Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thunderstorms in the morning.

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Morning thunderstorms. ;)

I love it. It's dark in the morning, and I have to turn on my lights. The sky is cloudy, but not in the spiteful way that only blocks out the sun. The rain's pouring down making a soothing noise with the thunder. I open my windows, and it's noisy outside, but somehow silent. Devoid of people? Possibly. Birds are chirping through the rain.

I can imagine being the vegetation outside, drinking my fill.

Gives good time for contemplation.

Very nostalgic and soothing.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

NO. IT WAS "COMFY". CHANGE IT BACK >:(

...So not fair...

Posted

Yeah in the morning their good. But at 2 A.M, like it was herea thunder clap scared me out od a great dream. I was skinny dipping with Tyra Banks she just went under the water when BANG!!!! A soul shattering explosion. It hit a few blocks away and shattered an old telephone pole. They gad the street blocked off all day with the repair.

Posted

There were some here this morning. The streets flooded. Though the water evaporated pretty fast.

Posted

Those are nothing compared to the Typhoons (Hurricane-like storms) we get in Taiwan. :P Typhoon season is about to start, and when they do arrive, we get landslides, floods, blackouts, and stuff like that. D:

Last year I was nearly hit by a advertisement sign that was blown off it's post by the wind. Scary experience.

Posted

I enjoy morning thunderstorms because they're oddly soothing, not because they launch advertisements at my head. :(

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I don't mind thunderstorm, but having them late at night, when I'm trying to sleep, is annoying. Nothing like being woken up from a sound sleep than the loud booming of thunder.

Edited by Crowned Twili Princess (see edit history)

Posted

Aha, I hate night thunderstorms. Especially when I'm asleep. Thundering booms of death ripping me away from my sleep. :c

Thunder frightens me too. D|

Posted

Oddly, I've never had that problem. When thunderstorms are on at night they just become backround noise. I like backround noise.

Posted

Sounds lovely. I love thunder storms regardless of the time of day, but I don't wake up to them nearly enough. :<

Posted

Sounds lovely. I love thunder storms regardless of the time of day, but I don't wake up to them nearly enough. :<

These past two weeks our town has had them once every 2 days at like 5pm. How can you be asleep at that time? Are you...nocturnal?

Posted

1) I only recall once when there was thunder recently, although I was out of town for a few days.

2) I said "wake up to". I believe you may have misinterpretted it like "be awake during".