Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hero of Dusk

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I will forewarn that this has cussing and gets pretty graphic at times.

I've been talking about this in Talk on the open floor, and I've finally gotten the prologue down. It feels a tad bit weak, but it's only the beginning, and I'm hoping that the rest won't feel that way to me.

Then again, a lot of things that I make don't live up to my expectations. I think it's better if I let everyone else be the judge of this :unsure: .

Without further ado, here's the prologue.

Prologue

They always said that they found me lying unconscious under a tree in a heavy downpour. Told me that I could barely walk when they took me in, and it took me about a month until I could walk normally. I could never call the blacksmith who took me, Frederick Williams, a liar, but I don't know how it's possible. He's raised me for sixteen years as an apprentice, so I feel like I should believe what he tells me. Not only that, but I can feel it, too. I can feel something terrible happened to me when I was only six years of age. I haven't written in this journal in years. Awhile back, I looked into the sky during twilight and felt peace. Absolute peace. I even felt drawn to it. After that, I put this journal away and it's been my dust catcher ever since. Tomorrow is going to be an extremely busy day in Hyrule Castle Town Market. People are going to come from all over to trade and such. I can't say I hate it. I actually look forward to it. I'm irritated, though. I've been having the same annoying dream for about a month now. Every time I go to sleep, a light starts to fill my dream until I'm blinded. Then I feel an insane heat and pain. It's like I'm walking into the sun. I wake up every morning and I swear I can still feel the pain for a few minutes. I'll have to get over it, though. Tomorrow's a big day for Frederick, just like it is every year.

-Journal entry by Ryan Williams, age 19

Ryan awoke with the same burning, just like every morning. It wasn't right, and he was seriously considering asking Frederick about it, but he couldn't bother the man today of all days. He just sucked it up; after all, it was only for a few minutes. He got out of bed and put on some light brown trousers, a white collared shirt, and a black tunic to wear over the shirt. After washing his face, he grabbed a quick bite for breakfeast and set out for the shop.

All sorts of people lined the streets today. Gorons sold random wares from over the lands. Goron merchants tend to travel, and they tend to keep a lot packed with them. They all seem to be particularly fond of figurines and flags. Some gorons sold potions. Gerudos sold exotic spices and such. About what you'd expect from them. Zoras sold mainly seafood, which is also what you would expect from them. There were lots of Hylians, which was to be expected. They sold just about anything, ranging from junk to food to rarities. When Ryan got to the shop, a humble, yet popular smithy in a packed part of the Market, Frederick was darting all over the place, running a one-man show. Ryan suddenly found himself ashamed to have slept so long and made a dash for the shop.

"You finally pulled away from that pillow, I see," Frederick chuckled.

"You could've woken me up. I wouldn't have minded."

"I thought you would need as much sleep as you could get today. Business is better this year than it normally is. I'll go get some of the merchandise from the loft while you tend to the customers. We'll take turns back and forth."

"Sounds good."

Things went well. They kept on switching places and things kept going at a steady pace. People came and went, buying weapons and armor.

"I like this one," a woman who seemed to be about his age said, pointing at a fine sword. It had a very-well tempered blade with a stylish handguard and hilt. The hilt also had navy blue wrappings on it. Ryan had forged it himself, and was extremely proud of it. He wasn't so sure about selling it to her, though. She was an odd woman, hidden by a cloak. Her face could be seen pretty well, though, but it was also very odd. It was pretty much grey. He couldn't turn her away just because she looked different, though. She was a customer regardless. Besides, she seemed to be a kind woman, and had a familiarity about her.

"That'll be 620 ruppees," Ryan told her. "Hey, do I know you from somewhere?"

"I doubt it, why?"

"You just seem familiar. Sorry."

"That's ok." She smiled and handed him the rupees.

"Thank you very much. Have a nice day."

"I will! Thanks."

And so she left. Ryan had seen all sorts of different people today, but she was certainly the oddest. She was probably just a traveler from another land. The day went on, and so did the customers in what seemed to be an endless cycle.

"Ryan, go get the water barrel from the back and put it in the loft. We'll take it home tonight."

"Alright, I'll be back in a few." He went out the back and behind the smithy, which was out of sight and a good place for deliveries of things like water and food. Ryan and Frederick did this so it was part of their daily routine to take it home. It made things easier. The same woman from earlier came behind him when he was about to pick up a barrel and got him in a choke-hold.

"What the hell are you-"

He felt a needle prick him, and she let him slip to the ground, unconscious. The woman pulled a rolled-up bag out from behind the barrel, unrolled it, and slipped Ryan into it. Holding it up on her left shoulder, she casually walked away.

================================================================================

That's the prologue. I'm still working things out as I go, and I'm going to try to outline things and actually plan them in future chapters.

Sure, I can say that, but I'll probably end up making it up as I go.

Also, be sure to check out the Hero of Dusk catagory in my deviantart gallery.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

Wow, this is amazing dude, one minor thing though, he said that he new something bad happened to him at age 6, then the blacksmith found him and raised him for 16 years, and he's 19? That just kind of confused me could you explain?

Posted (edited)

Wow, this is amazing dude, one minor thing though, he said that he new something bad happened to him at age 6, then the blacksmith found him and raised him for 16 years, and he's 19? That just kind of confused me could you explain?

Yeah my math effed up there for a minute. Allow me to fix.

He's raised me for sixteen thirteen

Now it's better, MUCH BETTER!

...Thanks :embarrassed: .

I'm also working on chapter one, and I think it's coming along pretty well.

I'm finding it extremely hard to write with an ear infection and an empty stomach, though.

