Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MULTIVERSAL

75 posts in this topic

Posted

hhhhmmmm.... i would if not posting from my Wii... i'll post it tommorrow

Posted

"OK lets just get the food and go alright?" Vadarth said. "Hold on this "Millenal Festival" seems rather joyous." Ryuzki said. "We can't stand around drawing to much attebtion to ourselves, I don't know if you notice but we don't exactly fit in here!" Vadarth said. "What's taking so long guys?" a familiar voice asked. "Herok, where are you?" Vadarth asked. "Right here!" a guy said waving. "It's my holo-camouflage, it alters my outward appearence." "Oh why didn't you use it earlier?" Ryuzki asked. "It has limited battery life, luckly Isokni's powercells are compatible."

"You gentelmen look hungry, please have some food, it's free to celebrate the festival." a vendor said. Vadarth grabbed the bag he was handed. "Thanks guy." he said halfheartedly. Ryuzki ran over. "Guys you have got to see this!"

A crowd had gathered around a strange chamber, there was shock and panic. "A girl just vanished in a portal, it was supposed to teleport her but instead she traveled to a parallel reality, I think we have to help her!" Herok descretly opened his coat allowing SERVO's scan beam to fall on the area. "We can't help her." Herok said. "She's been sucked into a time warp, not a dimensional tear I'm afraid she's on her own." Vadarth walked over. "Well I've got the food, let's go." Vadarth said. "You go ahead, I'll catch you up." Herok said.

"Hey boy!" Herok shouted to a bystander "You know if you had a crystal like her's you could follow her." He added. The young lad, whose name was Chrono ran off to an adventure of his own.

"I though you weren't going to help them yet husband." Inza said. "It was just food dear Inza, I didn't tamper with established events."

Back at the "Bounders" camp, Herok caught up to the group. "Have some chicken Herok!" Elva said handing him a leg. "I've only been gone moments how did you cook this so quick...right magic!" "What of the vanished girl?" Isokni asked. "Some kid named Chrono went after her, with a little encouragement." Vadarth looked up, amazed at the vast blanket of stars. "You don't see stars like that on my Earth, to much pollution in the air!" "Yes on mine as well, light pollution that is!" Herok said. "We've been up for ever, I suggest we get some sleep." Elva said. "I agree, our window isn't scheduled to open for three hours." Herok said. "Elva hold on a minute." Herok said. "Yes what is it?" she asked. "I found this in town, and thought you might like it." He said handing her a crystal pendant. "Oh it's pretty thank you!" Elva said putting it on. "Just get a room already will ya!" Vadarth shouted

Posted (edited)

Perhaps I can join? Please fit me in when and if you can.

Name: Etem (A.K.A) Silent

Species: Appears Human, although he has a dark presence.

Earth designate #: 1313 Occupation: Witcher (Monster/ Demon hunter)

Life Goal: Save as many innocent people as possible, break his curse so he may be redeemed and die.

History: Captain of the guard in his kingdom. Failed to save the girl he loved even though he was warned by one of the gods of his people. Since the girl he didn't save was of great importance to the gods and his kingdom, he was cursed, to roam the worlds, and to kill every evil thing he comes across, until he breaks his curse, and redeems himself he can not die, and he can not speak. The Demon/ God that cursed him gave him an interesting relic, as long as he holds this relic, he may absorb the powers of any evil creature he kills. Some notable monsters / demons he has killed are: Crocotta which gives him the power of telepathy, and also control small amounts of time because of a Reaper, A Werewolf, Vampire, and shape shifter who allowed him to take the form of beasts, A death omen which gave him the power to glimpse ones emotions and peek into their future. Also many more evil creatures none too important.

Remember he is cursed with Silence, and to use his relic, he needs to take evil souls for power. If it has no evil inside it, it's useless.

Also if my character seems too powerful for the story, please tell me, and I will make him weaker, somehow. :embarrassed:

Edited by Silent One (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Perhaps I can join? Please fit me in when and if you can.

