Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLAN MERGING. Report by June 6, 2009.

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted some answers to questions that I saw on wiki and receive through Private Messenger. (See Wiki)

Posted

My clan and I have been talking about merging with the Great Army of Hyrule.

Posted

I disagree with the courage, power, wisdom or what ever. I think the merging clans should come up with the names. Also having the mods (tappy, dustin, artic fire) as leaders is another bad idea. Clan leadership is the only responsibility members have, why take that away? I know clan forum popularity isnt what it used to be but to the ones that still use it, it is important. I know that if the clans are done away with im done here because my clan forum is preety much the only reason I still come on. So I think The merging clan leaders and co leaders should come up with their clan names, the leader of the larger of the two clans should be leader and the leader of the smaller should be co leader, the co leaders should then become forum mods. If it goes this way it will be easier and more fair. What do you all think?

Posted

*This user may be reffering to the post directly above*

Having Courage, Wisdom, Power clan names could lead to better competition if the clans are titled in a way where the three clan titles are in a competitive way instead of three clans having names that are kind of just out there.

Among the leadership part. Before this I hardly saw any within the clan forums except the members just posting just like they do on the rest of the forums. There was only 1 or 2 clans that were willing to go to war with another clan but never happened. (Lack of Leadership?) I do plan to set things up for competitions for the clans but it's an ongoing process.

Posted

I never did bother with clans after the Darknut Academy was disbanded. Maybe now it's time for me to join? Hm...

Here's a suggestion: if not the "Power, Wisdom, and Courage" clans, then maybe good, evil, and [i]neutral[/i]. I would like that for I would readily join a neutral clan. In fact, I would love to lead one. But this will probably not be chosen as the system for naming the three clans. Oh well.

Posted

Shouldn't the merging clans have the say on the names? I mean It will be the clans' name shouldn't we be happy with the name? What if two clans both want power or wisdom, what then? I think the names should be original and thought up by the clans themselves.

Posted

That plan is to delete the clans and start anew with those three. If that's what'll happen, members can join which ever they want.

Posted

So, what's going to become of the clans? Tomorrow is the sixth.
Huh, clans must really have gone down in popularity if this topic isn't getting many posts.

Posted

Hm...Very suspicious...I am 100% sure I posted a question here regarding a certain forum, and now it's gone...

Posted

There may actually be a technical limitation to doing a merge as initially discussed.

The other option of making three new clans and letting people join those may work out better due to technical issues.

Posted

If the merge is going to go through The Army of Twilight and The Great Army of Hyrule would like to merge together.

Posted

That is true.
We're currently pitching names to see what works.

Posted

So according to Tappy the merger is off. They want to delete all the clans and start over with power, courage and wisdom. But I ask what happens to currant leaders and co-leaders? Do we loose everything? Do we really want all our hard work recruiting, making banners, starting and continuing topics to just be deleted? Does anyone feel the same as me? Do we really want three new generic sounding clans to join? Wouldnt it be easier to just stay who we are rather than changing? Im going to be making a post for a petition to keep our old clans and change nothing please vote and sign it. And I really hope the mods dont delete it and let the members (who keep this site alive) have a say.

Posted

If anything, I think some of your clan should have top ranks in the new ones. You're the people who actually take this seriously, so you should be recognised for it.

This is all a very sad business, but I guess you'll feel better once it's all up and running again, I'm sure.

Posted

I've updated the wiki with new information and answers to Prince of Twilights concerns. Please take note that I'm answering these from my own fingers and I have not collaborated any of the answers I have posted with dustin or anyone else. This is the way that I see what will happen to the best ability I can.

(I'm referring to the Q&A section (it's a big quote) in the wiki on the first page.)

This might be the last time I will be able to answer questions for two weeks.