Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask GB

104 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually when I made that, I just used a guitar tablature program (PowerTab), wrote in the sheet music, and exported it as a MIDI. However I have audacity and garageband if I need to use them.

Posted

Ok, here's what you do. You can use Audacity, but you have to enable VST plugins first. To do this, you put the "Audacitiy VST Enabler" into the plugin folder for Audacity. Here's a link: [url="http://audacityteam.org/vst/"]Audacity VST Enabler[/url]

Then, you add the Basic64 plugin to the plugin folder as well, and it should work.

If you have problems, feel free to ask, as my instructions may be a little off (I use Ableton Suite 8, not Audacity). I'm always willing to provide help.

Posted

I don't think the basic64 is compatible with audacity. I've tried everything -.- So I just downloaded the trial for Ableton Suite 8. Would you mind explaining how to get the plugin to work with this one? :P

Posted

I listened to both files posted by Sevengill - I like the second one's tone much more, but to me it seems like the tempo's a tad slow in comparison to the original score.

Posted

On the left menu bar (the one that starts by opening with the virtual instruments), one of the buttons should look like the male end of a plug. If you click it, the menu changes to say "activate" in a button. Click it, then click on the option to manually specify a plugin folder. Pick the one with Basic64, and it should work.

Posted

Sorry for the double post, but this seems significant enough to warrant it.

My birthday was yesterday, and I received gifts, as is expected. Unfortunately, my mom got her way over my dad and changed the plans. So, not only did my parents not end up getting me a keyboard like they said they would, they also didn't give me any money. Instead, I was given the gift of vehicle insurance (which, might I add, they had said they were going to pay for because they won't let me work to pay for it myself), leaving me in something of a bind.

I do not have enough money to purchase the keyboard, so suddenly I find myself unable to make promises, though I do have something of a plan. I'll get some money from my friends when I have my party, so that will probably bump my current savings up to around $400-450. I can try and get a freelancing job to make up the rest, but if all else fails, I plan to ask my mom for a loan so that I can buy it.

Of course, there is also the worst case scenario, which is that nothing works out and my house burns down, taking my computers with it.

Long story short, I'm doing everything I can to get my keyboard, but I cannot surely say when I'll have it.

Many apologies.

Posted

[quote name='shadowknight' date='12 August 2009 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1250124472' post='246261']
Sorry for the double post, but this seems significant enough to warrant it.

My birthday was yesterday, and I received gifts, as is expected. Unfortunately, my mom got her way over my dad and changed the plans. So, not only did my parents not end up getting me a keyboard like they said they would, they also didn't give me any money. Instead, I was given the gift of vehicle insurance (which, might I add, they had said they were going to pay for because they won't let me work to pay for it myself), leaving me in something of a bind.

I do not have enough money to purchase the keyboard, so suddenly I find myself unable to make promises, though I do have something of a plan. I'll get some money from my friends when I have my party, so that will probably bump my current savings up to around $400-450. I can try and get a freelancing job to make up the rest, but if all else fails, I plan to ask my mom for a loan so that I can buy it.

Of course, there is also the worst case scenario, which is that nothing works out and my house burns down, taking my computers with it.

Long story short, I'm doing everything I can to get my keyboard, but I cannot surely say when I'll have it.

Many apologies.
[/quote]Dude, we're not Microsoft, we don't have a projected end date we absolutely HAVE to meet. ;P It's prefectly fine. Besides, we need more programmers and spriters still before we REALLY get started with this. X3I'm still sorry to hear about that though, as I'm rather anxious to hear your music. X3

Posted

Ok, possible solution. So, I've decided to download REAPER, a fancy audio-editing program with VST capabilities. I installed some chiptune VSTs, so it's possible that I'll be able to have something soon. Note the "possible" and take it with a grain of salt, please.

If you want REAPER, the download is here: http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

For the 8-bit VSTs, here: http://writersblock.newgrounds.com/news/post/57451

After I dabble a bit I'll have an accurate assessment of whether I'll be able to use this or not.

EDIT: The answer is no, I cannot use this. It's just not going to work. I do like the idea of chiptunes, though, so if I don't get my keyboard soon I may get a modchipped NES instead, which would be absolutely fantastic (and less expensive).

Posted

I'm sorry it won't work. D|

Posted

How goes? I 'fixed' up your Link.
[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/finishedLinkSpritesRedux.png[/IMG]
Mostly, I toned down the saturation and made a few color/palette corrections. I think I went a little too TP on it... Y/N?

P.S.- You've forgotten to take off the 'stray' pixels in the title on the first post. Might want to fix that.

Posted

[quote name='Corrupt One' date='13 September 2009 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1252877464' post='253183']
How goes? I 'fixed' up your Link.
[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/finishedLinkSpritesRedux.png[/IMG]
Mostly, I toned down the saturation and made a few color/palette corrections. I think I went a little too TP on it... Y/N?

P.S.- You've forgotten to take off the 'stray' pixels in the title on the first post. Might want to fix that.
[/quote]
It does look a bit too TP, but it's much better than the eye-sore neon green it was before. XDDD I suck with colors, I really need to work on that.

I have, I just haven't updated the photobucket file. |D

Posted

Accidental Double Post.

Posted

I have time on my hands, so spriting is go for now.

Sword Revamp(To match better with recolored link)
[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/MMGBswords-v2.png[/IMG]
Unsure if the fourth sword was supposed to be the Great faeries sword, so I made the fifth in case it isn't.

Posted

Can I give a suggestion?
I think when Link stands normally, he should be like when he was dancing with Din (If you played OoS) with his legs out and hands on his sides, instead of in the front like he is walking (Like in OoS/A)