Name: Etem (A.K.A) Silent

Species: Appears Human, although he has a dark presence.

Earth designate #: 1313 Occupation: Witcher (Monster/ Demon hunter)

Life Goal: Save as many innocent people as possible, break his curse so he may be redeemed and die.

History: Captain of the guard in his kingdom. Failed to save the girl he loved even though he was warned by one of the gods of his people. Since the girl he didn't save was of great importance to the gods and his kingdom, he was cursed, to roam the worlds, and to kill every evil thing he comes across, until he breaks his curse, and redeems himself he can not die, and he can not speak. The Demon/ God that cursed him gave him an interesting relic, as long as he holds this relic, he may absorb the powers of any evil creature he kills. Some notable monsters / demons he has killed are: A Reaper which gave him the power to take and give life by touch and also control small amounts of time, A Werewolf, Vampire, and shape shifter who allowed him to take the form of beasts, A death omen which gave him the power to glimpse ones emotions and peek into their future. Also many more evil creatures none too important.

Remember he is cursed with Silence, and to use his relic, he needs to take evil souls for power. If it has no evil inside it, it's useless.

Also if my character seems too powerful for the story, please tell me, and I will make him weaker, somehow. :embarrassed:

Oh he's too powerful! Maybe lose the whole "Death Touch" thing, But everything else is cool! And it's gonna be hard to write a mute character in, maybe he knows some kind of sign language, or even better one of the monsters he killed (Crocotta) gave him a telepathic ability. Crocotta is a demon animal that mimics the voice of a deceased loved one, to lure people into the forest where he devours the victims soul.

Edited by The Doctor (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Okay, death touch is gone. And sure telepathy from a Crocatta sounds good.

Ok here is what I came up with to get him into the story.

It's a dark, crisp night in Kemet, a beautiful woman steps on to her balcony, from there she can see the whole kingdom. As she swirls the last few drops of red wine around in her glass, she spots a shadow in the night sky. As she stares at the shadow, it begins to grow bigger and starts to take shape. As she realizes what it is, it's too late, this creature has trapped her for sure, as it closes in, she is about to scream when, Crash! Her wine glass shatters from an unknown projectile. The shadow drops out of the sky onto the road below. She immediately runs down into the street to see if she could find her savior. All she found was a pile of burnt sulfur still smoldering. There was a trail of blood leading from the pile into the ally. She follows the trail of blood to the outskirts of town, there she observes a man clothed in all black, meditating by a fire. As she approaches the fire, he jumps back with a dagger, and sword unsheathed, she says, "Thank you," and then she asks, "are you some kind of monk or ninja, you have the fastest reflexes I have ever seen?" The man just stood there, he said nothing, he then bent down, and took a stick from the fire, with the charcoal end he wrote, "I am no monk, nor am I a ninja, I am merely a man who was in the right place at the right time. Please return to your home, it's dangerous for one such as you to be out here this time of night." She took the stick from him, and as if to mock him she wrote, "But I have you to protect me." In a sarcastic manner.

As the man went to reply, the ground began to shake, and the very air around them started to split. A blue vortex of swirling lights appeared before them the woman asked, " Did you do that?" But the man did not reply, instead he just stared into the vortex. All of the sudden the man pulled out a pendent that had some kind of hieroglyphic symbols, then the woman heard a voice, the voice said, "Do not fear, it is I, Etem, the man you have been communicating with, I can not speak to you in any other manner... Listen carefully, you need to go back to your home, you must not speak of what you have witnessed tonight. I sense a great evil in that vortex, I have sensed the Universe is getting weaker, and I think those responsible for it may be in this vortex, do not follow me, for I may never return from where I shall go." As the man tuned to enter the portal she grabbed his arm, when he turned around she kissed him, then she said, "I will not forget you, thank you and farewell." He jumped into the portal, He awoke under a sea of stars, more stars than he had ever witnessed before.

