The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Mera walked through the halls of the castle with Danielle. As she passed she received stares from some of the guards most of which were if ignored, but when the occasional whisper was heard she stared right back, her blood red eyes discouraging the whispers and stares. As they approached the entrance to the throne room Mera started to adjust her posture so that sh appeared tall and strong and her hand moved to her sword. When they entered the room Mera fastened her pace leaving Danielle behind and did not stop until she was in front of the steps to the throne. Then she pulled hr sword as she dropped to her knees.

"Milady. I am Mera, one of the dwindling Sheikah race. I am here to pledge my fealty to you as head of the royal family as my ancestors did so many years ago."

She awaited Zelda to take her sword and accept her pledge.

Edited by Umbreon (see edit history)

Posted

Danielle shot Mera a double-take as the Sheikah left her behind upon entering the throne room, the youth just shaking her head. "Yeah, I don't matter, considering the fact that had you not been with me, the guards would be trying to apprehend you," she muttered under her breath as she slowly walked forward.

The Princess of Hyrule looked down at Mera, slightly surprised by the sudden entrance of the Sheikah. A faint smile crept at the corners of her lips as she took the rapier from the youth. It was of fine craftsmanship, and she could tell it had a powerful enchantment on it. "As surprised as I am at this encounter... I, Princess Zelda of Hyrule, accept your pledge of fealty to myself and the royal family." Pressing the flat of the steel blade gently to Mera's shoulders, she motioned for the youth to rise. "To see a Sheikah once more within the halls of Hyrule Castle... I must admit I am somewhat surprised." She turned the blade until its point faced the floor, handing it back to Mera. "Was it your desire to serve the royal family that brought you here... or perhaps also the dangers that have been threatening Hyrule as of late?"

Danielle stayed a bit behind Mira, listening silently, an interested expression on her face. It seemed more like Zelda was expecting this person to come. Well, she does bear the Triforce of Wisdom... and I know from experience that she sometimes sees visions of the future. Perhaps that's how she knew this Mera character was coming.

Posted

"Both. I know that dark forces have been threatening, and I feel it is my duty as a Sheikah to serve the royal family" She said as she accepted her sword back. If it is alright with you I would like to have a tour of the Castle. Hard to serve if I don't know my way around."

Posted

"Very well. Danielle here will show you around. When you are finished, both of you return here. There are matters I wish to discuss with you."

Great. So I'm stuck showing someone around the castle. Well, anything's better than my lessons I suppose... Danielle thought to herself, frowning as she turned and headed out of the throne room.

"And Mera..." Zelda spoke in a softer tone. "As you have pledged yourself to the service and defense of the royal family... It would be important to know that Danielle falls under that category, even if she herself is unaware of it." Sitting down once more in the throne, Zelda nodded for Mera to go ahead and take her leave.

Posted

Mera walked the halls near silently only speaking when a question was asked, and then she used the least words possible. When they reached the dungeon one of the cells caught her eye with who was in it. As she approached she only realized she had been right.

"I've seen you before. I know, you were at that bar. Washing the dishes." She said as she stood seemingly towering over him in an ironic manner. She who was the one he was trying to get arrested standing watching him, with her blood red eyes that betrayed no emotion, through the bars of a castle dungeon cell.

Posted

Man, why am I stuck with someone who is so strange and creepy? She just about never talks, and she's just so intimidating in general, Danielle thought to herself, noticing Mera speaking with one of the prisoners being detained in the dungeon. Since Mera pretty much never said much of anything, she opted to not really bother asking her any questions and only giving the essential details. Mera couldn't be much older than Danielle, yet there was just something about her... Danielle didn't doubt in the slightest that Mera would easily be able to beat her in combat.

"Hmph... I wonder what the princess wants to discuss when this little tour is over," she murmured under her breath, leaning back against a wall while Mera conversed with the prisoner.

Posted

"Yes," said Natu to Mera,"I followed you here because I thought you were breaking in. Though it seems I was wrong. I wanted to ask you something. Your sword, it seems, different. A woman of your abilities shouldn't have such a thin and fragile weapon."

Posted

"You're not the first who has asked about that. A large, bulky sword does not fit my style of fighting. This sword is not only tempered so that it will not break, but magically reinforced so it would be stronger." She enjoyed talking about her weapon unlike most other things. "I will be at you're trial tomorrow to ensure your release." She turned to Danielle pausing to say, "Shall we be on our way." then she started off on her own. "I would prefer not to keep the princes waiting."

