Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

About virtual console games on the Wii

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

First of all, I don't have a Wii myself (I couldn't get one yet) so I can't check this for myself.

Now the questions :D

I'd like to know where the Virtual Console games that you download are being stored. I think this is on the intern flash memory since the Wii doesn't have a hard drive. But if this is indeed stored on the Flash memory, then those 512MB will get full some time (Saves get stored there too). So if you don't want to lose those saves or redownloaded games (because you did pay for them and don't want to download and pay for them again), you'd require the possibility to move those games to an external SD-card or maybe USB-device. And since you also don't have unlimited SD-cards or USB memory sticks, you can put them on a hard drive on your pc. No problem with that. But is it possible to burn those games to a CD or DVD and still be able to play them on the Wii? I mean, does the Wii still recognize the games? Because I think there'll be some kind of piracy protection so that the Wii can't read homemade discs.

So, in short:

1. Where do the VC games get saved?

2. Can you put them on external memory?

3. Is it possible to burn them to CD or DVD and play on the Wii?

Posted

1. Wii's Flash Memory.

2. Yes you can. But you can't transfer them to other consoles. Electronic Rights, as such.

3. You might need a mod for that. But that would most likely muck up your system. And it is illegal. Don't do it. Be safe. Be aware.