Posted

"Portal detected sir!" SERVO blurted out distrupting the calm night. "SERVO, not so loud!" Herok whispered. "Activate scope." A screen lifted up from SERVO's body. "It's a natural one that's for sure, about a kilometer away. No since waking the others." Herok stood up and noticed Elva shivering slightly, taking his labcoat off he draped it over her.

"I'm detecting movement ahead sir, someone came through the portal." SERVO said. "They might need help, lets hurry." Herok took off running in the new arrivals direction. Meanwhile Etem had begun to get used to his new surroundings. "Hello there!" he heard from behind him. He turned around and saw a strange lizard man advancing towards him. "I mean you no harm, I am Herok Silick a Saurian from an alternate reality. I suspect that you too are from another world and were beought here by a swirling vortex." The man nodded slightly. "My companions and I are traveling the Multiverse, some force is destroying the whole of reality, and we aim to stop it." Herok looked at him awaiting a response. "I see that none of this shocks you, you must have a high awareness of the universe, a few of my companions do as well." "Yes I have long senced the dangers in the higher universes." Etem said. "Fascinating, I can hear you in my head telepathy perhaps?" Etem nodded. "I have seen the kindness in your heart Herok Silick, you are a rare sight in my eyes a pure soul." Herok smiled. "Thank you, you must meet my friends. Some of them are rough personalities but they have good hearts." Etem noticed a glowing orb floating behind him. "Oh sorry Etem, this is SERVO my helper droid." "Hello sir." SERVO said.

Posted (edited)

This is a quick sketch of Herok Silick and SERVO, I'm trying to decide if he should be barefoot or wear some kind of shoes or boots. I drew a cursory shoe design and next to that a rough look at his foot structure. Input please?

Herok_Silick_prototype.jpg

Posted

Very nice, although when I visualized Silick, i thought he may have sort of a scale Mohawk. Kind of like "This" Only less pronounced, and with the shoes idea, perhaps some type of custom warriors sandal, so he may use his claws if needed. Pehaps ones like "This" only made for support of the 4 toes? And I love SERVO, do I detect a "Flubber" reference? :embarrassed:

Well there's my input, and also do you use Coptic markers,or just permanent/ magic ones?

Posted (edited)

Very nice, although when I visualized Silick, i thought he may have sort of a scale Mohawk. Kind of like "This" Only less pronounced, and with the shoes idea, perhaps some type of custom warriors sandal, so he may use his claws if needed. Pehaps ones like "This" only made for support of the 4 toes? And I love SERVO, do I detect a "Flubber" reference? :embarrassed:

Well there's my input, and also do you use Coptic markers,or just permanent/ magic ones?

Yes SERVO is based on Weebo from "Flubber". Except he is a male personality while Weebo was female. I like the fin idea as well, I'll do a second draft soon. As for the sandal, I'm not sure about that but I'll do a mock-up. I use Sharpies, I'd buy Copic Markers (Dick Blick) it's just that Sharpie is cheaper.

Posted

Nice, I like what you've been doing with Vadarth, but now time to take his characterization to the next level...

Also, I thought Etem could convey his feelings with motions and actions more than words, but oh well. In my opinion, it would make a more emotionally-wrought character and lead to a much deeper story.

Etem walked with Herok and SERVO to the "merry" band sitting/sleeping under the stars under the stars. "Oh, right, I guess we'll have to wait for the morning to introduce you," Herok said, examining everyone's sleeping body. "Well, it seems all of-hey, where did Vadarth go?"

