Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoboMon!

47 posts in this topic

Posted

[center][size=7]HoboMon![/size]

[size=4]Capture Hobos with cardboard boxes and force Hobos to fight each other to the death with moves such as:
[list]
[*]Cigarette lighter!
[*]Drunken shouting!
[*]Bad tin whistle playing!
[*]Big issue throwing!
[*]Reliefing oneself!
[*]Vomit!
[*]And many, many more!
[/list]

Avoid the deadly Team Police and fight other Hobo trainers like yourself! Heal your injured/dead Hobos at the Soup Kitchen, and enhance their performance by buying drugs from drug dealers!

[size=3]Ok, all jokes aside, I want to build this on a romhack of Sapphire/Ruby and would like help.
I need spriters and coders, and possibly composers.
Thanks![/size]
:D[/size][/center]

Posted

This post can be edited by users like you. Click the button below the Wiki to begin contributing to this Wiki post!

Posted

Sorry, I'm useless for stuff like this. Funny idea, though.

Posted

I like the idea, but I can't help.

Posted

Yeah, I was scared that it might be too offensive...

But, see how simple it is.
Super easy:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iT-kSKpOeA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iT-kSKpOeA...feature=related[/url]

Posted

How many hobos will there be to collect?

Posted

Posted

No, Padraig.

9001 Hobomen.

/meme

Posted

I wish I could help, but I don't want to.

Nah, I used to make ROM hacks of Pokemon, but I can't help you with scripting or spriting. I'm better with all of the auto-hackers, like Advanced Map, Text, stuff like that.

Posted

no sprites?
:<

Posted

I'm workin on it. And the music

[b]Soup Kitchen in C Major[/b]

[attachment=3441:Soup_Kit...Hobomon_.mp3]

Note: I've got no clue how to read/write sheet music, so I will just present this in a way that makes the most sense (To me, at least)

Each note is separated by a comma. If you see several notes together with no comma in between them, that means you play them all at once. The (12) means that the note(s) played in between the (12) and the next comma are an octave higher than The first note played in the song.

Soooo...

C, (12)CEG, E, (12)CEG, G, (12)CEG, E, (12)CEG

Would be a C, then an octave higher, a C chord, then an E in the same octave as the first C, then a C chord an octave higher, then the G then the E again.

Incidentally, my example was how to play the Soup Kitchen song. Just remember, it never ends. =O After the E, it goes back to the C and so on

Padraig! wanted me to send it to him, but I thought it might work better this way.

[b]Magma/Aqua Team Bases Theme in D Minor[/b]

[attachment=3442:Magma_Aq...Hobomon_.mp3]

Transcribed it looks like this:

D, F, A, A#, (12)D, (12)F, (12)A, (12)A#, (12)A, (12)F, (12)D, A#, A, F, D

D, F, A, A#, A, F, D (Do that a couple times, then it starts over again)

Posted

Awesome!
:D

Posted

Liek, dood, I've been learning XSE, or the Extreme Script Editor, and hopefully by the end of my studying I can help out much, much more on this. I can also hook the spriting up with some friends of mine, which shouldn't take too long. I think the guys at PokeCommunity will be excited to hear about this project. So yeah, do you want hobo-fied versions of the original 151 Pokemon (Any more could take months, potentially), or all-new Hobomon? Anything other than advanced scripting, map creation, sprite replacement, and spriting, I should be able to help out with immediately. So yeah, run your ideas by me and I can start straight away.

Posted

[quote name='FreckleFart' post='226428' date='Jun 10 2009, 11:35 AM']Liek, dood, I've been learning XSE, or the Extreme Script Editor, and hopefully by the end of my studying I can help out much, much more on this. I can also hook the spriting up with some friends of mine, which shouldn't take too long. I think the guys at PokeCommunity will be excited to hear about this project. So yeah, do you want hobo-fied versions of the original 151 Pokemon (Any more could take months, potentially), or all-new Hobomon? Anything other than advanced scripting, map creation, sprite replacement, and spriting, I should be able to help out with immediately. So yeah, run your ideas by me and I can start straight away.[/quote]
I told pokecommunity already.
I would like hobofied 151 plox.

Also, hai! You stopped being a douche!
:DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Posted

[quote name='Padraig!' post='226451' date='Jun 11 2009, 01:53 AM']I told pokecommunity already.
I would like hobofied 151 plox.

Also, hai! You stopped being a douche!
:DDDDDDDDDDDDD[/quote]
... I was a douche?
Orite, I just remembered. Hai!

Also, I think it might be easier to hack Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green... Not for any particular reason, but Fire Red is generally the one people use. I also like the tilesets on that one better, if you don't plan to change them.
What's your PokeCommunity username? I'll just be able to keep better track of what you want done, then.
Oh, oh! Also, new maps? Or are we just sticking with the generic Pokemon R/S/FR/LG ones?

We need names for the Pokemon:

001 Boxasaur?
002 Grimysaur?
003 Anus-sore?
004 Charmander
005 Charmeleon
006 Charizard
007 Dirtle?
008 Goretortle?
009 Glasstoys?
010 Splatterpee?
011 Metapod