Posted (edited)

\/ Ryan Williams. This is what he looks like aside from the cap. Check out more things like this at my deviantart.

Ryan_Williams_by_Jo_Bengt.png

Sorry for the double-post, but last I checked, chapters should be in separate posts.

To me, this chapter really delivered. Acuzio and Olinda make an awesome team.

================================================================

Chapter One: Blockade at Ordon

Ryan's head was spinning when he woke up. He saw a blazing campfire in front of him. Looking up, he thought he saw the woman. She wasn't the same, though. She wasn't wearing the same concealing cloak. She had abandoned it and in it's place wore a short-sleeved black and white open robe with a bright shade of green on the inside. She had the robe's hood down. Her long hair was orange, which didn't help with all the other oddities. It was tied back and he couldn't see the rest of it for her robe. Her complexion was a mixture of ivory and black a very dark grey-almost black. He could see her eyes, too, which were even more odd. They were orange, but her irises were a deep red. Her purple lips curved into a smile.

"You're finally awake," she chuckled.

"Who are you?"

"Olinda. Nice deal with the sword, by the way. I love it."

"I made it myself."

"Good job," she chuckled.

"Why did you take me like this?"

"For plenty of far-fetched reasons that it'll take time for you to even begin to understand with an open mind."

"Wow. Sounds fun. Anyway, if it's going to take time, you might as well open my mind a bit. Where the hell are we?"

"Camped out in a random spot."

"In the middle of the field?"

"Yeeeeess."

"I'm surprised bulblins haven't ripped you apart by now."

She burst into a laugh and looked at him. "They tried, but thanks to this sword that you made, they failed miserably."

"Nice."

"I thought so," she chuckled.

"Anyway, what are you, exactly? What race?"

"Aaah, this is going to take awhile, isn't it? Let's just hope you're more open-minded than the other idiots in Hyrule Market who stared at me like I was a monster."

"Well, you are different."

"Different, yes."

"I don't mind it. I just figured you were a traveler from a distant land."

"That's the polite assumption. Anywho, you asked a question. I am what you call a Twili."

"Sounds familiar somehow."

"That's good. It should."

"Why?"

"It's only natural."

"Really? I guess it was natural for everyone else to not know what you are."

"It was, actually."

"How is that so?"

"Somehow, I doubt you'll believe me when I say it."

"Try me."

Olinda let out an irritated sigh. "Because you are Twili, Acuzio. It's natural for you to recognize your own kind."

"Acuzio?"

"That would be your real name. Then again, you've been raised to believe it's Ryan Williams."

"I just do-"

"Don't believe me?"

"I just don't see why you'd grab me out of anyone, even if I am one of you. And, now that you mention it, I am having a good bit of trouble believing you."

"Acuzio... I wouldn't just pick some person at random and do this to him."

"Somehow I doubt that. Why wouldn't you?"

"Because I need you. You specifically. I need your help."

"In what?"

"...Killing someone."

"What if I refuse?"

"Weeeell," she said, taking the sword and unsheathing it, "I'll have to kill you."

"Yeah right. You just got done saying that you needed me."

"Aah, puppy you, Acuzio," she said, sheathing and laying the sword aside, "You've matured since the age of 6, yet you're still the same!" She yelled, jumping on him.

"What the hell! Get off of me!" He was trying to push her off, but he realized she wasn't attacking him. She was hugging him. The hell?

"It's really good to see you again, Acuzio."

"I'd ask you to stop calling me that, but I kinda like it. It sounds badass."

She chuckled. "Yeah, badass definitely suits you after I just kicked it." She got off of him and sat back down in front of the fire.

"You didn't kick my ass..." Acuzio denied, sitting up.

She laughed again. "You never saw it coming! Don't fool yourself, you just got your ass handed to you."

"Fine, you win."

"Can I trust you with this sword without you running away or trying to hack my arm off?" She asked with a devious smile.

"Hell yes."

She tossed it over, and Acuzio was more than happy to catch it. He'd been praying for the day that he would be able to use it, and if he stayed with Olinda, he might get the chance. He set it down beside him with pride. That was his masterpiece of a sword again.

"Would you mind being doped up on tranquilizer again? I need to get you to sleep."

"I don't like the way you put that..."

"It won't hurt you, don't worry. You won't become addicted to it. If you let me do this, it'll make everything a lot easier. You're obviously not going back to sleep any time soon through natural means, and I need my sleep."

"Scared I'll cut your throat in your sleep, are you?"

"No, I trust you. It's just that it's better when we're both asleep. Makes things faster."

"How so?"

"Look, it'd be boring as hell with you sitting on your ass all night watching me sleep. You gave me your word you wouldn't run away, so that's exactly what you'd be doing. Sitting there. In one spot. For hours.

"Fine, whatever."

She pricked him with a needle, and he felt everything fade out again as he fell back to the ground.

"Come on, stop drooling on the ground and get up," Olinda groaned, kicking Acuzio in the stomach.

"Whatever," Acuzio yawned, slowly getting up.

"That's the way. Get your sword. Strap it on. Let's go."

"In a hurry?"

"I probably should be. Come on. There's work to do. Kids are probably dieing."

"Holy crap, what's going on?"

"There's this village called Ordon in the Southern edge of Hyrule that's being terrorized by bulblins. We're going to go kill those bulblins."

"Sounds good to me," Auzio smirked, strapping the sword to his left shoulder.

"Excellent. Let's go."

They weren't that far. Olinda had camped outside the south entrance to Hyrule Caslte town. All they had to do from here was walk in a straight line.

"We're going to be fighting them from the time we enter the forest to the time we see the swordsmen guarding Ordon. I'm going to love it!"

