Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLAN MERGING. Report by June 6, 2009.

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Clans are kind of dying out. The powers that be have decided to merge clans together for an end result of a total of 3 clans.

Clan members and owners please figure out whose side you want to be on and present your decisions here in the WIKI below. Clans that do not find another clan to merge with within SEVEN (7) days, June 6, 2009, will have all of their posts merged into the PUBLIC clan forums for all to see.

Posted

The Keaton Army - Bright, obviously. (Assuming we are going good, evil, neutral...)

Great Army of Hyrule - We will merge with a 'Good' (Bright side) Army.

The Sinking Goron - (possibility) Goron Merchant is never on, so I, Rain, as co-leader, merge with the Bright Side.

Great Evil Army - ?

The Army of Twilight - ?

Join the chat #Zelda and/or #Clans to discuss!

See you there! :joy:

There only should be 3 Clans out there.
Those will be like:

Hylian, Kokori, Zora , Goron. (Bright side.) (Great Army of Hyrule.) (The Sinking Goron)

Ganon , and all Enemies. (Evil, dark side.) (Great Evil Army.)

Villagers of Hyrule. (Human side.) (Unknown.)

Merged clans:
None yet.

Suggest to merging clan:
The Great Army of Hyrule and The Sinking Goron.
[color="#FF8C00"](Yes, it's me Adr990, and yes, I'm talking to you Rain. :) )
(Twili is not active... :/ Dustin... never posted at the Army forums.. :P So I take the word... :D )[/color]
[color="#00FFFF"](It's me, Rain. So ya. Anyway. Maybe we'll merge, but I'm waiting on other members' opinions first, and hopefully Goron Merchants views.)
(Guest: I see you there. Join the site now!)[/color]
[color="#000000"]Sounds good to me, why not combine both ideas and merge these two clans with one of the Power, Wisdom , Courage titles? - Z[/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]I'm more for the idea of totally restarting the whole thing and having everybody join whatever clan they like, rather than being merged into something they wouldn't.[/color]
[color="#FF8C00"]Ok, I joined too now. It also will make new members and such remember that there are clans. And may old memebers to start to be active?
And all those unactive will be removed. :) A new fear start. I say yes!
But, about that Dustin, Arcticfire, Tappy will be the leader of the clans is a bad idea... I mean...
Every new member will join Dustin his Clan :P haha...
Adr990 (I'm Hollish)[/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]Fair enough. But who will be the clan leaders?[/color]

* Erase all clans and begin anew with Power, Wisdom and Courage. Heads of each clan will be Dustin, Tappy and Arctic Fire maybe?

Petition:
Rain
Padraig
Tappy
ZuZu
Arcanelord
Aethix
Adr990
Umbreon

There Should be four because Twilight Doesn't fit into any of those. Twilight isn't good, evil or human. Twilight is a class all on its own! (written by Prince of Twilight)
[color="#FFA500"]I would imagine the the Twili or Twilight could fit in Wisdom considering their knowledge in their magic and such. (Tappy)[/color]

[quote name='Q&A(Answered by Tappy)'][quote name='Tappy' post='227124' date='Jun 11 2009, 07:04 PM']We are no longer merging clans as there will be technical difficulties but we had a 2nd plan which is to create 3 new clans from the ground up most likely to be known as Power, Wisdom, and Courage. and the current clan forums will become archives and I'm assuming only the current clan members will be able to see it.[/quote]

[quote name='Prince of Twilight' post='227524' date='Jun 12 2009, 03:31 PM']So then all our hard work getting our clans up and making banners becomeing leaders and co-leaders was all for nothing? I do not like this new idea! Power, courage and wisdom I dont like those names at all they are WAY to generic. There is no personality to them at all. I dont understand why we cant just keep the one we have now. If we are not merging then why change it at all? Wouldnt it be more work to change them then to just leave it alone? And who would lead these teams? What happens to currant leaders and co-leaders do we lose everything? Im not happy about this at all! What does the rest of our clan think? We have to voice our opinions (if us members even have a say)! I made a petition in the clans forum under hyrule resistants. Please help save our clan vote to keep old clans.[/quote]

[b]So then all our hard work getting our clans up and making banners becomeing leaders and co-leaders was all for nothing? I do not like this new idea![/b]

This Was not a new idea.

[b]Power, courage and wisdom I dont like those names at all they are WAY to generic. There is no personality to them at all. I don't understand why we cant just keep the one we have now.[/b]

I had said most likely there is always still room for change but I don't think it should be "The Army of Twilight" as the group you are joining. Think of this as your alignment. Now feel free to have a topic inside of the new clan/class/alignment forum to have an "Army" topic that discusses army advancements battles and such. This will be just a cocoon and what is discussed is pretty much endless.

[b]If we are not merging then why change it at all? Wouldn't it be more work to change them then to just leave it alone?[/b]

The clans are dying out and limiting the number of clans/classes/alignments would mean that there would be more people in each group rather that it be spread out and the discussions within the clans/classes/alignments will hopefully be much greater.

