The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is the legend of the Guardians...

The goddesses formed Hyrule and brought law and life to the land with their own hands. The light spirits of the Hyrule proper watched over the newly formed land, as did another set of creatures that the goddesses created.

They observed the fledgling races and provided for the tribes in their territories. Peace reigned in Hyrule… until whispers of the Sacred Realm and the power of the goddesses that resided there. Greed began to stir within their hearts as brother fought brother. From the beginning of the skirmishes, the Guardians saw the evil in the hearts of men while blood soaked the crying earth. To ‘save’ the land from the flames of war, the Guardians took it upon themselves to destroy the defilers.

Once torn apart by a war to gain the Sacred Realm and its power, the races united to fight valiantly and protect their lives. Hylians, Gorons, Yeti, Sheikah, Watarara… but the Guardians proved to be too powerful, even for the allied army.

The goddesses heard the cries of the people, the land torn asunder by the war. To save the people of the land, the goddesses gave to an ancestor of the royal family a sacred blade imbued with their power. Blessed by the six ancient sages, the warrior and the remaining tribes made their final stand against the Guardians. In the darkest hour of the land, the dark sorcerers who would later become the enemies of all the races lent stepped forward and lent their power for the decisive battle.

The Guardians still believed that the goddesses would be on their side… and it was only during that final battle did they realize they had been abandoned, for their bodies had been made vulnerable to damage.

But instead of allowing the Guardians to die and throw off the balance of the world’s elements, the goddesses separated their spirits from their bodies and sealed them in six ancient weapons created by the sages. Their bodies were buried deep beneath the earth, never to see the light of day again, while the Guardians themselves were to remain imprisoned for eternity within the weapons.

But the invasion of Twilight has loosened the chains of their eternal prison. The Guardians are restless, their time once again near...

Rules

1. Basic forum rules apply here. No spamming, flaming, etc. No excessive use of cursing, and absolutely no use of anything sexual.

2. You cannot kill another person's character without their permission, and you cannot control another character without their permission.

3. No overly powerful characters.

4. No god-modding or neo-nuking.

5. When making a character, please be realistic and descriptive. These are your characters, so try not to have them be flat as a piece of paper.

6. This is a literate RP, which means no one sentence replies and such. Also, spellcheck is your friend if you have Firefox.

The state of Hyrule

Hyrule is slowly recovering after the invasion of Twilight by the usurper king Zant and Ganondorf. Two years have passed, and Hyrule Castle has mostly been rebuilt after its destruction during the confrontation of Midna and Ganondorf. But the peace has been shattered by strange phenomena. Unusually frigid weather has plagued Zora's Domain, Death Mountain has become increasingly active, strange creatures walk the sands of the desert... Hyrule has once more become a dangerous land.

This is post-Twilight Princess, so the Mirror of Twilight is vanished, and Hyrule (seemingly) cut-off from the Realm of Twilight. The Twili will come in at a later point in time, but not right off the bat. The Gerudo will exist, in a distant part of the Gerudo Desert and slowly drawing closer to Hyrule. So, the Gerudos are a playable race in this. Also, the Sheikah will exist, but hidden in the shadows and few and far between, so only a few people could have Sheikah characters.

Also, canon characters are available... but it's my personal request that Zelda goes to an experienced RPer. She will be needed in here, along with Link and Midna later on.

Character sheet

Name:

Age: [16 is the absolute minimum for it. Also, if they are that young, they cannot be a master of fighting, and they have to have some handicaps for still being so young]

Race:

Appearance:

Weapons:

Personality:

Home:

Bio:

Example (aka my char):

Name: Danielle

Race: Hylian

Appearance: Brown hair with blonde streaks tied back behind her head, sapphire blue eyes, and of light build. She wears a short-sleeved navy blue tunic with long pants of the matching color and brown leather boots. Around her neck is an ornate silver and gold necklace with the medallion on it bearing the crest of the Hyrulean Royal Family. She wears a brown leather strap with her scabbard on it diagonally across her chest, the scabbard itself plain looking.

Weapons: The Champion Blade. Hilt wrapped in navy blue leather, guard stretches out slightly diagonally and upwards. Strange triangular symbol in the middle, with a single topaz that glitters like fire, the golden crest of the royal family set into the gemstone. Polished and sharp blade, the length considered a one-handed sword. Hylian letters, engraved in gold and in an ancient dialect lines the middle of both sides of the blade.

Personality: A bit sarcastic at times, and she'll often speak her mind to people. She has a very curious nature and loves to learn new things, although she has the notorious knack of avoiding her nobility lessons. She has a deep interest in swordfighting, although she is still something of a novice. She is generally friendly towards people, but she is cautious about quickly making friends. Also, she has a slight issue with low confidence and self-esteem at times.

