Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ap art drawings

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I decided to do my concentration on statues. I started by drawing simplistic statues and grew to ones that are more complex and even the famous ones. It became difficult to find statues that i actually felt a reason to draw. In April 2009, I went to Europe and many different statues and was in awe of all of their beauty. I didn' understand how people just walked by them without even noticing. I had lots of inspiration to draw statues. As a child, I was always fascinated by them, by the size and way they looked. The main inspiration I got for all of these pieces of art was from seeing a lonely angel statue in a graveyard.

In the beginning of my theme I used light pencil shading to show the effect of how sometimes art fades through time. Then I moved on to darker pencils to show that a lot of statues survive through a long period of time and i used dark marks to show that they have also left some marks on people through the ages (see slides 7-9). Throughout my pieces I tried to show that the statues weren

Posted

Those are really good I like the one with the elephants... it's my new wallpaper now.

Posted

WHOANESS. Those are great! :'D

Posted (edited)

sword.jpg

Obviously the best.

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

thank you very much!!!

Posted

*jaw drops*

*picks up her jaw off the floor*

Man, I had trouble just in Art I in high school... o.O Yeah, doing drawings is not something I'm good at... I'm mostly a writer. The swordsman one has to be my favorite.

Posted

Wow, those are awesome. I wish I drew that good. I'm ehh, mediocore, a little below that.

Posted

Superb job i mean WOW they all were great :ohmygod:

Posted

Wow, those are awesome. I wish I drew that good. I'm ehh, mediocore, a little below that.

it takes a lot of partice really i am not that good compaired to the other memebers of my class :embarrassed: if you keep at it you can be even better than this

Posted

Better than I could ever hope to draw, for sure. ;'/