"Same here."

They walked for awhile, and Acuzio took in the sights. He had only been out in the field connected to Faron once. He liked it. Liked the peace. He also noticed that Olinda's right leg was a greyish white with cyan symbols and markings on the thigh. Her left leg was a greyish shade of black with a thin cyan band around the ankle. Acuzio wondered if those markings were drawn on her, tattooed, or were actually a part of her. She hadn't exaggerated about the bulblins, though. There were bublins guarding the entrance to the forest. She probably wouldn't have literally been far off if she had exaggerated. Good. Acuzio didn't want this fight to just last two seconds. He wanted it to go on, and it looked like the bublins had the numbers to make that happen.

"They've got quite the blockade set up here, don't they?" Acuzio nudged.

"Looks like it."

"Here. Stay back."

"You expect me to let you have all the fun?"

"You can try to take the kills, but I'm going to punch through this line of midgets like a beserk Goron rolling around with spikes coming out of him. Just let me get these first two."

Acuzio sprinted towards the first one, spun around, hand on his sword's hilt, and delivered a devastating slash across it's body, cleaving it in half. The other bulblin had taken notice and swung it's club for Acuzio's head, but he ducked and slammed his elblow into its jaw. then he delivered a powerful kick to its stomach, knocking it to the ground. He didn't give it time to even attempt to get up. He impaled it and saw the life strangle out of the creature.

"Alright, let's do this!" Olinda chirped, appearing at his side. Her fingertips were on fire?!

"What the hell?!"

"What? Oh, the fingertips. It's magic. I'm not that advanced, not nearly as good as a sage is at it, but I'm well-rounded."

"...I see."

"Well, what are we waiting for? Count your kills. We'll compete."

"Prepare to discover what losing feels like."

"I learned that feeling a long time ago, Acuzio. And it was loosing a lot more than a competition. I'll explain later. Get to killing."

"Right."

They charged into the Faron Woods entrance, powering through any that stood in their way. Acuzio noted that Olinda could do more than chuck fire around. She could also use lightning, wind, and apparently water, because she's been using bulblin blood to blind other bulblins.

"That's the way," Olinda encouraged when they got a little break from the fighting. "Kill count?"

"15," Acuzio smirked.

"...16."

"...I freaking hate you sometimes..."

"Sometimes? You've only known me for a day. Come on. Back to killing!"

They came to a clearing. To the left of the clearing was a burnt-down house. A bloodied corpse was nailed to a tree, obviously as a warning.

"I'm going to kill every damn one of them," Acuzio muttered, walking out in front of the slew of bulblins that stood before them. He was immediately under a hail of fire arrows.

"Fuck, Acuzio! Be careful!" Olinda shouted, blocking the arrows with a whirlwind.

"Much appreciated."

"Just be more careful."

Acuzio lunged across the gap between him and the bulblins, slashing and decapitating one of the archers. Killing these archers at close range was a breeze, but more and more club-wielding bulblins kept coming. At least they were more fun than the almost-defenseless archers. Acuzio and Olinda had just about cleared the area when they felt and heard the ground pounding. A huge boar with an equally huge bulblin riding it entered the fray.

"We've got a big one!" Olinda clarified.

"Keep the little ones off me, he's mine!"

She fired a quick jolt at the boar, stunning it for a moment. Acuzio wasted no time in stabbing its throat, causing it to slam into the ground on it's side.

"Much appreciated!" Acuzio called out to Olinda.

"Don't mention it!"

The huge bulblin roared and pulled a huge axe-like hammer off of its back. Acuzio smiled. It gestured to Acuzio to bring it, and he did. He charged, but then broke into a roll right as the bulblin swung it's hammer, just barely rolling under the swing. He thrust his sword into its belly and made an upward-slash, causing blood to spew all over him. The bulblin roared an used the last of its strength to swing again. Acuzio jumped and landed on the hammer, riding it until he got closer. When he did, he jumped and spun in the air, building up a devastating slash that decapitated the beast.

"That would make 31," Acuzio smirked.

Olinda clapped. "That's the way. 30 for me."

"Nice. Let's get a move on."

They moved on, making their way through a cave. Olinda was at the ready every second of that stroll through the cave. It was dark and perfect for an ambush, and they were both surprised it didn't happen. They emerged out the other side of the cave and met a few bulblin archers who had their bows at the ready. They fired as soon as the duo came into sight, but Olinda's whirlwind beat those green midgets every time. They powered through the archers casually, not even slowing their walking pace when they killed the beasts. They continued past a spring and met pockets of resistance here an there, but nothing to really pose that much of a threat. They climbed over a gate and went through a mountain pass.

"We're almost there," Olinda noted. "There's the bridge."

Right when she mentioned the bridge, a bulblin archer shot the ropes connecting it to their side, causing it to drop and making the chasm uncrossable.

"Annoying little puppyer..." Acuzio muttered.

"Jump!" Olinda encoraged.

"What, are you crazy?"

"Just jump! Look, even if you don't make it, there's a river below. Jump!"

"Whatever."

Acuzio was nervous about it, but he jumped. He felt a blast of wind hit him, shooting him across.

"This is crazyyyyy!!!" he shouted, shooting straight into that annoying archer and finishing it off when they skidded to a stop. He heard Olinda land behind him. "Nice. We should do that more often."

"Don't count on it. Go ahead into Ordon. Let them know you cleared the way. I need to stay here."

"Why?"

"They've been fighting these beasts for weeks now. What do you think they'll see in me?"

"I don't see a monster, Olinda. Come on."

"They will. Go."

