Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wii's successor

54 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think the technology will be sufficient to reach proper virtual reality yet, you've got to remember that the main problem currently with virtual reality is that you're going to run into walls and hit things in the room.

The only way to solve this that i can think of would be to redirect your brain signlas straight into the game so they never reach your arms/legs etc.. that way you wouldn't need to worry about being in a small space.

Posted

Yes, but that could be very dangerous, you know, first of all, how do you shut it off? Yeah, you could probably say, "Off." But if the game freezes (I know my GC has frozen before) or if the voice recognition whatchamacallit gets damaged, then what?

Posted

there'd obviously be backup stuff, probabbly most simply if the game doesn't read your motions for a short period of time it'd shut off..

I dunno, there's probabbly some easy way around it, but i see what you mean about the inherant danger, i geuss the only option is to not play any EA games on it :D

Posted

Alas.....

Yet another problem....

MY IDEA:

It has this little virtual reality helmet. You insert the discs through this little thing in the top of the helmet.

It would have motion sensing gloves, for fighting games.

And a little trigger for selecting stuff.

the thing is, It would revolutionise you games.

Say you put in Twilight Princess. YOU WOULD ACTUALLY BE IN THE GAME!1

and you could take a toy sword and sheild, and the gloves would regognize it as a Sword and shield!!!!!

That would be ultimate......:wacko:

That's my thoughts.

Anywho.....

What about you guys?

But what if the game crashes while you're still in it? Your soul would be stuck in fictional character land forever... :wacko:

Keaton: -playing TP on said virtual reality console- YAAAAYAYAYAYYY!!! I'M LINK!!!!!!111!!!1!!2 *glee*

-game crashes-

Keaton in real life: -lifelessly drools on carpet- ...

Posted

Lol.... XD

But if it crashes wouldn't it just stop receiving your brain signals?

Posted

yer, which means they wouldn;t be diverted anymore, so you could just remove the helmet or whatever...

Posted

i don't think this has been posted yet

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayBMe5AvwhI">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayBMe5AvwhI</a>

of course you're always gonnahave the problem of walking into walls, VR will only really work if you have a huge sphere that spins as you walk (staying in the same place) or if it intercepts your brain waves and sends them into the game instead.

why was it a picture of a micro wave there? does your brain get fried?

Posted

Maybe there will be a Wii but the controller has a screen on it

Posted

So basically as if the TV was the top screen of the Nintendo DS? That's silly, but I guess so are motion controls lmao. I think they'll see that the Wii is a failed experiment and go back to good old fashioned games consoles. People just aren't buying into motion controls. I say plain old controllers are the way to play games, and the world agrees with me. Nobody wants these new technologies.