Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Darkton RP

15 posts in this topic

Posted

First, a backstory.

Darkton was a small city that prospered from numerous waterfalls to make hydro electricity. Low taxes, a friendly community, ease of transportation, and a job conscious mayor made Darkton an ideal location for pretty much everybody. Unfortunately, The city grew too fast. The low taxes couldn't support any more police or schools. The crime rate skyrocketed. The education rate dropped. Gangs saw the city, and some even turned blue, and decided to help for a change. Darkton was desperate. Even worse, the low tax rates caused an industrial wasteland to form, with the mayor creating even more industrial zoning, trying to create money for Darkton. The crime rate proved to be too much for the individual gangs, and they formed together to create The Blade. About that time, a boy was born. For four years, the parents were hunted by The Blade, for they were the bosses of some of the top gangs. The boy saw The blade kill his parents when he was only four. Knowing that the kids who went to the orphanages were put in hellish families, he decided to try to live it out alone. 17 years later, he was alive and well, and still without a name. He dubbed himself Sin, and The Blade knew him well. He was a maverick of justice, dishing it out in his own way. The Blade knew this, and wanted to put an end to it. Sin knew they wanted to kill him, but he didn't have to worry. The police of Darkton paid him to be a bounty killer, and even protected him with anonymity. To the government, he didn't exist.

Here's what you do to make a character:

First decide your alignment: if you are a follower (of Sin), a gangster (against the law), a gangster (with the law), or part of The Blade (against Sin)

Then decide if you are male or female.

Then age, height, skin color/ethnicity, and a short backstory.

Sin was standing on one of the hydroelectric generators, waiting for a friend. This friend was Sin's only friend that he trusted. Suddenly, "Hello Sin." Sin wheeled around and said, "So you've decided to come. I thought you had backed out. Come, The Blade are getting a shipment of weapons. We've got to stop it."

PS: Sin's mysterious friend is also an available alignment, but only one person can be it.

Posted

*bump*

"Why do we have to stop this shipment?" said Sin's friend. "This shipment isn't normal. It's chock full of automatics. More importantly, automatics without serial numbers. I suspect that there up to some sort of a coup. I've been intercepting their messages for a while, and they kept talking about a 'Mr.M'. When the mayor went on vacation, they said 'Mr.m' is gone. Also, when they ordered their usual supply of ammunition, they said,'No ammo, just autos.'" Said Sin, as he handed a pistol to his friend.

Posted

As I accepted the pistol, I inquired, "So you think that the Mayor is leading Blade? Even for you, that's extreme." As we snuck up on the dock where the weapons were being dropped off, I roostered the pistol and peered over the top of the crate. "You flank and I'll take center," I ordered Sin. As I looked beside me, Sin was nowhere to be seen. I said, "Oh, what the hell" and vaulted gracefully over the top of the crate, firing precise shots at Blade members.

Posted

A truck was accelerating, and sin's friend could hear it. Suddenly, a truck screeched to a halt in the middle of the dock. A guy jumped out of the back, and opened fire on sin's friend with an automatic weapon. Men opened fire on him. Then, a crane began to lift up the crate. "GET IN!!" yelled sin. Sin's friend jumped onto the crate. "Commandeer the truck, I'm going to put the crate in the back!" Sin's friend obeyed, and jumped onto the truck. Sin dropped the crate in the back and jumped down on top of it. Sin's friend knocked out the driver with the butt of his gun, and pushed him out.

Posted

As Sins friend accelerated the truck, he was getting nervous and sweaty. As people were shooting at him with an automatic weapon, his driving was getting jerky. As he turned a sharp corner, he could hear a yelp of pain from the back. He quickly accelerated to 100 MPH and started taking sharp turns. He hoped his hastily concocted plan would work.

Posted

Sin was pressed to the side of the truck with the crate after his friend made a sharp turn. He tried to kick the crate over, but he couldn't move. He pushed with his arms, but the crate didn't budge. He groaned and gave up. "Thats some fine driving your doing! he yelled into the drivers cabin.

Posted

As Sins friend turned another sharp corner, he yelled back, "look, just hang on!" As he accelereated even further, he could see their base in the distance. "Almost there," he muttered. As he skidded through the door, he immediatly brought the car to a halt and slammed and locked the steel service door. He slammed open the back of the truck and shot the Blade member in the head.

Posted

Sin began to push the crate out, but as he did, he felt how unnaturally light it was! When he pushed it off the bed of the truck, the lid burst open, but nothing came out! "They got the guns." muttered sin.

Posted

"Great. Now the Blade have automatic weapons," Sins friend reolied. "Could this day get any worse?" His question was answered when a truck slammed through the barrier like tinfoil.

Posted

Men filed out of the back of the truck, all of then holding automatics. Sin grabbed his friend, and jumped in the truck. Sin put the truck in full reverse, and knocked over the men, some of which were crushed under the tires.

Posted (edited)

What a terrible display.

Your posts rarely reach beyond three lines and there's very little much going on here at all. I don't see why you felt the need to open a topic in the Open Floor, but just be glad this even got one person interested.

Good luck performing the miracle required to make this RP somewhere near half decent.

I guess I should join though, just to be the nice human being I am.

Name: Roark

Alignment: Gangster (Against)

Appearance: Tall, black haired and clothed in a black suit. Wears black sunglasses and a white tie. Wears a black Flock Hat.

Backstory: Nobody cares about the backstory segment of character creation.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

You mean just to torment us.

Posted

What did happen to Ruined Future?

Posted

It died as I was the only one willing to keep it going. Then EBL came back months later and expected us to jump back into our positions. I gave up on it.

Posted

Arrg, this new sceme makes my head hurt. It's too weird. Sorry for the delay folks.

Sin put the truck in foward and floored it. Men fired at the truck, but their guns were useless at their own armor handiwork. Sin was thankful that the truck was well armored, and he was even more thankful that the truck was fast, as some men attempted to chase after it. "Alright, we got to get to the underground." said sin. The underground used to be a large Rent-a-warehouse area, but when the business split from the area, sin took over. He liked it because there was a maze of underground basements. The basements had of forklifts and pallates and some shipping crates, but not much else. The forklifts stopped working long ago, but sin just pushed them aside. When sin got out of the truck, there was a man standing in front of the gate. "Hey! Who are you?" Grumbled sin. The man was wearing a black suit, black sunglasses, a white tie, and a black Flock Hat. The man replied. "I know who you are sin. Or should I say, Tobias Markwood." Tobias Markwood was Sin's alter ego, so to speak. Nobody knew that Tobias was Sin's government created identity. He had a birth certificate and a social security number, both were made to give sin an identity to turn to when he needed it.