"Fine, fine." Acuzio started to walk towards Ordon, waving at her as he left. "Guess you won't get any food and hospitality after sleeping in a field for Naryu knows how long."

"Ok, fine! Just left me get into my cloak."

"So that's what's been in your bag."

She suited up and made sure her eyes weren't that visible, then gave him a thumbs up.

"Lead the way, hero."

Acuzio walked on, Olinda trailing behind him. They walked past a beautiful spring, a tiny meadow, and finally, after walking through a short pass, saw people. Three swordsmen, each weilding identical blades. They were fine blades, much like Acuzio's own. They each had orange wrappings on the hilt and decorated brown scabbards.

"Stay right there!" One of them shouted. He approached Acuzio, holding out his hand for a greeting. Acuzio shook it and asked what his name was. "Rufio."

"Nice name," Acuzio replied. "My name's Acuzio, and this is my partner Olinda. We cleared the way for you."

"Just the two of you?!"

"Yeah."

"Damn! Let me go talk to my wife about you. Maybe we could give you a place to stay for a bit."

"I'd appreciate it. Thanks."

"No problem. Follow me."

Acuzio followed, holding out his fists for the other two guards to punch as he walked between them.

"Nice job," and "Must be strong fighter," were their responses as they pounded it. Olinda held out her hands for low-fives.

"We're really grateful for what you've done, Acuzio. How many were there?" Rufio asked, leading him into town.

"A lot. I had about 41 kills, and how many did you have, Olinda?"

"39."

"Damn," Rufio sighed. "I really appreciate it. Really. If there's anything you need, feel free to ask."

Acuzio thought about the blood he got all over him earlier, and was glad that Olinda took advantage of it to blind some more bulblins. He didn't want to ask anything more of this guy. He just wanted hospitality and food. "No, it's fine, really. It was nothing. Fun, even."

"I imagine it was fun taking it to those nasty creatures."

The village was beautiful. A few houses were built a long the pond on the left side of the village, and other homes were at the hilltops to the right. A path cut through the center, leading into a tiny bride over a steam and further through a pass. A large house sat beside the trail past the bride on the right.

"That's the mayor's house," Rufio said, taking notice of Acuzio's curiosity.

"Beautiful place," Acuzio said. "I've only heard about it, never really been here before. Nice houses."

"They're all one-room. It works out pretty nicely that way, and it's easier to build. My house is that one over there," Rufio replied, pointing at a large house next to the lake. It was a pretty house, and even had a pumpkin patch next to it.

"Nice house."

"Thanks," Rufio said, holding the door open for Acuzio and Olinda.

The house was, as Rufio said earlier, one-room. It had a kitchen on the right with a dining table in the center. Beds were also off to the side. A ladder on the left led up to a loft. A slim middle-aged woman was busy cooking, and she looked back and smiled.

"I'm guessing the way's clear, honey?" She asked, looking at the duo with a kind and welcoming smile.

"These two punched straight through those beasts."

"Amazing," she breathed.

"Acuzio, Olinda, this is my wife, Felia. Felia, these two are the heroes of the village, Acuzio and Olinda. I've offered them food and hospitality as thanks to what they've done for us."

"That's wonderful! I'll start cooking more food right away! You two get comfortable and have a seat. Supper will be served soon."

"Thanks, I really appreciate all of this," Acuzio said.

"Thank you very much," Olinda chimed.

"Olinda, you really should get out of that huge cloak," Felia insisted. "It must be hot in it."

"I don't know..."

"What's wrong, sweetie?"

"I don't think any of you would like it."

"Olinda," Rufio began to explain, "I wouldn't care if you were a stalfos right now. You saved us, and that's all that matters to us. I wouldn't care if everyone else in Hyrule saw you as a beast. Feel at home here. We won't judge you."

"Alright," she gave in, taking her hood off.

"I'm... From a different land. Also, I'm a magician, so I look a bit odd."

"She's a damn good one, too!" Acuzio chimed in. "She saved my ass a couple of times!"

"Well, you've more than earned our respect, Olinda," Rufio assured her."

"It was nothing, really." She humbly dismissed. She took the huge cloak off and had a seat next to Acuzio, getting a pat on the shoulder from him.

"Your cooking is phenomenal," Acuzio told Felia.

"Thanks. Rufio likes to hunt, and with the pumpkins and cuccos outside, we've got plenty of food."

"This is the way to cook," Olinda complimented.

They all talked and laughed into the night, and went into discussing the bublin blockade. Acuzio told them the epic tale of how he and Olinda cleared it with great detail, maybe even a bit too much. Rufio and Felia were shocked by how Acuzio took down the huge bulblin and were awed by how the duo crossed the chasm.

"It's definitely the tale I'll tell my children," Rufio laughed, shooting a loving glance at his wife, who had the same look in her eyes with a hand on her belly. Acuzio and Olinda got the message. They finished eating and talked into the night. It was only when they found their heads beginning to fall did they go to bed.

=======================================================================

Tell me what you think. Personally, I loved it.

Also, Acuzio and Olinda

acuzioolindamagic.png

I'm not posting this one on deviantart, because the Midna drawing is by a different author. I don't want any complications, so until I ask him/her if I can use the drawing in my pictures, it remains on Hyrule.net and only on Hyrule.net.

Posted

I finished Chapter 2 today, I hope y'all like it.

=========================================

Chapter 2

Untamed

"Alright!" Olinda shouted. "3... 2... 1... Jump!"

Acuzio jumped off the highest building in Ordon with a cucco over his head.

