Dark Link Strategies

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm playing Ocarina of Time for the first time in....hmmm.....about five years? I'm thoroughly enjoying it, of course, and it's all been very easy so far. The only time I had died was from accidentally drowning myself. But anyway, I made it to the Water Temple, and of course, that means fighting Dark Link.

It had been so long since I had played, I was a little surprised by how difficult it was to land a hit without getting hit myself. The first time I tried, I had very little strategy, and I ended up dead. The second time, I tried backing him into the very corner of the area, so he would be trapped. This worked okay, but I still died.

I finally remembered the way I used to defeat Dark Link. A strategy that actually works. Hack in all different directions, willy-nilly, and he'll do the same thing. Once he's thoroughly confused, shank him. Repeat as needed. And I did fine.

I was wondering what kinds of strategies or tricks you guys always use on Dark Link?

Posted

Din's fire+green potions

Posted

I thought about that....except I haven't actually bothered to go and get Din's Fire yet. All I've got is Farore's Wind, and a fat lot of good that does me.

Posted

Biggoron's sword. He can't block attacks from it as well as he can from the Master Sword.

Posted

Wait intill he attacks block with your shild thin attack him right back.

Posted

Megaton Hammer (if you can) or Biggoron Sword.

Posted

action replay :evil:

Posted (edited)

I usually use Din's Fire until my magic runs out, then continue w/ the little stabs you can do when you press shield while not targeting.

It was pretty hard for me on my first try. xD

Edited by Warhorse (see edit history)

Posted

I tried to hit him with the Megaton Hammer, because somewhere in the back of my mind I remember doig it before. But for some reason, he was able to dodge it every time.

Posted

wow, not that difficult, just don't Z Target him. That way he can't do the attack where he jumps on the Master Sword. You will take some damage, but keep attacking him and maybe have a faerie and you should be okay.

Posted

Yes - use the Megaton Hammer on Dark Link in the Water Temple.

If you use the sword, you'll see some amazing acrobatics on the part of Dark Link.

Posted

Dark link in OOT can be easily taken down with a broken goron's knife. He can't dodge it jump on it, etc.

Posted

Dark link in OOT can be easily taken down with a broken goron's knife. He can't dodge it jump on it, etc.

Really? :huh:

And I thought that the broken Goron's Knife was useless on enemies.

Posted

idk know about u guys but i beat him at his own game

back flip,side step, side step, then b then charged be.

or at low health z plus a then back filp

Posted

...Actually, I never used the hammer against Dark Link. I remember the first fight I had with him was an epic ninja battle of fate and honor.

...Or something to that extent :unsure: . I was slashing, shanking, backflipping, sidestepping, just having an EPIC fight.