda Title
Bruce Juice; Tails585 (Spriters Recource) for the sprites of Link (non-recoloured)

Posted

Cool thing your doing. May I suggest doing a ROM hack? Try using Minish Cap for a base. I can send you a ROM of it if you want.

Posted

I'm not critizing, but why would using Minish Cap as a base help me? I'm trying to preserve the look/feel of the original GBC games. But then again, I think a GBC Rom hack would completely **** up the colors, correct me if I'm wrong, so it sort of makes sense.

As for the ROM Hack thing, I'll relay the suggestion to any coders/programmers that help with the game.

Posted

Link never wears a red, blue, or purple tunic in Majora's Mask.

Posted

oh hai, a well thought out came idea.
You seem relatively intelligent, so I trust you as a team leader.
ok, i'll see how this pans out.
put me down as a programmer.

Posted

@Fierce Muffin (o.O): I know, but I never know if I might need it for something, or if I add the option to choose a tunic color for the heck of it, so I made them. (It only took like 2 minutes to switch the colors anyway XD)

@Padraig!: Awesome. I'm not going to lie to you, I don't have any clue where to start with programming. Is there anything you need from me before you can get started?

Posted

Yes, could you get on hyrule.net/chat ?

Posted

I'll try. I'm on a slow computer, so it might take a while.

Posted

If you know SDL/C++, please join.

Posted

Nice! :)

Good this new MM GB project is started. ^_^ Hope to see more soon!

Maybe make it even portable to Wii/DS?

It is easy... if the game has a public beta / is fished. One of us may can port it. :) (Though we just have Emulators... :P )

Posted

UPDATE:
GM seems to be the most likely candidate after all; more programmers for GML.

Posted

Arghugh.
So much stuff going on.
I'm not a one man army.
Sometimes.
Anyway, I'll join, but the banner thing needs some shading. I could certainly do that. Muffin could, too, and he has more concentration skill than I do.
I'm not proud of it, but I can do stuff in GML.
And I already have an engine basically ready to go, classic GBC style.
Well, almost.
Also, no. If you try to rend MM's mechanics in half with multiple tunics, I will refuse to help.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='221589' date='May 16 2009, 08:19 PM']I'm not a one man army.[/quote]
I beg to differ:

<tRain> SQUAD SEVEN
<tRain> MOVE OUT
* Sahaqiel moves out
<tRain> FALL BACK
* Sahaqiel falls back
<tRain> MOVE IN FOR THE ATTACK
* Sahaqiel moves in for the attack
<tRain> SHOOT
* Sahaqiel shoots
<tRain> DEFEND
* Sahaqiel defends
<tRain> GO
* Sahaqiel goes
<tRain> GO
* Sahaqiel goes
<tRain> GO
* Sahaqiel goes
<tRain> NOW
<tRain> MOVE IN
* Sahaqiel nows
* Sahaqiel moves in
<tRain> EAT THEIR SOULS
<Padraig> Saha
* Sahaqiel eats their souls
<Padraig> [url="http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10993&st=0&gopid=221588&#entry221588"]http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry221588[/url]
<tRain> BE MY doggiepoo
* Sahaqiel threatens to destroy Rain