Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iwata: HD compatibility for next Nintendo console

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has said that the next Nintendo console will certainly have high definition capability.

------

"If we have an opportunity to make a new console, it will probably support HD because it is now common throughout the world," Iwata said. "However, as far as the Wii is concerned, we have not found a significant reason to make it HD compatible at this time.

He finds that there is no "significant" reason to add HD to the Wii.

"What is the significant meaning to the users? I don't think we should do it unless we find that reason. If we decide for other reasons to make new hardware, then HD is one of the things we would naturally add."

Posted

So the wii is falling behind and people abandoning theirs for HD consoles, the better graphics, and Iwata doesnt see the need to make a HD compatible wii? IF they made it HD, and improved the graphics it sales would sky rocket again.

Posted

Upgrading the wii to HD wouldn't solve any problems. The wii's processor is highly inferior to the other two, and HD would only use more memory of the DVD's tiny availability. The only way to solve the problems that plague the wii is to create a new system, and the wii is selling too well for that to happen.

Posted

Besides, what are they going to do, make a Wii HD with HD being the only new feature and tell everybody who already owns a Wii to fork up $300 bucks to buy the same console you already own, but with HD?

Posted

They should have done more than just that [i]In the first place.[/i]
Wii is a second Gamecube with Internet and a better Menu.

If they gonna put this in games and make a next Wii console I already can guess what it is called:
The Wii 'Lite'
Or, The Wii'i'

:P

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='226136' date='Jun 9 2009, 05:30 AM']Besides, what are they going to do, make a Wii HD with HD being the only new feature and tell everybody who already owns a Wii to fork up $300 bucks to buy the same console you already own, but with HD?[/quote]
That always seems to work for Apple. Why wouldn't it work for Nintendo?

But I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='226272' date='Jun 9 2009, 06:21 PM']That always seems to work for Apple. Why wouldn't it work for Nintendo?

But I'm just playing devil's advocate.[/quote]
Hahahaha, that is TOO true.