Home: Hyrule Castle

Bio: A young noble child who lives in Hyrule Castle, she acts like anything BUT a noblewoman. With the invasion of Zant and his dark army, she watched as her father was struck down by the Shadow Beasts while trying to protect the hiding child. Since that day, she completely shed any thoughts of following through with her nobility teachings, instead learning the ways of the blade from a few sympathetic knights who took pity on the now-orphaned child. She still lives in the castle, cared for by the princess and the castle's inhabitants. For while she has no knowledge of it, a select few are aware that her father carried the blood of the royal family. His true heritage was a safety precaution in case any enemies of the royal family tried to eradicate them. With the king and queen dead, the only ones with this knowledge are the princess, the sages, and the most trusted advisers of the royal family.

Although still young and inexperienced, she yearns to see all of Hyrule with her own eyes and become as great as a warrior as her father, even though it seems unlikely that she will ever reach his level.

((Okay, I REALLY hope I did okay with this... First time making an RP here and all, I hope I don't fail to disappoint.))

Edited by Stormsworder (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

This looks like it's going to be fun! :D

Name: Natu

Appearance: Hair color and style similar to SSBB Shiek, only about a foot shorter in the back. Green eyes with a small, fang shaped scar above the left one. He he weighs about 130 pounds. He wears a long-sleeved black tunic with white underclothes. He also wears Kokiri boots. He is always chewing on wheat grass.

Weapons: A basic two-handed sword he wears at his side. The hilt and handle are wrapped in leather. It has "Neeta" written on the blade as a tribute to his late mother.

Personality: Sarcastic and bold. He is not above harmless pranks and is entertained by people's frustration twoard him. However, he is serious during battle, and won't let anything stand in the way of victory.

Home: The Sacred grove.

Bio: His mother, Neeta, was killed by bulbins when he was 5. His father then taught him swordplay, so he would not meet the same fate.

Then, when his home, Kakariko Village, was covered in twilight, his father was killed by the twilight beasts. He hid in the hot spring until the twilight receded, then sought refuge in the forest. He trained there, seeking to avenge his parents by fighting against the twilight army and their allies.

How's it look?

Edited by swordplaymaster12 (see edit history)

Posted

Um... Twilight Princess... There's no Kokiri forest.

Also, Stalfos are only located in the Arbiter's Grounds during Twilight Princess, if I'm not mistaken. Someone may need to correct me on that.

the whole "killing every hostile beast in existence" part... Well, one that's physically impossible... and two, that just seems like something plain and flat to me.

Posted

Okay I edited the parts that conflict with the game and also some stuff about his sword.

the whole "killing every hostile beast in existence" part... Well, one that's physically impossible... and two, that just seems like something plain and flat to me

Your saying you've never had a phisiclaly impossible goal? And how is it flat?

Posted

Mmm.... Nope. And I'm probably speaking from my experience in being in so many other RPs. It just seems... I dunno, uninspired for a goal. Something that's been done countless times before. Of course, mine's probably the same way, eh... But I digress. This is just me being nitpicky I suppose.

Posted

Name: Link

Appearance: Just like in the game

Weapons: Ordon sword and Hylian Shield

Personality: Same as TP

Home: Ordon Villiage

Bio: Same as TP

Posted

Just outta curiosity is this the RP you were talking about that hurt your hands yesterday?

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it is.

Lego, I'm going to need to see a sample of your RPing skills before I allow you to take Link. Just standard protocol for me in RPs when someone wants an important canon char.

Posted (edited)

Not much to look at, but from what I've seen... Sorry, but no. You control other peoples' characters in your posts, which is a big "NO" in my book. You'll have to go with an OC man. Not to mention how you RP... not the worst I've seen, but it could be seriously improved.

Posted (edited)

Ok I can control characters just a little in that RP which is what I did.

Edited by LegoBonez (see edit history)

Posted

Your very first post on Forth Wall, you controlled both Savanti's character Tyler and Umbreon's character Kerri.

Posted (edited)

In that RP you can have characters say something in your post. I mean just look at the other posts in that RP.

Posted (edited)

Name: Eskill

Appearance: Almost like Link except brown hair

Weapons: A small iron sword and Hylian shield

Personality: Shy but is a nice guy if your his friend, but is viscous in battle.

Home: Hyrule Castle town

Bio: He comes from a rich family that stared a museum right outside castle town. When Hyrule Castle exploded he almost lost his life. After he heeled he started to practice with the sword. He doesn't know why he suddenly started a liking in swordplay.

Well don't blame me for the lame Bio this is my 4th RP

Posted

I'm very liberal about power-playing, so is savanti, I really only feel it's bad when you make them do something they wouldn't... With single forum based RPs its also kinda necessary to power play to that point otherwise it gt hard to continue... Anyways...

Adding bio when I finish it