The Guardian Saga: Twilight Falls

64 posts in this topic

Posted

((Ugh... longest and, to me, worst of the chapters... I fail at fight scenes, I really do ;-; But at least I got it out of the way...))

Chapter 28: Hero

The crackling of flame filled the throne room as golden fire engulfed the boarish monstrosity that Ganondorf had become, Link standing before it in his human form once more, Master Sword in hand. He narrowed his eyes as he watched the body slowly burn away, a yelp of pain from behind him drawing his attention now. Glancing back, he saw Danielle collapse to the ground from where she had been pinned against the statue, grimacing and holding her left shoulder, which seemed to be injured, possibly dislocated. Of course, he couldn’t tell too well from where he stood.

Danielle stumbled to her feet a bit ungracefully, coming out from behind the throne with a pained look as she hissed through her clenched teeth. As her blue eyes fell upon the unmoving princess, concern filled her face. “Uh, why won’t she wake up…?

Posted

Chapter 29: The Final Clash

Everything seemed to happen too quickly for the weary and still-dazed Danielle, who finally felt back to normal thanks to Zelda’s efforts. But now, what felt like mere moments after she had awoken, the strange fiery shape with the unmistakable visage of Ganondorf had appeared. Amazing power radiated from that fiery being, filling her with dread even at this distance. That power… was this Ganondorf’s true power finally being revealed to them?

Motion near Midna caught her eye, strange black pieces of a helmet that matched the design of the imp’s headdress floating about her. Link apparently knew exactly what she planned on doing, as he tried to reach for Midna, while it slowly dawned on Danielle just what was going on. Her friend was going to take on Ganondorf by herself. Glancing back with a slight smile, a strange sensation suddenly overcame Danielle, the same feeling from before when she had been warped to the throne room.

“Ah…!

Posted

WOAH!!! Just awesome!! Seriously, I mean it. Great use of descriptiveness (... I think that's a word :/ )

Once again I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Posted

((Hm... Descriptive language is the word you're looking for perhaps...? XD But thanks. And here it is, the last chapter.))

Chapter 30: A Legend Ends

The golden sunset seemed a fitting setting as they stood in the mirror chamber of the Arbiter’s Grounds. It wasn’t too hot thanks to the setting sun, but the heat was a bit unsettling for Danielle, who had never been in the desert before. Her gaze drifted to the Mirror of Twilight, the object that linked the worlds of light and shadow together. Its shards had caused so much trouble around the land, trouble that Link had been forced to remedy during his journey of collecting those fragments. And now, it was about to be used for Midna to return to her own world, the Realm of Twilight.

Danielle stood between the princess and the hero, Midna near the mirror as she glanced back at them. “Well… I guess this is farewell, huh? Light and shadow can’t mix, as we all know. But… never forget that there’s another world bound to this one.