"WOOOHOOO!!! THIS IS AWESOOOME!!! YEEEEAAAAH!!! I COULD DO THIS ALL DAY LONG! WOO!" Acuzio was amazed that the rumor was true. Apparently, if you hold a flapping cucco over your head, you can glide with it. A couple of fishers at the lake looked up to watch.

"...First time?" the fisher on the right asked.

"Yeeep," the fisher on the left replied.

Acuzio was getting ever so closer to the water, though. He didn't want it to end! Suddenly, he felt a whirl of wind under him. He looked down and saw Olinda pointing her hand in his direction.

"Much appreciated!" He shouted.

"Ok, that's something I've never seen before," the fisher on the right commented.

"Yeah... He must weigh very little to be able to pull that off," the fisher on the left added.

Suddenly, something hit Acuzio's hand and caused him to fall. Also caused it to sting like hell. Everyone in Ordon looked up to see Acuzio epicly fall from a high elevation into the lake below. The resulting splash sprayed water all over the spectating fishermen.

"Ok," the fisher on the left started to complain, "that woman who was pretty much standing right next to us didn't get wet at all! What the hell?!"

"This is where you learn that comments from the penut gallery aren't welcome," Olinda chuckled.

Acuzio's head emerged above the water and shot straight at the kid laughing his ass off. The kid was holding a slingshot! Acuzio stormed out of that water and in front of that kid. The little boy stopped laughing and looked up slowly. Acuzio was tall, almost as tall as the abnormally tall Olinda. He towered over the boy. Acuzio raised his fist in the air, and the boy cringed in fear. Acuzio swung, and the boy couldn't help but flinch. Acuzio's fist stopped at the boy's shoulder and instead of his knuckles connecting with the shoulder, the palm of his hand patted it.

"Nice shot," Acuzio laughed. The boy smirked in self-approval.

"Acuzio! Olinda!" Rufio shouted. "We've got some things for you! Come meet us at our house!"

"Acuzio," Rufio began, "I've got a few things for you. Try this on." Rufio handed Acuzio a set of chainmail. "Wear it under your tunic."

"Wow, thanks," Acuzio replied. He stepped aside to take off his tunic and slip the chainmail on. After he put the tunic back on over the chainmail, it fit to the tee! "Perfect."

"Good. Try these on, too." Rufio tossed Acuzio a pair of brown gauntlets. They also fit nicely. "Also, here's a little more protection for those wrists." Rufio handed Acuzio a pair of brown metal wrist guards. Acuzio fastened them around the gauntlets. Everything fit and looked nice together. It made him feel more serious, too.

"Olinda, sweetie," Felia began to explain, "I don't have much to offer. You also don't seem like one for armor, but I do have this." She handed Olinda a pendant. It had a silver chain and butterfly. The butterfly's wings were inlaid with beautiful emeralds that sparkled in even the smallest light. "It's my most prized jewlery and my lucky pendant that my mother gave to me. I've treasured it since I was a child."

"It's beautiful." Olinda admired, giving Felia a great hug. "Thank you!"

"Acuzio," Rufio began, sticking out his hand, "it's been a pleasure."

"The pleasure's mine, Rufio," Acuzio's replied, shaking Rufio's hand and patting him on the back.

"We'll miss you two," Felia said, still hugging Olinda.

"We'll miss you, as well," Olinda replied, letting go of Felia and hugging Rufio. Acuzio hugged Felia goodbye, as well.

"You cook a fine meal," Acuzio complemented.

"Thank you, hun. Thank you for everything."

"We'll stop by sometime," Olinda said, walking to the door.

"Yeah, we definitely will."

"Our house will always be open to you," Rufio welcomed. "Thank you."

"Anytime," Acuzio and Olinda said in unison. Acuzio held the door open for Olinda, and with one final wave goodbye, they were gone.

Spectators awaited outside the house, lining the path leading out of Ordon. As Acuzio and Olinda walked along the path, waving, smiling, even laughing, the line clapped and cheered. The duo could hear Rufio and Felia clapping behind them. They were going to miss these people. Seeing how they were welcomed by this village and treated as heroes really has given them perspective. It's made them love Hyrule more, and made them both want to do more for the land. It truly was an amazing ride, from the death of the first bublin to the end of the spectator line. This was their inspiration for everything now. They would remember these couple of days every time they did something for the good of others. They also would remember Ordon, and how it's people are damn good cooks.

"Acuzio?" Olinda asked while they walked through the woods.

"Yeah?"

"I wanted to apologize for taking you like I did the other day..."

"Dont' worry about it. What we just did made it more than worth it. I just don't know how we're going to explain it all to Frederick."

"There's a problem, Acuzio."

"What's that?"

"You're not going back..."

"What the puppy are you talking about? I damn well better be going back!"

"You can't, Acuzio."

"Why the hell not?"

"What you just did should've shown you something. Have you had any training?"

"Not that I know of, why?"

"You're a natural, Acuzio, a hero. You were born to do this."

"Really."

"Yes, really. You were born to save people."

"I don't care what I was born to do. This is my life."

"I know that. But look at the result of what you did!"

"What should I see? Tell me!"

"People are safe because of you. People love you. You liked being loved. Everyone was automatically your friend. You enjoyed burning through those bublins. You enjoyed the welcoming arms you went into. Open your eyes! It's easy! You could have it all by doing what you like! You could live a better life. Better than the one you were already living. Would you rather save lives, have every person you see smile at you, every child hug you, or wake up early every morning to go make a few more ruppees? Not to mention hardly being noticed?"

"What's in it for you?"

"...I need you help. Maybe."

"What do you need?"

"This will take some explaining... Let's start from the beginning."

"Beginning of what?"