Vadarth walked up a steep nearby path shortly after Herok left. It led to a cliff with one tree, and one apple dangling from it. Vadarth looked up at the apple, 6 feet above his head. He raised his arm and stretched it out, grabbing the apple. It was bright green. Vadarth smiled. "My favorite!" he exclaimed, and took a big bite out of it. Delicious sour juice encompassed the inside of his mouth. Vadarth closed his eyes contently, then sat and leaned back against the tree, looking up at the stars while eating the juicy green apple. Vadarth felt a familiar feeling, but he couldn't remember anything particularly important about this instance, so he ignored the feeling. After 10 minutes of savoring the apple, it was finished. Vadarth eyed the core, then threw it into his mouth, finishing it off too. After what seemed like minutes, but was really 2 and a half hours, he heard footsteps nearby. Vadarth was on his feet like lightning, and facing a boy of age 17, yet he knew this was no boy, just as he himself was not just a boy of 17. "Who are you?" Vadarth asked, tense. Etem looked at him, puzzled. Vadarth heard the voice in his head: "You...you are a strange one. There is darkness, evil within you, yet you fight it, continuously, everyday..." Vadarth was taken aback, then regained his stature and repeated, "Who are you? What do you mean? Tell me!" But Etem seemed lost in his own thought. Vadarth's anger boiled and suddenly spiked, uncontrollably. A tendril shot out and grabbed Etem's arm, ready to rip it off, and then they both froze...

...It was nighttime...the stars were shining brightly in the crystal clear sky...laughter could be heard...Vadarth yipped happily as his father picked him up and swung him around, moving him through the air as if he were an airplane...they rested against a tree in the yard behind his cozy, medium-sized house...green apples...delicious tastes and shouts of joy...Vadarth rested his head against his father's shoulder, yawning contently...looking at a particularly bright star directly above them...leaves shining silver...sleepiness takes hold...darkness...blurs...fast forward...new sky, new stars...a smiling face...

...Vadarth backed off, tendril gone, panting, down on his knees. Etem was also startled, and tripped backwards, falling down. Vadarth murmured to himself, "My...my...father? I-I could never remember...now this is the only memory I have...finally..." Etem looked at Vadarth, ready in case of another attack. Vadarth stood up suddenly and looked at

Etem, locking eyes. "Whoever you are, and whatever you did..." Vadarth started, at a loss for words. Etem spoke into Vadarth's mind, "My name is Etem. I am sorry for what happened, but sometimes my powers activate on their own, as if they have a will of their own. What happened was me glimpsing your emotions, which were hidden deep inside of you, interlocked with some of you memories it seems. You also seemed to have somehow seen what I had seen. I am sorry for whatever pain or confusion I caused you. I am also sorry to say that I cannot help you with your pain, the one of the darkness eating you from the inside. I cannot destroy it without hurting you. This is a battle you will have to face on your own. I am forced, though, to remain by your side, for I am cursed to remove every evil I come across. Your case is special, and so I am stopping myself from destroying it with you, but I cannot leave while this evil remains; the pull of the curse is too strong for that. And so I must accompany you and the group you are traveling with until the evil is destroyed." Vadarth nodded numbly, processing this info. The sun started to peek over the horizon. Vadarth looked at it and wondered, "Did that...vision, take longer than I thought?" Vadarth turned back to look at Etem, but he was gone (back at the village). Vadarth stared ahead, lost in thought. A voice broke through his concentration. "Vadarth! There you are! Come back to camp, we have a new member of our little group!" Herok shouted. Vadarth walked a few steps and saw Herok at the base of the 12 foot high cliff. He beckoned to Herok. "Coming," Vadarth said, and jumped down, making a small dent in the ground where he landed. Herok and Vadarth walked back to camp.

When they arrived back at camp, Vadarth saw Etem surrounded by most of the others, his face hardened, not displaying much (if any) emotion. He locked eyes with Vadarth and said, "Shall we keep this between us?" Vadarth's eyes darted around, looking at everyone. No one appeared to hear what Etem had just said, meaning he spoke just to Vadarth. Vadarth looked back at Etem and thought, "Yes."

Was this how Etem would speak/act? If not, please say so and write what he would have said/done and I'll delete what I wrote for him.

Posted

Here is Herok Silick Two, per Silent One's suggestions.

Herok_Silick_prototype_2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Also, I thought Etem could convey his feelings with motions and actions more than words, but oh well. In my opinion, it would make a more emotionally-wrought character and lead to a much deeper story.

