Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wii's successor

54 posts in this topic

Posted

No actual facts, just discussion on what might happen after the Wii.

I personally think that it will have another unique controller. But it'll be beyond predictions, nobody was expecting the Wiimote.

Posted

I think it'll be exactly the same, but with upgraded graphics.

Posted

well I think it will again have a near revolutionary remote controller, As nintendo seems to love doing.

better graphics, more hardware is only going to be standard in the next gen of consoles, when it does come out.

Im not really sure what else they can do to improve on it apart from that?

Posted

Bye keeping the controller the same, they will be able to improve the graphics and the console won't cost as much. But the idea of a new controller is interesting. :)

Posted

Keep in mind both N64 & Wii were entirely new controllers, for their time. Though the GC controller was simply an advanced version of the 64 controller. So i think that the next gen of consoles by nintendo will also be a new controller. New controllers are alot of work but are definatly more exciting.

Posted

Bye keeping the controller the same, they will be able to improve the graphics and the console won't cost as much. But the idea of a new controller is interesting. :)

My friend Rob talked about this. He said it would utilize the wii remote, could store Songs, Like an MP3, Hold Videos, Have a built-in Camera, would let you create you own Games, and MORE!

Mindblower eh?/Huh?

He didn't tell me where he got the Info tho....:unsure:

Posted

BRILLIANT IDEA, HERE!! I call it.....the Smellii.

You can smell things that are in the game!! :o

Posted

Just don't make a Tastii that you can taste things in the game!

Oh look, a rock...It tastes like an actual rock!

Oh look, a shoe...It tastes like an actual shoe!

Oh look, dog poop...lets not go there...

Posted

My friend Rob talked about this. He said it would utilize the wii remote, could store Songs, Like an MP3, Hold Videos, Have a built-in Camera, would let you create you own Games, and MORE!

Mindblower eh?/Huh?

He didn't tell me where he got the Info tho....:unsure:

Those are still possible for the Wii. I'd love to see all of those happen... but hopefully by the time the next gen console comes out, I'll be working for Nintendo programming games or perhaps making all the channels that everyone wants.

Posted

Yes, I'm ressurecting my Topic.

Wassupman, your friend seems to be one of those people that pretends to know it all, but doesn't have a clue. Nintendo are only now straying from the "just games" path.

Anyway, I digress. Considering the time frame for development and current technological developments, I reckon that the next-gen Nintendo console will be controlled by thought, reading your brainwaves through a headset, of elegant design, of course.

Posted

If the life span of a new console is usually 5 to 6 years, will Nintendo be able to develope such a compelx technology in that time?

Posted

How about it's...a couch...yeah, a couch....and depending on where and how you sit on it.....the people in the games do different things!!! :o

Posted

But then it wouldn't fit in many houses... :mellow:

Posted

Lupinlink, if you look on Wired you'll see tons of articles about brain-machine interfaces that work NOW. Admittedly, Nintendo would not be developing this technology itself but its use is possible. In 5-7 years time, the technology will be more sound and a real option.

Posted

the controller will still have the same basic design. nintendo has a pattern

NES- new console, new controller

SNES- controller is practically the same, just edited, so lets call that same

N64- Totally new

GCN- again, edited off N64, same.

Wii- Completely new.

think thats a pattern? theres more

Gameboy Pocket- New control layout.

Gameboy Color- same.

GBA- New.

GBASP- same.