"Of you. You were a born hero, but you're not in the right world. You were born in my world, the Twilight Realm, but you were banished."

"That makes no sense. They banished their hero?"

"The sages did. The sages that overthrew me a couple of years ago."

"Overthrew you?"

"My own damned trusted sages... They kicked me off of my throne."

"Does that make you some sort of princess?"

"I'm the Twilight Princess... Or was. My mother was murdered around the time that you were banished. Before you were banished, actually. We were the first two to see her dead body."

The image of a dead woman resembling Olinda laying in a pool of blood on the floor flashed in Acuzio's mind, with a younger, crying Olinda kneeled over it. Acuzio blinked a bit to adjust to the sudden image.

"There's no doubt in my mind that the sages were behind it," Olinda continued. "They banished you soon after. They also framed your father, giving them a good reason to banish you. You see, in our realm, we might banish a ciminal's child to worsen the punishment. Your father is rotting in a cell for the rest of his life now. He was charged with the murder of my mother and with the conspiring to usurp the throne. You were banished to worsen the punishment."

"What is this banishing process?"

"There's a portal to the Light Realm, the world we're in now, at the edge of the Twilight Realm, in one of the most dangerous places to be. It's extremely hard to get to, unless if you're a sage. The sages carry out the ritual for banishment, witch is a spell that temporarily destroys your immunity."

"Immunity? Please explain."

"When the dark interlopers that are my ancestors were banished to the Twilight Realm, they were just like the people you see here. It took time for them to become what you see here. They were beings of light, but the light could only fight the dark for so long before burning out. The light in their bodies fought the dark air of the Twilight Realm for a few generations, but finally, that wall of 'immunity' broke, and they quickly became Twili."

"Interesting. And this banisment is basically reversing the process?"

"Yes. It causes the darkness in your body that's already fighting the light break, opening a hole for the light to pour into and overtake the dark. It turns you into a Hylian pretty quickly."

"What usually happens to these people?"

"They might survive, might not. They crawl away cluelessly, with no memory at all. They eventually pass out."

"It all makes sense now... Frederick found me unconscious under a tree." Acuzio remembered crawling into a stormy night until finally giving out under a tall tree. Then he remembered the light of waking up in Frederick's home. He remembered six faces looking over him and vanishing. Most of all, though, he remembered one standing in front of a group of five, the obvious leader. He was smiling. His face was gaunt with a jutting chin. His eyes were narrow, and his orange hair was long. Damned ugly, if you asked Acuzio. He felt an automatic hatred towards this guy. "Who was the leader?"

"The sage of balance. He's about as powerful as all of the sages combined. He's mastered all of the types of magic that each sage commits to individually."

"I'm going to have his damned ugly ass head!"

"Not so fast, hero. You can't take all 6 of them. Not now, anyway."

"I can take them individually."

"I don't see how they might be isolated. I also don't know what they're doing with the throne. They could be doing just as well as I was, if not better. I don't know if I should go back now."

"I could get used to having you around... I don't think that you should until you-"

"Those are my people. I can't just leave them like that."

"You said you were usurped a few years ago..."

"I was kept on a tight leash. They haven't done anything... Yet."

"Stay for awhile, princess. I've only known you for a few days and you're already my best friend."

"Thanks, Acuzio. I was already planning on staying for awhile."

"Thanks, Olinda. It's great to have you here."

Olinda suddenly hugged him, catching him off-guard.

"It's great to have you here, Acuzio. It's great to have my best friend back."

"Good to know we have history, I guess."

"Ready for more heroics?" Olinda excitedly asked, letting go of him.

"You know it."

"There's a group of Lizalfos raiding caravans trading between Kakariko and Castle Town. How about we ruin their business?"

"Sounds great." Acuzio stuck out his fist, and Olinda pounded it.

The duo traveled out of the woods and into the Eldin providince until they came to the road between Kakariko and Castle Town. There they were, a small group of Lizalfos waiting along the road. One stuck it's head up in the direction of the duo and made a noise. The entire group turned to look at Acuzio and Olinda, who immediately got ready for a fight. The Lizalfos rushed the two, but Olinda doused them with fire and lightning. The group never stood a chance. Loud clapping could be heard behind the dead line, though.

"Excellent work, heroes." A strong, lizard-like voice boomed. "You're ability to kill those runts is astounding. However, they were only children trying to prove themselves worthy of adulthood. Real warriors would have waited for my command." The voice came from a huge, armored lizalfos, easily taller than Olinda. His armor was tan steel, but was lacking boots and a helmet. The greaves went all the way down to his ankle, but left it's clawed feet to free air. On his back was a wicked blade, a huge two-handed scimitar. Around his waist was his equivilant of a shortsword, but a man would have to hold it with both hands. He drew his scimitar and beconed them to come.

Acuzio stepped in front of Olinda and looked back at her, silently questioning her if he could go.

"Go ahead, Acuzio, I'm not stopping you."

Acuzio nodded and drew his sword as he stepped forward to meet the obvious leader.