[b]What happens to current leaders and co-leaders do we lose everything?[/b]

We might be able to set something up as to who becomes leader of the clans/classes/alignments and the co-leaders. If it's possible to have multiple co-leaders then that is a total possibilty just remember, one leader to rule them all. So in a sense you wouldn't be loosing anything or everything other than your old clan which will be available as a archive to look back on old topics and I wouldn't think these would become viewable by anyone but the members of that clan. Leaders might be discussed with the admins and staff of Hyrule.net and might be based on activity because we certainly wouldn't want an inactive leader would we? Veteran clan leaders I hope will respect the choices that we make if they are not chosen to remain the leader of the clans/classes/alignments and we hope that other members will respect this decision.

[b]I'm not happy about this at all! What does the rest of our clan think? We have to voice our opinions (if us members even have a say)! I made a petition in the clans forum under hyrule resistants. Please help save our clan vote to keep old clans.[/b]

We are doing this for the better of the community. We want members to be able to voice their opinions and that is why we aren't stopping you. As said before limiting the number of clans/classes/alignments would put more members into one area which will hopefully spark more discussions. Let's face the facts the current clans have a great number of members but a lot of them are inactive due to lack of discussions etc etc. We are trying to fix this by doing what we are trying to do and this requires full cooperation of the current clans' leaders and members.

Just because the current clan system will be changed to something that may not seem as an army as some people see it. It does not mean you can't have a spark of secret war talks within the groups! This can spark a huge roleplaying game if you just think and get creative! Ganon's army (Power/Evil) is headed their way to Hyrule Castle prepare the Hylian Soldiers (Courage) for battle!! We need more help call in the sorceresses (Wisdom) <- provide healing powers/potions, power boosters etc, oh and also may serve Ganondorf instead of Hyrule! There is great potential in this.
[/quote]

Petition to leave the Great Evil Army alone:
HylianForrunner
Young Link Addict
Jo-Bengt

Posted

Is there particular names or ideas for the three clans that will be formed? (Like Good, Evil, Neutral.... Courage, Wisdom, Power....)

Posted

those sound good

Posted

I agree...

Hylian, Kokori, Zora , Goron. (Bright side.)

Ganon , and all Ememies. (Evil dark side.)

Villagers of Hyrule. (Human side.)

:rolleyes:

Merge the clans!
3 clans are enough!
I mean... I never did agree really that there where so many clans... :/

- Updated WiKi!

Posted

Evil, Keaton, Sinking goron, and army is perfect.

Posted

Goron Merchant is never on anymore, I don't think, so, as co-leader of the Sinking Goron, I merge with the Bright Side.

Because they have Gorons.

<Padraig> NO
<Padraig> RAYNE
<Rayne> Yes
<Rayne> They have Gorons
<Padraig> seriously
<Padraig> don't
<Rayne> In the Bright Side
<Rayne> Yes
<Rayne> Do
<Padraig> I was the old co leader of the sg.
<Rayne> Not anymore
<Padraig> please, if there's one thing I could request, robbie
<Padraig> it would be, don't merge.
<Padraig> please
<Rayne> We haven't a choice
<Padraig> You have
<Rayne> Nazi Dustin is enforcing this
<Rayne> There's nothing we can do
<Rayne> But
<Rayne> I think all clans should be erased
<Rayne> And we begin anew
<Padraig> Agree
<Padraig> lets create a petition
<Padraig> You make it
<Padraig> I'll sign

Edit the wiki, yo.

Posted

*This user may be reffering to the post directly above* I support.

Posted

I agree with starting anew with Courage, Power, and Wisdom.

First off, there won't be any disagreements about which clans should merge into what. (Sure, they could quit and switch if they didn't support the decision, but they may feel certain patriotism...)

Second, this way it isn't so black and white. They can interpret each clan as they choose, rather than evil, good, and neutral. For example, Power. They may interpret it as lust for strength, or brutal war-faring, or as respecting strength, either physically or spiritually. They could interpret it as living by honor. But no matter how they see it, those who follow place power of some sort higher than wisdom or courage. It's what you think is more important.

Wisdom, of course, would be placing brain over brawn, so to speak. They respect intelligence and application of which. They'd be people who prefer to think about things, and solve problems with their minds, and avoid violence as much as possible.

Courage, would be application of skills and standing up for what you think is right. (One could interpret this as spiritual strength as well.) They'll do what's necessary and not be particular to violence or diplomacy. Sometimes, there needs to be a fight. Sometimes, it's best to avoid bloodshed and keep a cool head.

I think this is a good idea. There's less diversity and pointless bickering (Such as "good sucks!!11!1!!! Evil is teh shiz") and more moral thoughts and conversations. It would be quite interesting, don't you think?

If you agree, there's already a petition in the wiki. ;D

Posted

How about clans (courage, wisdom, power) and clubs (like music composing, speedrunning, spriting, glitching)
People can join more than one club, and there would be no rivalry.

Posted

Clubs are different from clans.

Posted

thats what i said rite?

Posted

I did agree with the Idea. :)

(See Wiki.)

Posted

[font="Times New Roman"][size=3]Same here Mostly because i don't get it. sorry[/size][/font] :embarrassed:

Posted

[quote name='Adr990' post='224114' date='May 31 2009, 08:31 AM']I agree...

Hylian, Kokori, Zora , Goron. (Bright side.)

Ganon , and all Ememies. (Evil dark side.)

Villagers of Hyrule. (Human side.)

:rolleyes:

Merge the clans!
3 clans are enough!
I mean... I never did agree really that there where so many clans... :/

- Updated WiKi![/quote]
So where does the Twilight side come in there should be four because the twilight doesnt belong to any of the ones you all discussed.