The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

*goes to input an age-limit rule for characters*

if he's that young, I believe he would find it VERY difficult to be carrying a steel sword and a Hylian shield. Heck, my character has a one-handed sword, but she has to hold it two-handed because she's not that strong. Make him a bit older, and give a reason as to why he would want to take up arms and stuff. If he'll be your character throughout the RP, you'll want to flesh him out and stuff, make him seem almost real.

And here I go again on my writer's tangent... >>;

Depending on how this goes, I might only allow it in certain amounts... but if someone blows it big time, I'd probably have to do something. I remember Rain telling me about some RP he did, where this one guy ended a Twili invasion in two sentences of his post and managed to defeat every single one of them...

Posted (edited)

Ok... well I'm going to edit my guy a little to fit some of those. well he got smashed on the head and he took up swordplay for some reason.

Edited by LegoBonez (see edit history)

Posted

That would be GMing. Anyways Bio

Name:Mera

Race:Sheikah (cause I want to be original and a Greudo won't work for the kind of weapon I want to use)

Appearance:A slender lithe girl with silver-platinum bond hair. She wears the stereotypical (for lack of a better word) sheikah bodysuit, but also carries a dress with her for when she has to travel through towns,

Weapons:A well tempered, magically reinforced Rapier (in other words a usually fragile dueling sword made so it won't break.)

Personality:A curious young woman shrouded in mystery. (yes it's short but the way it's short makes it incredibly deep)

Home:N/A Traveler.

Bio:A young sheikah trained by her tribe to be a great fighter. Having just reached the age of womanhood she decided to travel and see the world in which she lives in.

Posted

Hm... I suppose that you'll be revealing her past over the course of the story, then... *nods slightly* Alright, guess that looks good to me.

I think I'm just used to places where the bios for characters are pretty big... but not everyone here RPs like that I suppose. heh, so you guys'll need to bear with me. I'm one who's still trying to figure out how to run an RP without it dying. ><

Posted

Well it seems like we have enough people to start.

Posted

Uh yeah sure... that work... the truth is I'm low on muse... I understand how you feel...

Posted

Wow this is already two pages and we haven't started yet.

lol I just noticed you forgot to put something in your character creator.

Wait a minute. your "Champion Blade" sounds a lot like the Master Sword

Posted

Wait, what about my character creator...?

And if it does, it wasn't meant to. I forgot what sword I was looking at when I did its description in my story, then moved it to here. Think a mixture of two of the swords I have hanging up in my room... or maybe from one of the other games I have.

Posted

Well you missed an important part of your character creator. Which is the gender option. just to point it out.

Can we start now? we have four people

Posted

Alright, fixed... I haven't seen sword on though... You vote yes for starting this up, too, Umbreon?

Posted

Sure why not... But some else needs to start as I lack muse... I can continue (meekly) but not start...

Posted

((Alright. Finished watching this episode of Gmod Idiot Box, trying to not take a nap again... Here goes.))

Danielle sighed softly, walking down the streets of Castle Town while looking around at the crowds. She had slipped out of the castle to avoid her nobility lessons once again, much to the ire of her teacher. Of course, her idea of a relaxing day did not involve sitting there listening to a strict old lady who talked about how important it was to act lady-like. It was frustrating, having them try and make her into something she wasn't. Why couldn't they just let her do what she wanted with her life? She didn't doubt that soon, the knights who had been training with her in swordplay would be ordered to cease as punishment for her skipping out on her lessons.

So what? Big deal if I'm not a noble lady. It's my life, and I'm free to make my own decisions... right?

Kicking at a pebble on the stone path, the youth adjusted at the strap for her scabbard, trying to make it comfortable. She had to get used to the weight of carrying her sword with her, and that was taking some time. Everyone here seems to have gone back to their normal lives after what happened, she thought to herself. I suppose I shouldn't blame them. It was two years ago, after all. I'm just having trouble moving on at times I suppose. It's hard... Yeah, father got on my nerves, but I still loved him... something I never had the chance to tell him.

Posted

Eskill was at his normal daily sword training. Today's lesson was on defensive moves. But what happened? All I remember is... "Block!" yelled his tutor. Then Eskill was knocked to the ground. "Ow!" he yelled as hes hit the floor. "You should focus Eskill." his tutor said. "I was thinking" he said "About what?" "About what happened two years ago. I don't remember what." "Well right now you should focus on your lessons."

Posted

Ooc: Has this RP died already!?! I had high hopes for this.

Posted

((One, don't double-post. Two, I'm waiting for other people to post.))