Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suicide

132 posts in this topic

Posted

What are you're views on it? Reasons for it? Comments? Stories?

Discuss

Posted

I don't really like the thought of suicide because you have to enjoy life and even if you don't enjoy it that's no real reason to kill yourself.

Now I tried to kill myself because this guy was being a d*** to me all through out 6th, I got sick of him, and tried to choke myself to death. It didn't work. Now people think I'm going to commit suicide. :(

Posted

Suicide is seen as amortal sin, the taking of a life (your own) is still taking a life. In some instances I believe suicide is justified. It's wrong to keep a person alive who is ill and wants to die. I don't like it when these whiny emo teens do it for no reason. There are times when suicide is warrented, not at that time.

Posted (edited)

Ya, apparently I'm suicidal, but I'm on happy pills now, so I don't really remember why I wanted to do it,

but I think suicide is like telling god, "You can't fire me I quit!" Other than that I agree 100% with The Doctor.

Edited by Silent One (see edit history)

Posted

What are you're views on it? Reasons for it? Comments? Stories?

Discuss

Somewhere along the line I was taught that suicide usually falls into two categories - release & statement. Whether its true or not, im not sure, but it sorta makes sense to me.

release : obviously, the person is unhappy and needs a release from their life, this could be cos they are ill and wont recover, like Doc said, or because they are incredibly unhappy with their life and think rather than trying to make it better, suicide might be the better option. these are the generally type of people who kill themselves alone in their room, or disappear somewhere no one will find them and do it.

statement: this is similar but more focused on making a statement about their death, As the media doesn't report suicides, usually these types of people will go somewhere very public like jumping off a city building or hanging themselves in their public park. often attatched to a suicide note or something explaining their reasons, or leaving some sort of last words.

Suicide is a very touchy subject for many, I've known a few people who killed themselves, school friends & family friends alike, some closer than others... its always sad to hear about.

Posted

I agree with Catholic teaching on this subject: it isn't okay to kill yourself or to help anyone else kill themselves, but you don't have to use extraordinary means to keep anyone alive.

My philosophy is that life is short, and then you have all of eternity for death. So there's never any rush.

Posted

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="385">

But in all seriousness, you were given the option to live, but weren't asked if you wanted to take it. I think suicide is a way of saying you want a refund. Nobody took the embryo we were born of, put it in a movie theater, and played everything it would have to deal with from start to finish. For some people, there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. In other words, for some, life just isn't worth living.

Saying "instead of sulking, go out and fix the problem" isn't as easy as you think. For those drug addicts, brokenhearted, mentally scarred, they might never heal. You may sit in your comfy lifestyle at this monitor, worrying about how you're going to continue paying your cable bills, but they might have just had their family die in front of them and have turned to drugs and alcohol to ease their pain, without having anyone to support or care for them, or help them. The desire to live just isn't that strong in some people. They might not have someone to feel sad for them when they're gone.

Although, my suicidal thoughts are mostly curiosity.

If I get really bored I think to myself, "Well, I've never been dead before. It might be interesting."

Obviously, I haven't done anything. ;o

Sahaqiel

Posted

The way I see it, suicide is running away and letting everyone deal with your problems. Only you can never come back.

Posted

Sometimes, you need to know when to run away.

You haven't experienced what certain suicidal people have.

Because if you had, you might not be typing right now.

It's important to be empathetic.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I agree. You need to understand what the person is going through.

And just because something isn't important to one person doesn't mean that other people feel the same way. and vise versa.

I've been suicidal lots of times before. So much that I actually planned it. How, Where, When, and Why.

I had written a note and everything. I even said goodbye to some of my friends and family.

It was really hard saying bye to my little brother knowing I would never see him again. The only reason I'm even still here is because I told my dad I wanted to see a counselor really bad.... He took me that morning... They were going to lock me up in the loony-bin if they had known how far I planned. So I lied and said I didn't.

For those who think that suicide is for stupid emo kids. You don't know what they're going through. They probably suffer from major depression like I do and don't know how to cope. That's not their fault. It's not anybodies fault. It's usually just a cry or help. But once they do it... that's it.

I was actually very suicidal when I made this topic. :D

Posted (edited)

I attepted suicide back in the beginning of 08 it did'nt go well for me.

Were did you think my poem came from.

Edited by The White Rose (see edit history)

Posted

If I were ever faced with the circumstances that may prompt suicide, being the innately happy and optimistic person I am, I'd say to myself the following: "End, or new beginning?"

That's when I sell everything I own and become homeless, moving far away and living life for life. Or I just do my best to do things better without having to sell everything.

Think about it, though. If you killing yourself would make at least one person sad or regretful- if even a single person would be upset that you did away with your life, then you are doing something right. Believe it or not, if one person is sad that you're dead, then there is something about you that makes them happy when you're alive. So you're doing something right.

Posted (edited)

I attepted suicide back in the beginning of 08 it did'nt go well for me.

Were did you think my poem came from.

So... You tried to kill yourself, but it didn't go well.

In my opinion, if suicide didn't go well, that would mean that it worked.

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted

I agree

Posted

Suicide is for the weak.

Hitler is the exception.