Was this how Etem would speak/act? If not, please say so and write what he would have said/done and I'll delete what I wrote for him.

Vadarth X as well as Doctor, You did an excellent job at capturing Etem, that is exactly how I believe he would act, and yes I agree with you, could we tone it down a little with the telepathy, as I said b4, this power consumes the evil souls that he has gathered as fuel, so he should only use his telepathy in emergencies, and when it is absolutely necessary. You said, "Etem could convey his feelings with motions and actions more than words" I agree with Everything you said in that first quote, so as writers lets try and use his facial expressions and actions to say what he feels, instead of always relying on his telepathy.

Also Doctor, I do like Herok Silick with the fin, but I'm not sure about the sandals, they don't really go with the Doctor feel. So just go with what you like, he's your character after all.

Posted

I don't think anybody else is gonna join, so I'm just gonna get going.

Elva watched as Etem, the Silent Warrior became aquainted with the others. She could see him, the real him locked inside the cursed husk, She looked at Eorzea, who could see it as well. Elva suddenly felt a pressure deep inside, she clutched her hand to her heart. "Elva what's wrong?" Herok asked. "It's my heart, it feels wonderful!" Eorzea was reacting to it as well. "What's happening!" Isokni asked. "It's amazing, an extreme magical force is making it's presence known to us...here it comes!"

The air around them began to swirl, energy crackled from a small point and grew, it at first resembled a portal then took shape appearing as an Ankh. From within a figure emerged, rays of sun glinting off his golden helmet. "I am Doctor Fate, Master of the Mystic Arts!" as the portal closed he landed on the ground. "Hello travelers of the Multiverse." he said. "You know us?" Herok asked. "Yes Herok Silick, I know you as I know you all. I have been following your exploits for some time now." "If you've been following us, why haven't you helped us!" Vadarth asked. "I needed to wait, I have seen the future and the challenges that await you, with Etem your numbers are complete." Elva walked forward. "You know what evil is to befall the Multiverse?" she asked. "Yes, I'm afraid that a being from my reality is responsible for the impending destruction."

"I come from a reality unlike any other, a place where beings of great powers reside. Some fight on the side of Truth and Justice while others seek only death and destruction. Chief among them is Darkseid, an evil tyrant ruler of the planet Apocalypse. Using magics and twisted sciences he seeks that which will unmake reality itself, The Anti-life equation. After millennium of searching he has discovered the hiding place of Anti-life, the sourcewall of Mana, the uniting energy field of all reality."

"So he is responsible for the Mana drain?" Herok asked. "Yes, he's siphoning it off trying to break the sourcewall." Fate said. "But why seek Anti-Life, he's causing the destruction of reality without it!" Elva said "In the beginning there was one universe, it was the will of Oberon the allfather that many realities exist all at once so he fed his lifeblood, Mana into the sourcewall creating the Multiverse, the depletion of Mana will not destroy reality, it will send reality crashing back inwards merging the infinite into one, one that Darkseid will rule over with fear, fear of the Anti-Life." "Merging entire realities will cause panic, panic and destruction like never before, across the galaxy!" Isokni said. "The population of Earth alone will increase exponently!" Herok said. "Cities will merge or be wiped out entirely, humans will suddenly find Saurians, Elves, demons and panic will ensue!" Eorzea said. "My curse demands that this evil be eliminated!" Etem thought. "It will not be easy, Darkseid has many loyal followers, Dessad master of magic, Granny Goodness a psychotic taskmaster, the Female Furies savagely cunning warriors and his endless hordes of Parademons, mindless solders who follow his every whim." Herok looked at the others. "When I started this quest, I didn't know much of anything except for my own reality, in meeting you all I have seen that no matter what reality we come from we have one thing that unites us, our hearts. Hearts that guide and shape who we are. Nobody said it was going to be easy, Now that I know what's at stake I know that backing down is not an option, so what do you say guys are we gonna fight or flee?" "Let's fight!" Vadarth shouted. "Hell Yeah!" Ryuzaki shouted. "I'm with you." Etem thought. "Me too!" Elva said. "As am I." Isokni said. "And I!" Eorzea said. "I'm with you to sir!" said SERVO. "Thank you all, it's time to face Darkseid!" Fate said.