Posted (edited)

Danielle was noticeably shocked by how much Mera had said. She had gone from quietly speaking only a few words to having a bit of a conversation. "Um, a-alright." She pushed away from the wall, following after Mera. Apparently she remembered the layout of the castle already if she wanted to lead the way. I feel like a bumbling fool with her... Sighing, she shook her head as the pair returned to the throne room.

------------

In the throne room, Zelda lifted her head slightly as the two returned. She couldn't help but be amused at how intimidated Danielle appeared to be of Mera. But who would blame her? The Sheikah were known as a race that lived in the shadows, deadly efficient in combat. She had made sure Danielle learned of them during her time in the castle. "Thank you, Danielle. Now, what I wish to discuss with you..." Closing her eyes, the princess began. "With the road to the desert cleared, treasure hunters and foolhardy adventurers have been making their way there... I have heard of strange happenings in the Arbiter's Grounds. Many who enter never return. While it has a rather... haunted reputation as it is, with the new surge in trouble across the land, I fear something terrible is brewing there." She opened her eyes, staring at Danielle. "I wish for you to go with a contingent of knights to investigate what is happening there..."

Danielle recoiled slightly, not expecting this at all, but she nodded her head. She wants me to go? But why? Does she believe I'm skilled enough to go with them now...?

"And Mera, although you have sworn loyalty to the royal family, you are not forced to remain here. If you wish you can accompany her, or you can remain in town for the time being. The expedition will be leaving later today for the desert, though..."

Edited by Stormsworder (see edit history)

Posted

"With the happenings going on the the desert I feel it would be best if I'm to join them. But with the manner in which you ended you sentence I figure there is something else which you could not find the words to express. If there is something you wish of me to do just let it be known, and it shall be done." She said with a bow.

Posted

At this, Zelda couldn't help but smirk. "I'm aware of a certain prisoner being held captive that was trying to warn the guards of your entry, and that his trial is tomorrow. I assume you wish to be there in his defense, correct?"

Posted

Ooc: YES! Finally. Hey I would like to ask. can I be in the "contingent of knights"? PLZ!

Posted

"Why indeed. I forgot. New travels fast in this castle. Quite the predicament. If there were only a way I could be in both places." She said while rubbing her temples to help her figure out a solution to her predicament.

Posted (edited)

As Natu sat on the floor of his cell, he found himself thinking aloud about the twilight.

"Why havent I heard anymore about them? And how come the black clouds just went away?"

"You have questions?" said an unfamiliar voice. The voice seemed to belong to an elderly man.I t came from the next cell over.

"Yes, yes I do. Do you have answers?" Natu asked as he stood up.

"I do." the man replied, and then he began to speak of legends and myths revolving the Twilight realm. He then spoke of what had happened 2 years ago, when the world turned dark and a youth in green brought the light back by killing Zant and Ganondorf.

"So, Zant is dead? And twilight army doesn't exist anymore?" asked Natu.

"Yes." said the strange man.

He sank down onto the cold, hard bed. Although he should have been happy that his parents' killer was already dead, he couldn't manage to smile.All that time spent training in the forest was for nothing. His plan for revenge had already been carried out. Without Zant, he had nobody to take his rage and hatred out on. There was nothing left for him. He started to cry.

Edited by swordplaymaster12 (see edit history)

Posted

((No. Absolutely not.))

"Unfortunately, no one is that skilled..." Zelda smiled faintly. "I believe that the expedition will be able to manage. It is but a simple scouting of the area."

So that's why she's sending me on this. It won't be anything particular dangerous, so she knows I'll return safely, Danielle thought to herself, lifting her head as the Princess looked towards her.

"You should go to prepare, Danielle. The knights are all ones you know very well. In fact, they are your mentors for your sword-training." Danielle's jaw dropped slightly, causing Zelda to laugh a bit. "Do not worry. I will not inform your nobility teacher, although you may want to start attending your lessons soon so that the knights don't get in trouble."

"Y-yes, milady," she stammered, stepping back and bowing before turning and hurrying out of the throne room. She couldn't help but feel excited. She was finally getting to get out of Castle Town and do something.

Shaking her head while smiling, Zelda turned her attention now to Mera once more. "We will prepare quarters for you in the castle. I must say I'm impressed that you wish to defend a person you do not know in a trial, but I suppose I should not be surprised considering his attempt at reporting you was why he was apprehended in the first place. He was rather hot-headed in trying to struggle against the guards though..."