Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

hard to keep weight off

33 posts in this topic

Posted

dont you people agree [older members especially] agree that its hard to keep off the weight? I mean, you absolutely HAVE to lose those 5 pounds before [insert important date here] and you end up gaining 10 more pounds for some odd reason?

I find extremely annoying and depressing. I watch what I eat, I try to avoid foods like chocolate or junk food because let's face it, ladies, it goes straight to our freakin' hips!! :cry:

to our younger members, I wouldn't worry about your weight unless your doctor says you should watch what you eat, diets are NOT the answer, believe me. look it up on google, you could end up so thin you could end up in a hospital or worse. This is called anorexic.

I'll admit, I used to weigh 190 at 5 foot something (5"3? 5"4? dont know, havent checked to see how tall I am in a extremely long time) but now I am down to 185ish (I blame it on the scale) but I am quite pleased with myself :D

yes, call me fat. I'll admit it, I hated my body. I hate how they use skinny models that look like toothpicks as examples nowadays "you have to be as skinny as her to be beautiful!" or "if you go on this diet, you'll be this tiny and sick" etc. ugh

im done X3

talk X33333

Posted

True, everytime I lose weight I gain it back plus some for different reasons

Posted

Me when i started here on hyrule.net back in October i weighed 297 lbs now i weigh 230 lbs my secret is stress.

Works like a charm.

Posted

Cool, perhaps I will try it out. :)

Posted

For me it is difficult to change my weight anyway, if i am overweight if it is difficult for me to lose weight, and difficult to gain weight if I am thin. I am now at an average weight with a rough BMI of 27.

Though if I was really trying to lose weight I would focus on eating less & eating healthier. There are plenty of veggies and fruits that are filling & tasty.

Posted

Dieting and anorexia are different things. Crash dieting is bad, but regular dieting (so many servings of grains, fruits, vegetables, proteins, etc.) will help you lose weight.

I might need to try that sometime... >_>

Dieting and anorexia are different things. Crash dieting is bad, but regular dieting (so many servings of grains, fruits, vegetables, proteins, etc.) will help you lose weight.

I might need to try that sometime... >_>

Posted

I have a cousin who's toothpick-skinny no matter what or how much she eats.

Posted

I have a friend like that.

Posted

^^ I'm kind of like that. I never change weight, no matter how little or how much I eat. I'm not terribly thin, but I'm not fat. I'm just right. :D

Posted (edited)

I have a BMI of 30 something. WiiFit says I'm right in the middle of the perfect weight or something like that. 101kilograms, 5ft 7. I stay just as skinny looking no matter my weight though.

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted

i dont know how much i weigh but but under my thick layer of bulk i have a solid wall of muscle :strong:

Posted

I'm like Arcanelord. Can eat like a pig and not gain a single pound.

Posted

Curse you thin, healthy people. We fat people will kill you all when we take over the world.

Posted

:3333

I'm no straw-man myself!

I mean, seriously. I'm not what you'd call a "sporty" kid, unless I was in America.

Oh well, I've come to live with the fact. But the funny thing is, I really AM big-boned. And muscle actually weighs more than fat, so, yeah.

The good thing is, it's Winter over here, and your body uses up more fat trying to stay warm.

Wait, what I am using a heater for then? I'm going to turn it off right now.

I have a BMI of 30 something. WiiFit says I'm right in the middle of the perfect weight or something like that. 101kilograms, 5ft 7. I stay just as skinny looking no matter my weight though.

*Double posting*

Wait, what? 101 kilograms?

Gawd. I thought I was heavy for my age! I'm pretty tall (no idea how tall though; definitely more than 5ft), and I think I came in at 70-80 kgs last time I checked? Not that I'm saying you're fat or anything, lul, I just thought I needed to watch myself more... And there I am, only a little above average.

Posted

I also tend to lose or gain very little weight. Eat like there's a hole in my neck, actually. Really, sometimes there are strange allergies that you don't know about, such as to gluten (wheat) or dairy products (No, I don't mean lactose intolerant). When you stay off of these for a while, it gets easier to lose weight. It's a little weird. :prop: