Twilight Princess: A Wii game for everyone

6 posts in this topic

Posted

This is my problem with Twilight Princess

THE GAME IS TOO SHORT!

I have beaten the game with everything and it took me 60 hours to do it. When I say everything, I mean everything

I have beaten Wind Waker with everything and it took me 120 hours. Big difference

Sure, the Wind Waker storyline was short, but the world map was HUGE!

Twilight princess was just a magnified hyrule from OOT

Also, I think TP was dumbed down to comform with Everyone new playing it. The game was rated T, so that throws out the kids. but anyway, It was dumbed down so that new players would like it.

What about the old players?!

They had 4 years to create this game, and they threw it away. If they had kept all that was suppossed to be in Twilight Princess, I wouldn't be complaining.

Doesn't everyone remember the e3 2004 demo? NONE of it was in the game.

In fact, the demo could have created a whole other game!

If they had included all of it, it would be twice as long, twice as filling, and twice as fun.

I thought Twilight Princess would be better than OOT, so I put soo much HYPE on the game that when it finally came, it disappointed me.

So, Ocarina of Time is still my favorite game.

For effort, I give them a 4/10 on Twilight Princess

For effort, I give them a 8/10 on Wind Waker

For effort, I give them a 10/10 on Ocarina of Time

They're going backwards!

Posted

I haven't finished the game yet, but I already think it's the best of all Zeldas. Take a look at OOT. What was the story? Just a kid who meets Zelda, then gets the sword, all of a sudden is 7 years older, saves some sages and pwns Ganondorf. It seems pretty long, right? Now, I'm just begining the Arbiter's Grounds n TP, and this has happened: The kids are kidnaped and in the quest for saving them Link is trapped in the Twilight and becomes a wolf. Then he meets Midna and goes to see Zelda that tells him why the Twilight is covering Hyrule. Then all the spirits and their sotry and many more things. Does it have a better story than OOT? Hell yeah. It even has a better story than WW (my previous Zelda fav.) And if you finished the game in 60 hours (that still seems a lot to me) you probably breezed through it like there's no tomorrow, or are a Zelda vet, and it seemed easier to you. I guess what I'm trying to say is play the game without comapring it to any other game. That way you'll enjoy it more. :)

Posted

I haven't finished the game yet, but I already think it's the best of all Zeldas. Take a look at OOT. What was the story? Just a kid who meets Zelda, then gets the sword, all of a sudden is 7 years older, saves some sages and pwns Ganondorf. It seems pretty long, right? Now, I'm just begining the Arbiter's Grounds n TP, and this has happened: The kids are kidnaped and in the quest for saving them Link is trapped in the Twilight and becomes a wolf. Then he meets Midna and goes to see Zelda that tells him why the Twilight is covering Hyrule. Then all the spirits and their sotry and many more things. Does it have a better sotry than OOT? Hell yeah. It even has a better story than WW (my previous Zelda fav.) And if you finished the game in 60 hours (that still seems a lot to me) you probably breezed through it like there's no tomorrow, or are a Zelda vet, and it seemed easier to you. I guess what I'm trying to say is play the game without comapring it to any other game. That way you'll enjoy it more. :)

Yea, your right about breezing through it, the 1st time I played it I went through it incredibly fast because I just loved it. Then, I was suddenly at the end of the game. This managed to tick me off because the game I had been waiting for for 4 years was over in 60 hours.

Ok, this is what I'm really trying to say. Ocarina of Time had nothing to go by when it was created. It really had no standards, and nothing to look back on. Even with that problem, it was an incredible game, with a deep storyline for its time.

The wind waker was the same way. It was a new system with new graphics and new controls. That didn't stop Nintendo from creating another great game, with more storyline than that of Ocarina of Time, but that is because it was made after and in a different time. Wind Waker is good for its time.

Twilight princess was made for the same system as wind waker, and with the same engine (modified). Hyrule field is incredibly smaller than wind waker's ocean. I realize that the ocean was just water, but why can't they just replace that water with land. Then, create stuff to do and enemies to battle. Also, where are the minigames in twilight princess. Some of the cool minigames are not playable again after you do them. Such as sumo wrestling. There is no trading game. The only 2 things to collect are bugs and poes.

I will admit, I love the storyline, graphics, and hidden skills, but that's about as far as it goes. So what if they added 1 or 2 more dungeons, they should have added more things to do in between the dungeons.

They did not give the effort on Twilight Princess that they gave on Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. They had the ability to, but they didn't and that is what I am mad about most.

P.S. sorry for the long reply :)

Posted

Also, I think TP was dumbed down to comform with Everyone new playing it. The game was rated T, so that throws out the kids. but anyway, It was dumbed down so that new players would like it.

Actually, it's the opposite. Wind Waker was made so that new players would be able to handle it, not TP.

Don't get me wrong, I love Wind Waker, and I think I enjoyed it more than TP. But WW's ocean was big because you spend all of your time in it. Whether you're sailing to your next location, spending time on the smaller islands, or whatever - the majority of your time is spent in the ocean.

TP, on the other hand, isn't like that. The field is smaller than WW's ocean because you don't spend all your time in the field. After going through TP's field once, you never have to go through it again. The reason is that the majority of your time in TP is spent in dungeons, and so the field is smaller.

I'm not sure why you're complaining about getting only 60 hours out of TP, because many other people got 40, or 30, or less. And those times are about the same as you would get on most other Zeldas too. You got 120 hours on WW (wow) and I'm glad you did, but that only proves that WW is good, not that TP is bad.

Posted

Hmm, I see your point fgm.It is a good point.

But,alas, I must contest again. What I meant by it being dumbed down was that not that it was dumbed down so kids could understand it, I meant that the overalll gameplay was cut short due to them focusing on the wii.

I must confess again that I had fun with Twilight princess. I'm not saying it is a bad game, It is a very great game, I am saying it is a bad zelda game.

If it had been a standalone game and the 1st on the gamecube, I wouldn't be complaining. But it did not live up to the hype everyone put on it is all. If i had gone in with no expectations, I would have been blown away. But, I looked for a game that would surpass Ocarina of Time, but it just didn't. It only repeated what past zelda games had done, only adding a few new weapons.

Twilight princess is a great game, just not a great zelda game.

sry if this sounds confusing. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

Posted

Hmm, I see your point fgm.It is a good point.

But,alas, I must contest again. What I meant by it being dumbed down was that not that it was dumbed down so kids could understand it, I meant that the overalll gameplay was cut short due to them focusing on the wii.

I must confess again that I had fun with Twilight princess. I'm not saying it is a bad game, It is a very great game, I am saying it is a bad zelda game.

If it had been a standalone game and the 1st on the gamecube, I wouldn't be complaining. But it did not live up to the hype everyone put on it is all. If i had gone in with no expectations, I would have been blown away. But, I looked for a game that would surpass Ocarina of Time, but it just didn't. It only repeated what past zelda games had done, only adding a few new weapons.

Twilight princess is a great game, just not a great zelda game.

sry if this sounds confusing. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

I totally get what you mean. In the first boss fight I was like omg this thing is gonna pwn me right away! And 30 seconds later it was the boss the one who was pwned. Maybe we've become better at Zelda games and that's why they don't feel challenging. It does feel like it was dumbed down a little bit.

That's why I usually challenge myself, like trying to beat the bosses with only 3 hearts, and stuff like that.