"Brave boy. Let's see if courage is mixed with foolishness," the Lizalfos laughed. He stomped on the ground, causing it to shake and making Acuzio's bones wobble a bit. The lizalfos jumped high into the air. Acuzio looked up to see a blade coming down over his head! He sidestepped and the blade came down next to the left of him, causing the ground to shake like crazy. The lizalfos took advantage and backhanded Acuzio, smacking him into the ground Acuzio got up and lunged, but the lizalfos swung. Acuzio ducked under the swing and stabbed the creature. He pulled the blade out of the lizalfos' side, but by then another swing was headed Acuzio's way, and he had just enough time to block. The resulting shock knocked Acuzio's sword out of is hands and had his bones jarring in pain. He couldn't go down like that, though. He jumped onto the Lizalfos' right arm and climbed up the armor The lizalfos tried to shake him off, but he couldn't. Acuzio managed to get the humanoid lizard in a choke-hold and kept held it for a few seconds before being ripped from the neck and slammed into the ground. The lizalfos brought the blade up for a finishing strike, and Acuzio just barely managed to roll out of the way. Another backhand sent him reeling. Reeling right next to his sword. Acuzio recovered it and prepared himself. He was losing badly, but there had to be a way. He had already hurt the giant lizard once. Not like that did much, but it was still a hit. The lizalfos made a vertical swing, but Acuzio once again evaded, this time countering with a stab to the right side of the chest. The lizalfos doubled back and put the huge scimitar away, drawing it's shortsword instead.

"Now it gets serious, boy. This is where you die."

The lizalfos lunged at Acuzio, but Acuzio managed to evade again. The lizard swung the blade-too quick to dodge.- Acuzio brought up his blade to block. It jarred him, but he at least didn't lose the sword. The lizalfos pounded on it over and over, though, until Acuzio's arms finally gave out and his hands dropped to his sides. The lizalfos punched Acuzio, knocking him back a few feet. Acuzio struggled to get up as the lizalfos lunged across the field to finish him off. Suddenly, a wall of fire blocked him from Acuzio.

"Acuzio! Are you alright?" Olinda asked, helping him up.

"Let me fight, Olinda... I can beat him..."

"No you can't... I'm sorry. I can't let you die."

The Lizalfos jumped through the fire and brought his blade up to kill both of them, but Olinda shocked the blade with a jolt of lightning, electrocuting the Lizalfos. It dropped the blade and drew back. Olinda pulled Acuzio up and tried to carry him away as quickly as possible.

"Keep your dog on a leash until it can be tamed, girl," the lizalfos taunted. "Until then, you have lost, warrior. Remember Ik' Fanos. That is my name. Remember that he's the one who defeated you." Ik' Fanos took his sword and sheathed it. Spitting on the ground in Acuzio's direction, he turned and began to walk away.

"And know that Acuzio is the name of the man who will kill you," Olinda warned.

"That is the name of that pathetic wretch? It'll never happen. See you around, heroes."

Ik' Fanos was gone, and Olinda was walking toward with Acuzio's arm around her shoulder for support. Acuzio yanked his arm off and sheathed his sword.

"Find me a puppying way to get stronger. Right now."

"I already have one."

"Yeah?"

"A group of fighters in Castle Town that don't exactly work openly in town. Jobs inside the town are covert, but jobs that require traveling will be out in the open. However, the ones who pull these heroics off don't make any mention of the group unless if they come by a potential member. I came across them when I was searching for you."

"Perfect."

"Don't let this get to your head, Acuzio."

"Too late. Let's get to that group."

"It's located in a bar in Castle Town South. They meet in the back."

"Have you worked with them before?"

"Not really, but I guess you could say I'm kind of popular in the bar."

"How so?"

"You'll see when we get there," Olinda sighed, rolling her eyes.

The duo walked into a bar called "Nabora's bar." There were several groups of friends sitting together and laughing, and a female Gerudo stood at the bar, washing a tankard.

"Hey there, sweetheart," a man said to Olinda in a smooth voice. "You must've been looking for me.

Olinda sighed. "Laz, how many ruppees spent on new densers will it take to teach you?"

"Don't be like that, baby, just bring your cute little ass over here and sit in my lap. You can have a drink on me, and afterwards you can pay me back at home."

Olinda lunged at him, elbowing him in the face, which knocked his head into the wall behind him. She grabbed the back of his head and slammed his face into the table. Taking hold of his medium-length hair, she pulled him out of his seat, dropped a knee-bomb in his crotch, and threw him to the ground. She made sure to close the deal by kicking the side of his head.

"Listen to me well and remember it while you pick your teeth up off the floor, Laz," Olinda yelled into his ear. "The only thing I'll be doing at your home is repainting it with your blood. Do you understand me?!"

Laz tried to speak, but instead coughed up blood.

"I'll take that as a yes," Olinda smirked. The whole bar was watching, and broke out into sudden laughter.

"How many times is that girl gonna have to lay you out before you learn, Laz?" one man teased.

"Hope those dental fees don't cost too much!"

Laz got up, wiping his mout off. His gaze shot straight at Acuzio.

"And what the hell are you looking at, jackass?" Laz yelled.

"I'm looking at a drunk, bloodied up, broken down, toothless asshole. Now that I think about it, I believe that would be you."

"puppy you!" Laz yelled, lunging at Azuzio. Acuzio grabbed Laz's wrist, twisted it, spun around and slammed his elbow into the square of Laz's back. Laz flopped to the ground and could only cough up some more blood. Even more laughter ensued.

"And for the record," Acuzio whispered in Laz's ear, "no one talks to my best friend like she's a popular princess."

"Looks like her boyfriend puppyed you up real good! That'll teach ya!"

"I'm not her boyfriend, just a friend," Acuzio laughed.

"What can I get for you today, sweetie?" the bartender, obviously Nabora, kindly asked Olinda as she walked up to it with Acuzio following.

"Not much. Can I go talk to the big guys in the back?"

"You're always welcome to, Olinda. You know that."

"I just didn't want to be a problem. Thanks, Nabora!"

"Who's your friend?"

"This is Acuzio."

"Hey," Acuzio said.

"He's that guy I was looking for."

