Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Virtual Console Is A Rip-Off!

21 posts in this topic

Posted

You can easily download old games onto your computer free-of-charge, no hassle! But Nintendo think that you are stupid enough to spend money on what most of your computers can ace already? I mean, come on! See, it's not any different on the Wii! You will save money downloading it onto your computer! The enjoyment is just the same, isn't it.... Isn't it?!

Posted

Well Nintendo doesn't think you're stupid for buying their games... because it's illegal to download them to your computer. Nintendo still owns the rights to their own games. Most ROMs are still under copyright and therefore illegal.

Posted

so why even bother to make them when they know people are going to be tempted to download them?

Posted

Who's going to buy old games to play on the Wii? the answer is Simple and its the exact reason im going to end up buying OOT, MM and WW on the Wii.

not for legal reasons. and not because im a 'dedicated fan'.

Have any of you seriously ever tried playing OOT on computer?

I have. and let me tell you, it is a game that NEEDS to be played with a controller. On a keyboard you can only move at 90 or 45 degree angle's. do you know how annoying it is to move around in a place like hyrule field? you gotta zig zag all over it. there is various other problems with keyboards. Most emulators do not allow you to press three or more keys at a time, otherwise it'll overload it and cause the emulator to crash, so they put a safety in, to stop in crashing, but also limiting the number of commands you can give at any one time to three. So, if you're moving diagonally and Z targetting, bingo, thats 3 keys already. try swinging your sword while your doing that? wont work.

and dont get me started on how difficult it is to find a glitch-free N64 emulator that works well with all your N64 roms. Dont even bother looking for a game cube emulator. Try find one.

Posted

I'd never be able to play console games on a computer. :unsure: And I'd probably say that the enjoyment does change. No rumble for N64 games (Sure, it needed a rumble pack, but rumble is just something we all expect from our video games now. Except for if you own a PS3. :lol:). And I always found it hard to play anything on the computer, there are just too many keys to figure out what to press. :unsure: (Something else: It takes much longer to load the computer than it does to turn on a console and press something. :D) Oh yeah, and it's illegal. :mellow:

Posted

The only advantage to playing on an Emulator is the ability to have texture mods, making them hi-res. Other than that playing OoT on an emulator is almost impossible. You can use a game pad, but it's almost impossible to find one with an analogue stick.

The virtual console is a good idea, Cheap games that are actually quite good, and you can use the classic controller, which is designed for games, not general text input.

Posted

ROMS are illegal anyways, and I tried playing OOT on my pc also. Very hard...:

Posted

Whoever said that there are no N64 Emus that are Glitch-Free, you are wrong! Project 64 works quite well (But not so well on Paper Mario, and Mario Tennis, but that's it.... And maybe some ROMs that can't work at all like Indiana Jones and The Infernal Time (I think) Machine) Oh, and you can download plug-ins for more controllers, which will make it just the same. So Virtual Console is a rip-off!

Posted

My cousin bought Legend of Zelda NES for the Wii.

Posted

Whoever said that there are no N64 Emus that are Glitch-Free, you are wrong! Project 64 works quite well (But not so well on Paper Mario, and Mario Tennis, but that's it.... And maybe some ROMs that can't work at all like Indiana Jones and The Infernal Time (I think) Machine) Oh, and you can download plug-ins for more controllers, which will make it just the same. So Virtual Console is a rip-off!

If you'll re-read what i said..

'... dont get me started on how difficult it is to find a glitch-free N64 emulator that works well with all your N64 roms'

Yes, project 64 works perfect on a couple of games, but most of my n64 roms it has problems playing. And this was probably the best N64 emulator i was ever able to find.

I know that at the end of the day, regardless of the cost, I'm going to be alot happier with the game on the Wii rather than the PC.

Posted

I think the fact that it's illegal is the most important part... :rolleyes:

Posted

It doesn't have to always be illegal. If they have permission from Nintendo, or any other company that owns all the rights to the games, then I think that it will be most safe.

Posted

Last time I heard about the technicalities of it:

Its not illegal to download roms if you own the game your getting the rom for.

Its not illegal to download any rom, but if you dont own the rom your downloading you must delete it within 24 hours of aquiring it.*

*this law has probably been changed by now.

Posted

Yeah.... Those rules are confusing :ph34r:

Posted

rules like those are never going to be followed... :rolleyes: