Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Moderation Inactivity

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Things have been really... complicated for me, lately, but I make time to for hyrule.net everyday. I may not be posting, but I come to make sure things are in order...

EDIT: Whoa, wait a second, I'm not a mod anymore? I was yesterday, but... Hm.

Edited by Cat Girl (see edit history)

Posted

CG!!!!

OMFGBBQ!!! IT'S CAT GIRL!!!!!1!one!!!

Good to have you back.

Posted

Hory clap! I haven't seen some of you guys in ages. Grandmaster, I don't NEED to be active, and that wasn't one of my points, was it now? Moderators, who have a duty to keep the forums clean, should be on as often as possible.

Joshizzle, you're trippin'. I'll be news editor.

Hai thar CG, no need to worry; You're still a mod.

Overall, everyone, I think we can agree that the moderation inactivity on the site is killing off members one by one. They see something happen, they report it, and nothing gets done about it. So they bugger off like seagulls from onion. The more active moderators we have here, the better.

Oh yah, and excuuuuuuuuse me, Adr, but I live in Australia. I can't exactly ask the government to change EST+10 to whatever I want. And I doubt the Sun'll listen to me, either.

Posted

Usually we try to get multiple mods this way mods don't have to be on all the time think of it as shifts. for example adr is only on sometimes during the very morning for me but he then goes to bed and then another mod comes on according to his time zone.

We don't want to force moderators to put this first. Life before the Interwebz.

Posted

if you want to catch majority of the chat online FF, in East Aust. time, you gotta be online around 10 in the morning. Some days I catch them before uni, somedays I dont.

Its good to have mods with the different time zones, as AFAIK im the only one around while most europeans or americans are sleeping or at work / school.

Posted

Yeah, but it is kind of a problem. There was one topic with a highly inappropriate image, and it took quite a while for it to be deleted.

Posted

I have lots of exams right now, I'll be more active in a week or two. although even when Im active I read alot but dont post heaps - im usually on every day though you might not realise it.

Agreed, I'm the same way, I'm on here everyday, usually multiple times, but I generally don't post unless it's something I feel I can really contribute to.

That being said, we could use a couple more mods around.

Posted (edited)

Usually we try to get multiple mods this way mods don't have to be on all the time think of it as shifts. for example adr is only on sometimes during the very morning for me but he then goes to bed and then another mod comes on according to his time zone.

We don't want to force moderators to put this first. Life before the Interwebz.

Well, this makes for only 1 Mod online even CLOSE to the times I'm online, and that's Zuzu. I'm not asking for any Moderator rights, but I'm just saying we need more Moderators from Australia, New Zealand, etc. who are actually going to be ACTIVE. I've actually begun to think of Moderation as more of a job, than an actual privilige. That said, I'd like to help the Hyrule.net Community in any way possible.

Edited by FreckleFart (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

As far as I know, you, me and Zuzu ARE the only users from this area that are active. You know this, so to me it seems that you are asking for a moderating position, which to me seems like a bad idea, i.e terrible.

Edited by Bond (see edit history)

Posted

yes, FF you're not exactly mod material.

Posted

I'm online during your posting times. :(

I stay awake for five hours, then sleep for three, then repeat. I'm awake at all times of the day.

The only reason I'm not is if I'm at a friend's.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'm online during your posting times. :(

I stay awake for five hours, then sleep for three, then repeat. I'm awake at all times of the day.

The only reason I'm not is if I'm at a friend's.

Sahaqiel

I forgot to mention you. But, liek, how can you do that? Stay awake all that time, I mean. What about school or whatever?

@Bond: Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't. I wasn't asking for special Mod powers, nor was I stating that I would turn the said position down. I was just putting that out there. To be honest, though, I'd probably leave the site if I was anyone else, and my regular being was made a Global Moderator. I'd also leave, however, if somebody like Rain was given the job. Don't get me wrong, I like Rain, but I think there are more people on here who are better suited for the job. I'm happy to stay with the RP forum, so long as inactivity is no longer a problem within it.

@Padraig!: You're hyper, drunk, or stoned, right? One of the three? :unsure:

Posted

Can you see the staff forums yet? Or do you need an Admin to do something.

Posted

We're on summer break.

And you didn't read what I said. :(

For every time I'm awake five hours, I sleep for three.

So I'm awake in the early morning/morning, afternoon/evening, evening/night.

I restart my cycle tomorrow morning at 5:00 Central US time, since I was at my friend's.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I think Rain could do a good job.