Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask GB

104 posts in this topic

Posted

No it was more a Example. :)

I found it by a Wii Homebrew Chat. ;)

Posted

Yeah, it ought to be ported as homebrew.

Posted

I was actually thinking about that too. I think a DS homebrew port would be great, and/or maybe a Wii homebrew port. I think it would be absolutely fantastic on whatever system, be it DS, PC, or Wii.

Posted

more like impossible.
DS/Wii don't support SDL.
We'd have to reprogram the whole thing.

Posted

[quote name='shadowknight' post='230571' date='Jun 24 2009, 01:17 AM']I was actually thinking about that too. I think a DS homebrew port would be great, and/or maybe a Wii homebrew port. I think it would be absolutely fantastic on whatever system, be it DS, PC, or Wii.[/quote]
We can also use Emulator's :D
For both PC, Wii, DS.

[quote name='P

Posted

[quote]SDL support on Wii is currently incomplete.[/quote]

Posted

I amy think about the homebrew thing, but I'd rather code this in C++/SDL, so it would have to wait until the WII/DS became compatible with the SDL portion of the programming.

Posted

Well, first we'll make the game, and see what's available after we actually finish it.

I'm working on a little text-based battle engine for an RPG I'm working on as C++ practice. I figure when I finish it, I'll be well-versed enough in the standard C++ libraries to begin working with SDL.

Posted

Well, I'm discovering how evil C++ is with data types. Whenever I divide an interger variable, it automatically shaves off everything right of the decimal point, even if it's part of a larger operation. Now I have to convert every puppying variable to a floating point before I operate on it, which leads to way too many lines of tedious variable manipulation.

/geek rant

Posted

:taco:

lol, I'm sorry it's irritating you.

Posted

Unsigned Long int doubles for the win!

Posted

I finally managed to shorten the code by replacing similar variables with arrays.

I'm starting to discover the values of arrays and classes. To think I used to think object oriented programming was evil. :)

Posted

Ok, so I'm hanging out with my friend today, and we're making music. He is insisting that we make the Kapora Gebora theme first, then we'll move on to MM music. Long story short, I might have something to show tomorrow. Maybe. We both have a tendency to get distracted, so...

Posted

I have been doing GM for 3 years now and know GML back to front! I can easily help with the game coding!
PM me!

:P

[url="http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=537"]http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=537[/url]

93dt