"It's great to finally meet the hero!" Nabora stuck out her hand for a handshake, and Acuzio took it. "Name's Nabora. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, as well."

"You two go speak in the back. Hope your business goes well."

"I'm sure it will," Olinda assured. "See you later."

"Nice meeting you," Acuzio said, following Olinda past the curtain in the back. Behind the curtain was a table with about 5 people standing or sitting around it. They all looked up as the duo entered. All of the bar's noise and bustle suddenly dropped a few levels, and took on a more serious atmosphere.

"Olinda," one of the larger, armored men said. "Good to see you."

"Good to see you, too, Hale. I have a new guy for you. Two, actually."

"Who are they?"

"Well, this is the new guy," Olinda explained, gesturing toward Acuzio. "I'm the other one."

"About damn time you came around," Hale laughed. The others nodded or laughed in agreement. "What's your name, Rookie?"

"Acuzio. Good to meet you."

"And to you, as well, rook. What do you do?"

"I'm an excellent swordsman. Olinda and I cleared the way to Ordon for you."

"He got most of the kills," Olinda chuckled.

"Didn't stop her from saving my ass a few times."

"Very nice," Hael said, nodding in approval. He looked at the other four. "What do you guys think?"

Acuzio and Olinda heard approvals, but one simply dismissed Acuzio. He was the one sitting in the corner with a sword laying against the wall next to him. He wore a full set of chainmail armor, and his helmet was a gray leather cap. His face echoed complete seriousness.

"Oh come on, Ralius. Do you always have to be like this when it comes to new members?" Hael griped.

"He can't have all of us eating out of his hand. One of us has to piss him off a little," Ralius responded angrilly.

"Whatever," Hael dismissed. "That's four votes out of five, you're in, Acuzio. Welcome."

"Thank you," Acuzio replied.

"And Olinda, we already voted on you a long time ago," Hael laughed. "You're in."

"What were the votes?" Olinda asked.

"Same as Acuzio's. Just Ralius being an ass."

"Don't you hear me back here telling you why I'm such an ass?" Ralius demanded.

"Oh, I hear you. I'm just not listening to you." The group got a kick out of it, all of them, including Acuzio and Olinda, laughing, except for Ralius. "We'd better not let him give you two assignments, he'll probably get you killed."

"We work best together," Olinda said.

"Good to know. I'll be sure to team you two up most of the time, but you can't be bound to each other. You have to be able to fight independantly. Work well as a team, but just as well alone.

"Got it," Acuzio and Olinda responded in unison.

"Alright," Hael said, laying out a map on the table. "Acuzio, Olinda, you two will go here." He pointed at Lake Hylia and moved his finger up the river to Zora's Fountain. "Apparently, a group of bandits have been extorting two local amusement rides, robbing travelers on the bridge, and kidnapping Zoras that travel along the river. They've also completely taken over a boat station and a fishing hole right here," Hael pointed at a spot of land in the upper part of the river. "They have strong communication and have set up camps in the fishing hole. They use the boat station as an outpost, and use the boats on kidnapping runs to get Zoras. The Zoras have been pretty pissed about all of this, and are about ot engage the bandits. We don't want that to happen. It'll result in Zora deaths. That's why we need you two down there. Start with the fountain and find out what you can about the situation from those who are experiencing it firsthand. I'd say the softest spot to hit em' would be the lake. It's at the bottom of their organization, and can't get a message out in a moment's notice. Can you two handle it?"

"Easily," Acuzio answered.

"Definitely." Olinda also answered.

"Good. Get to it. Report back here when you get it done. I'll see you then."

Acuzio and Olinda headed out the west side of Castle Town. They were going to deal with the ones on the bridge first and clear out the amusement ride before heading for the fountain. They just hoped they had enough time.

"I wanted to thank you, Olinda."

"For what?"

"Showing me that I had this option in life."

"No problem."

"Also, for introducing me. I'm glad I have this job."

"Me, too. I could get used to this place."

"Good." Acuzio patted Olinda on the back as they neared the bridge. Bandits could be seen plain as day, some leaning against the bridge's stone railing, others standing with their arms crossed.

"Look at these posers," Acuzio mused. "They're just waiting for us. Care to give em' a douse?"

"Caaan do." Olinda sparked each of them on fire, and Acuzio ran in to quickly finish them off.

"They were probably going to jump off if I didn't finish them," Acuzio said, sheathing his sword. "That would let everyone below know that something's up."

"Yeah. Nice."

"Let's check out that amusement ride."

They walked down the stairs to the right and slowly opened to door to a small house built along the cliff.

"No magic," Acuzio whispered. "We don't want this place catching on fire."

"Right."

There was a guard watching the door who pulled out his sword on first sight. He swung at Acuzio, who blocked and pushed the bandit's blade back, overcoming the theif's strength. He then decapitated the bandit with a quick slash to the neck. More appeared rushed him. He kicked the first one to get close enough in the jaw, ducked and spun, slashing another in the stomach, and beat a blocking bandit into a wall where Acuzio impaled him. He pulled the sword out of the bandit and the wall and dodged the kicked bandit's swing, countering by cutting his wrist off. He decided to put the bleeding bandit out of his misery for mercy's sake. He was going to finish the bandit who was slashed across the stomach, but Olinda already broke his neck.

"That's the way, Acuzio. Let's find the owner of this ride."

The duo investigated the house, and found the apparent owner dead on a haystack.

"A damn shame," Acuzio sighed.

"Let's be sure to make these guys pay."

"I'm with you, Olinda. Let's do this."

==================================================

POSTPONED

Yo. This story ain't gonna happen, bro.

-Jo!