Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metroid Prime Trilogy Compilation Disk to be Released

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Rumours about a compilation of all three Metroid prime games being released as one have been going around for a while now, but it has finally been confirmed that all three games will be released on one compilation disk, with the first two games having their control schemes upgraded to match the slick first person controls of Metroid Prime: Corruption. The four-way multi-player mode from Metroid Prime Echoes also makes a reappearance with the new Wii Control Scheme.

The release date at the moment for the US is the 24th August

Posted

I will most definitely buy this the day it comes out. Wait, maybe not, since I already have Metroid Prime 3. I guess I'll just buy one and two separately for the Wii.

Posted

I'm not sure whether they will actually be releasing them separately in the US now, although this disk is likely to cost the same as a single game anyway.

Posted

I think I'll buy this, mainly because I like the idea of only having to keep up with one disk.

The fact that they can fit all three on one disk poses a question to me.

WTF are they doing making these crappy short games if the disks allow for so much more?

I feel this way about Sony more than Nintendo, since the Blu-ray disks can hold SO much more. But both of the companies need to get it in gear.

Posted

Yeah, it's a little strange. I wouldn't consider the Metroid Prime games short, by any definition of the word...

This is cool. I'll definately get it if and when I get a Wii. (Although I already have Echoes....)

Posted

For one thing, they probably re-use a lot of the models. That allows the three games to fit better. As to why companies don't make games that fill the disk, is that there is only so much content that can be put in. It takes time and money to make games.

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='222718' date='May 22 2009, 11:39 PM']I think I'll buy this, mainly because I like the idea of only having to keep up with one disk.

The fact that they can fit all three on one disk poses a question to me.

WTF are they doing making these crappy short games if the disks allow for so much more?

I feel this way about Sony more than Nintendo, since the Blu-ray disks can hold SO much more. But both of the companies need to get it in gear.[/quote]

Because if they made games twice as long, they'd take almost twice as long to make and people would lose interest while playing through them and not finish them off.

Posted

Not completely true. It all depends on how gripping and good the game is.

Posted

What luck! I like the Metroid series and I never got any of the Primes. So, now I could just possibly buy this to play some Prime.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='222779' date='May 22 2009, 10:12 PM']What luck! I like the Metroid series and I never got any of the Primes. So, now I could just possibly buy this to play some Prime.[/quote]
damn dude you've been missin out hardcore. im most def getting this on release date no questions asked

Posted

I'm not missing out on anything.

For, you see, I can play them right on my computer, but rather play them on the Wii.

That was an unexpected argument from me, I expected myself to use some made up excuse, but that was flawless and I thought of it right when I started to type "you see,".

+1 for me.