I am so happy right now!

381 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I made the two cakes pictured in the "pictures of the life around you" thread. I don't think I've ever been as happy with the results. I have real cake pans this time and not the kinds that taper out. Real straight edged pans that don't fit into each other.

Also, the buttercream frosting used no powdered sugar!

Nada

This recipe leaves it light, fluffy and silky smooth.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Couple things on my mind that are kinda' happy.

Kaffles and I have worked some stuff out and are becoming better as a couple, though I retain that we've always been a pretty good couple. We're working a lot of things out and have set goals for ourselves, and have been a lot better together as of late, though again, I think we're definitely very good for each other.

Our final omelets:

0Lb6cCC.png

Second thing is that I was taking one of my friends through my horrible romantic history, and while I explained that I was kind of awkward and not very suave at all in early high school, he told me that he honestly can't imagine me not being suave, and affirmed that he wasn't joking. idk, there are some compliments that feel really nice.

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

It's so cool you two can just talk and just set goals like that. Congratulations on pulling off the dating thing for so long. I for one can say you are definitely better at the whole romance thing than I am. Also, I cannot think of a breakfast food more romantic than the omelette. +2 points for that.

Posted

I'm going to be getting two packages in the mail on Wednesday! One is a surprise gift from my friend who lives in Italy who's just a real sweetie, and the other is the Space Bros. soundtrack (3 CDs, over 70 tracks mmmm). AND on that night I'm having dinner out with my Mom! C:

AND sometime soon I have a movie date sometime c': It's only been a day but I actually miss him geez

pheonix561 and Sayubie like this

Posted

SOMEBODY HAS A BIG DUMB CRUSH

Eka likes this

Posted (edited)

This one requires a bit of a backstory.

I'm a big fan of the YouTube channel, Game Grumps. Acting Not-So-Grump, Danny, is a musician, and said something about once in duo called Skyhill. They only ever made one album, but I found it somehow and thought it was really great.

Here's my personal favorite, Black and White:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvP3S-Szgso

Anyway, after a few weeks of snooping around for information about them and deciding that was stupid and there was no information, I notice that there's an "Email Us"-type link on their website. I sent an email, and then this happened:

post-8047-0-27507600-1389661908_thumb.pn

So yeah, I talked to a musician that inspired me.

(I wish I had said "playing" instead of "writing" because I don't write music and now I feel like an ass for no good reason)

Otherwise, this made me p. happy.

Edited by Silver Moon (see edit history)
Eka likes this

Posted

He was also in a band called Northern Hues. They had some pretty good tunes

Posted

This past weekend was really fantastic, as I mentioned in "Talk."

Today my friends and I are gonna play Arkham Horror again. The 3 of us. Then we plan to invite more players as the game goes up to 8 people. I really really really hope this becomes a regular trend. Id love to have a gaming group.

Posted

Three year anniversary with Kaffles today! I'm optimistic about a bright, happy future together.

Michael and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Man. That was the first post here in 3 months

Posted

girlfriends are gay

Posted

Building a Daft Punk pendant for her; specifically, the Guy-Manuel pendant. You can see them wearing them here. They're each tetrahedrons that abstractly represent their helmets, combined with their pyramid symbol.

4gdMLve.jpg

xyc06mg.png

zUf6tkK.jpg

QJmaqGb.jpg

BRNVuQJ.jpg

e5Bue7s.jpg

In a bit of a hurry so I'll summarize.

I made a tetrahedron with polymer clay, made a mold of it, casted it, made a relief with clay, sanded it, molded it, casted it, sanded it down some more, then molded it, and casted it, and then spraypainted it with Krylon 18-karat gold spraypaint (I don't think it actually contains gold particles) then made a little heart with "MAKE LOVE" carved into it (it's a Daft Punk song) and a jewelry joint ring embedded into it so I can feed a necklace chain through. Then I superglued that to the back, spraypainted some more, and painted the inside part black.

I ordered a gold-plated sterling silver chain from Italy or whereabouts (I'm actually lying down in this photo because I don't have a chain) and I'm going to gloss coat and polish this thing up before shipping it to her. She doesn't know I'm doing it. Though honestly, I only came up with the idea a few days before.

Posted

Does she not come to the website?