Worlds away Darkseid grinned his red eyes smoldering. "Come face me if you dare fools!"

Posted

Awesome, love the sketch....

Even though i imagined him differently =/

Anyway....

"So how are we supposed to find Darkseid?" asked Isokni "Well" started fate, but then Isokni put up a hand "Hold" he said, looked around.... then he ran off in a random direction.

Isokni was randomly searching Gaurdia when Zik said "Sir? Dont you think we should engage Cloaking?" "Huh?" said Isokni "Yes, its a simple function of Droimex" Said Zik "Oh really? very well, engage" said Isokni. And instantly, Isokni looked like a human.

"What ARE we looking for exactly?" said Zik "a dinosaur" said Isokni "you mean Herok?" asked Zik "no, a regular Dinosaur.... Remember? he came through the wormhole with us?" said Isokni "oh yes, the baby Tyrannosaurid" said Zik "um... sure... we can't have a dino just running around some forsaken universe"

"I see" said Zik "Yes, now can you set upp a scan please?" Asked Isokni "No, i mean i see the dinosaur" said Zik "really? wow..." said Isokni. And over there, for some reason trying to break a rock... with its head...was the baby Dino.

"Come here litt-.... Big guy, time to get back to the group" Said Isokni, but the dinosaur just looked at him. Then it ran over to Isokni, and BOOM a wormhole opened right there.

Posted

"What's Happening!" Elva shouted. Isokni ran over the juvenile Rex following him. "It's Darkseid, he's found us!" Fate shouted. High above them the sky split open as if the atmosphere had been cleaved away, showing the stars beyond it. "He's destroying this reality in an attempt to stop us." Fate shouted. Elva clutched her chest and stumbled back into Heroks arms. "I can feel them, all across the planet people are suffocating, dying!" "it's the vaccume of space, leeching the air out!" Herok shouted. "Why are we alright?" Vadarth asked. "I'm protecting us, but it won't last my powers are weakening." Fate said. "We must leave...NOW!" Etem thought. "Not while this world is dying we need to help!" Ryuzaki said. "I'm afraid it's to late for these people, all we can do is make sure they didn't die in vein." Fate waved his hand and opened -his own portal. "In now, my dimension resides on the other side." Ryuzaki looked back as the land around him was stripped, trees, buildings even people flying wildly into space.

The Outsiders found themselves in a dark space, dark as far as the eye could see. "Illuminate!" as Fate spoke dozens of candles erupted yellow/orange flames. "You've returned husband...What's wrong?" Inza said running over to him. Inza was a tall slender woman, wearing a flattering, white gown. Her long black hair pulled in a ponytail behind her head. "Darkseid destroyed an entire planet to stop us, the fiend!" Fate pulled off his Golden helmet and placed it over a vaguely human head shapped bust. Under the helmet was aman in his early 40's greying short cropped hair and piercing cobalt eyes. "I must meditate Inza, please look after these few, our salvation lies with them!" Fate stumbled away, dragging himself along. "Is he going to be alright?" Eorzea asked. "Yes young one he will be fine, just drained that's all." Isokni tried his best to calm the Rex down, who was smashing into things. "Do something Herok!" Vadarth said. "That's near impossible, it would be as pointless as you trying to calm a rampaging ape!" "Just try man!" Ryuzaki said. "Fine, but ho guarantees." Herok said. Herok cleared his throat and walked over. "Hello my friend." he said slowly. "We..er..um share many simmilar genetic traits, we might even be related...maybe." the Rex moved in close and sniffed him for a minute. "See, friend." he said patting him on the head. The Rex bopped him slightly with his head. "I think he trusts you Herok." Isokni said. "Like he sences a kinship with you." Inza said. "Mozel Tov it's a boy!" Vadarth said chuckling.