Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask GB

104 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, I've got some basic composing done for Clock Town (Days 1 and 2), though I'm still trying to figure out a good way to do day three. I did the composing in a few hours, though it still needs revision and recording. I've decided that the 16-bit style is what I'm going to do, as it'll fit the style, so all I need to do for recording is go buy the USB keyboard I've been trying to get out and buy for a while now. I'll probably get that this week or in two weeks, and if not then, definitely within a month. So, I can start recording once I have that.

Posted

Okay hit me with what you need coded, I am all setup and ready to go :o)

Posted

[quote name='93dt' post='232663' date='Jul 2 2009, 02:48 AM']Okay hit me with what you need coded, I am all setup and ready to go :o )[/quote]

I've already sent a PM explaining what to do. X3

Posted

hey, can I have one of those too?

Posted

Well, good luck on the project. c:

I have to say, from a objective point of view... I'm not really fond of the title, it looks a bit too flat for me. Of course, it's better than what I could've done. c:

Nnn, most I could do is artwork... :c Which I doubt you'll be really needing... Plus, I'm a rather lazy person. Only reason I mentioned that was because Daniel Barras, someone working on a 2D version of OOT, has someone drawing stuff for it (GBA LTTP styled drawing), I believe... So it would be nice to see this game's art Oracle/GB-ified. Of course, only a small suggestion. c: Good luck with this project.

Oho, would be lovely to see what your Link's Transformation sprites may look like.

Posted

Status Update:

I have a laptop, and I have Adobe Audition. Once August 11 rolls around, I will have a keyboard.

I've continued working on figuring out some of the basic tunes, and I've got the Clock Town songs completely done. Been working on some of the others, but I don't have much of a reference. I'm downloading the soundtrack right now, though, so I'll have my references soon enough.

Posted

[quote name='shadowknight' post='237256' date='Jul 16 2009, 09:30 PM']Status Update:

I have a laptop, and I have Adobe Audition. Once August 11 rolls around, I will have a keyboard.

I've continued working on figuring out some of the basic tunes, and I've got the Clock Town songs completely done. Been working on some of the others, but I don't have much of a reference. I'm downloading the soundtrack right now, though, so I'll have my references soon enough.[/quote]
Send me a couple samples, I'm quite curious to hear them. xD

Posted

This sounds really good... I can't wait to see it.

Posted

While I'm glad you can't wait, I'm also sad that you can't wait, because you're gonna have to. :P

Posted

Sorry for doing this without permission, but I shaded your title, and fixed a few problems with the line art. Also fixed some of the colors with a reference.
[img]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/MMGBTitleShaded-1.png[/img]
Mainly, I was bored, and needed something to sprite... Sorry if I shouldn't have.

Posted

[quote name='Corrupt One' post='240032' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:14 PM']Sorry for doing this without permission, but I shaded your title, and fixed a few problems with the line art. Also fixed some of the colors with a reference.
[img]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/MMGBTitleShaded-1.png[/img]
Mainly, I was bored, and needed something to sprite... Sorry if I shouldn't have.[/quote]Oh I don't mind. Thanks for the help. xD And did you make the A's in "Majora's Mask" an extra pixel wide? The "Majora's Mask" wording looks strangely better than it did before. XD

And just a question - I looked at a pic of Majora's Mask, and I thought the two half-moon portions below the top spikes were a weird yellow color with brown stripes, and yellow triangles below that. But I got that part wrong too. XD o.O *is confused* And you forgot the green thingys shaped kinda like pickles on the sides. like this:
[img]http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/1/16/MajoraMask.png[/img]

Oh, and don't be confused - this [i]is[/i] YRP Fanboy, I just forgot to log out at my dad's house again, so I'm stuck with my alt account. Again. XD

Posted

I don't know why, but your mask just completely threw me for a loop, so I simply applied your changes to the lineart, and shaded my own version of the mask.
[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x270/nintendolover500/Codename%20Project%2072/MajorasMaskshadedpixel.png[/img]

And since I recently changed the game's title ot Majora's Mask RETRO, I had to fix that too. (Yes, it's still kinda lame; the name's not set in stone, though. It's the awesome thing about being the team leader. XD) I shaded [i]that[/i], and this is what it has now become:
[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x270/nintendolover500/Codename%20Project%2072/LoZMMRETROtitleshaded.png[/img]

Posted

Huh. Here's my ref.
[img]http://www.kasuto.net/image/officialart/majora_mask.jpg[/img]
Ah. That's the official art that I used. The in game is different. Anyhow, I didn't really change anything other that, so the text should be fine. The only thing I dislike about your fix of the mask is that the 'pickles' are too sharply contrasting with the rest of the mask, and that the right eye(from our view) is too dark. Oh yeah, and that orange clashes with everything. Too much saturation. Oh well, It's your game. Edit: Get rid of those two stray pixels under the Z.