Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo aims for "wider audience" with Spirit Tracks

54 posts in this topic

Posted

According to Nintendo's latest fiscal report, the company hopes to extend its appeal to a wider audience upon the release of [i]The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks[/i].

"Nintendo is developing software, such as '[i]The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks[/i] (tentative name)' which will appeal to a wider age group of people, and will launch in the latter half of this calendar year," the report stated.

Posted

Boooooooooooooooooo.
This means it's going to be easier >(

Posted

Nintendo in general is already 'appealing to a wider audience...' Can't they at least leave the core franchises alone? I like my Zelda to be considered obscure, nerdy, and difficult by 'normal' people, thank you very much.

Posted

GAWD, it's Twilight Princess all over again!

Posted

My spidy senses are tingling... this bodes ill.

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='220034' date='May 9 2009, 02:08 PM']GAWD, it's Twilight Princess all over again![/quote]
But worse....

I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!
I even said it two or three months ago when this was announced.
Go on. Go check. You all said this would be awesome (or at least most of you)

Either way, I repeat myself on saying this game will be a total bust.

Posted

Oh well, I don't like challenging games that much. I like a game I can enjoy without being overly frustrated from start to finish. This will be right up my street.

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='220034' date='May 9 2009, 03:08 PM']GAWD, it's Twilight Princess all over again![/quote]
What do you mean? TP was a good game. It'll be worse than WW. That's kinda hard to do. :(

I am officialy done with new Zelda games. I'm just done.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='220055' date='May 9 2009, 04:25 PM']It'll be worse than WW. That's kinda hard to do. :([/quote]

Not when Wind Waker is a good game.

Yeah, this is probably going to be another Twilight Princess, only on the other end of the spectrum, the little people.
Gwood, why do they do this.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Tell me. Tell me why TP was a bad game. I don't understand why. It was all in all a good game. You think it's bad because Nintendo said it would be a good game and when you played it you didn't like it. Why?

Posted

TP had multitudes of good ideas that Nintendo wanted to implement, but since they wanted it to be released to appeal to the hardcore gamers who weren't yet fans, they didn't take their time and focused on how it looked cool rather than how much content they could put into the game. Dozens of good ideas were lost, mechanics were thrown away, music became stationary...

In other words, because they wanted it to look cool for the newer generation of hardcore FPS-prostitutes, they fell short of what they told us it would be. It's not a bad game, it's just that Nintendo didn't completely listen to their most loyal consumers.
Which is what they're doing at the moment.
Sahaqiel

Posted

^That's the best analysis of TP I've ever read.

On topic: yes, this has a colossal chance of failure, but so far, the worst (Nintendo) Zelda game has been a game worth playing. Well, in a lot of people's opinions, anyway.

Posted

*groan* Can't Nintendo see that there's an incredibly fine line between everyone liking it and no one liking it. At this stage, more people will play it, but there won't be as good ratings. Eventually it'll get to the point where in trying to make a game everyone will like, they'll create a game no one likes. They just can't make everyone happy.

Zelda Wii better be incredibly hardcore. >:(

Posted

*announcement*

Spirit Tracks is actually Zelda Wii with DS graphics.

Could you imagine the outrage?

Posted

AHH first I can't beat Super Mario Bros, and now your telling me that the Zelda Wii we've been expecting is this piece of s***? THIS IS THE WORST DAY EVER!