Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petition to keep our old clans alive.

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I vote to keep all our hard work! Keep the old Clans!

Posted

[quote name='Tappy' post='227124' date='Jun 11 2009, 07:04 PM']We are no longer merging clans as there will be technical difficulties but we had a 2nd plan which is to create 3 new clans from the ground up most likely to be known as Power, Wisdom, and Courage. and the current clan forums will become archives and I'm assuming only the current clan members will be able to see it.[/quote]

[quote name='Prince of Twilight' post='227524' date='Jun 12 2009, 03:31 PM']So then all our hard work getting our clans up and making banners becomeing leaders and co-leaders was all for nothing? I do not like this new idea! Power, courage and wisdom I dont like those names at all they are WAY to generic. There is no personality to them at all. I dont understand why we cant just keep the one we have now. If we are not merging then why change it at all? Wouldnt it be more work to change them then to just leave it alone? And who would lead these teams? What happens to currant leaders and co-leaders do we lose everything? Im not happy about this at all! What does the rest of our clan think? We have to voice our opinions (if us members even have a say)! I made a petition in the clans forum under hyrule resistants. Please help save our clan vote to keep old clans.[/quote]

[b]So then all our hard work getting our clans up and making banners becomeing leaders and co-leaders was all for nothing? I do not like this new idea![/b]

This Was not a new idea.

[b]Power, courage and wisdom I dont like those names at all they are WAY to generic. There is no personality to them at all. I don't understand why we cant just keep the one we have now.[/b]

I had said most likely there is always still room for change but I don't think it should be "The Army of Twilight" as the group you are joining. Think of this as your alignment. Now feel free to have a topic inside of the new clan/class/alignment forum to have an "Army" topic that discusses army advancements battles and such. This will be just a cocoon and what is discussed is pretty much endless.

[b]If we are not merging then why change it at all? Wouldn't it be more work to change them then to just leave it alone?[/b]

The clans are dying out and limiting the number of clans/classes/alignments would mean that there would be more people in each group rather that it be spread out and the discussions within the clans/classes/alignments will hopefully be much greater.

[b]What happens to current leaders and co-leaders do we lose everything?[/b]

We might be able to set something up as to who becomes leader of the clans/classes/alignments and the co-leaders. If it's possible to have multiple co-leaders then that is a total possibilty just remember, one leader to rule them all. So in a sense you wouldn't be loosing anything or everything other than your old clan which will be available as a archive to look back on old topics and I wouldn't think these would become viewable by anyone but the members of that clan. Leaders might be discussed with the admins and staff of Hyrule.net and might be based on activity because we certainly wouldn't want an inactive leader would we? Veteran clan leaders I hope will respect the choices that we make if they are not chosen to remain the leader of the clans/classes/alignments and we hope that other members will respect this decision.

[b]I'm not happy about this at all! What does the rest of our clan think? We have to voice our opinions (if us members even have a say)! I made a petition in the clans forum under hyrule resistants. Please help save our clan vote to keep old clans.[/b]

We are doing this for the better of the community. We want members to be able to voice their opinions and that is why we aren't stopping you. As said before limiting the number of clans/classes/alignments would put more members into one area which will hopefully spark more discussions. Let's face the facts the current clans have a great number of members but a lot of them are inactive due to lack of discussions etc etc. We are trying to fix this by doing what we are trying to do and this requires full cooperation of the current clans' leaders and members.

Just because the current clan system will be changed to something that may not seem as an army as some people see it. It does not mean you can't have a spark of secret war talks within the groups! This can spark a huge roleplaying game if you just think and get creative! Ganon's army (Power/Evil) is headed their way to Hyrule Castle prepare the Hylian Soldiers (Courage) for battle!! We need more help call in the sorceresses (Wisdom) <- provide healing powers/potions, power boosters etc, oh and also may serve Ganondorf instead of Hyrule! There is great potential in this.

Posted

New clans; New order; New members; New leaders.

Not the old clans; old, uneventful ways; old members and old leaders.

Also, I like how you put in 'generic' to make the other option seem bad.

Posted

Crap. I signed the one petition because I thought it was the only option. I do think that we have put a lot of hard work in old clans, but who am I to chose. As long I'm evil, I don't care.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='227531' date='Jun 12 2009, 04:48 PM']Crap. I signed the one petition because I thought it was the only option. I do think that we have put a lot of hard work in old clans, but who am I to chose. As long I'm evil, I don't care.[/quote]
That is the Hylian way. Keep up the good work.

Posted

There's a petition in the topic where they brought up the idea of new clans. Last time I checked, HylianForrunner was the only name under it. It did say "Leave the Great Evil Army alone," but I'll go change it to "Leave the old armies alone." I'm not part of an army, but I would like for them to stay, anyway.

Posted

[quote name='Jo-Bengt' post='227574' date='Jun 13 2009, 03:23 AM']There's a petition in the topic where they brought up the idea of new clans.[/quote]
That was the point of this topic. I guess it was a bit unfair to sign a petition for new clans when there's no petition against the movement.

A vote really is the fair way, although this poll is worded in such a way to make you want to pick the first option.

It's biased and should be edited.

Posted

I signed it. I went against my first thought, and changed that.

Posted

I guess the old hard work would be better in fact.

If I could change my vote now, I would.

But something would have to be done to make them more active.

Posted

I actually have a better idea, now that I think about it.

We could create petitions to keep different clans the same, and could all sign them. For example, you could have half of the members of the Great Evil Army sign a petition to keep that clan the same and have members of different clans who believe that the clans should be kept the same sign it as well. Therefore, there are more votes to keep the armies the same.

Posted

So you mean the Evil army(ies) would be in Power, Neutral would be in wisdom, and Good would be in Courage?

Posted

Pretty much, yeah.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='227581' date='Jun 12 2009, 09:29 PM']So you mean the Evil army(ies) would be in Power, Neutral would be in wisdom, and Good would be in Courage?[/quote]
Well, theoretically, since Ganondorf333 started the army, [i]yes.[/i] I think it'd be cooler with something like a Hylian Army and a Hyrule Resistance(which is the name of this forum branch, as I like to call them. :( )

Posted

Please read the wiki at the beginning of this thread.

Posted

The people are so spread out in the current clans that no one uses them anymore :cry:

Half the clans havent had a post in MONTHS...