The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

Ooc: That's okay. but where does my character fit in the story?

Bic: Eskill was in the basement looking for a weapon for a customer. "Man, where is it?" he said to himself. Right when he said it a form was moving across the wall. "Hey, stop!" he yelled as the shape moved away. Eskill drew his sword and ran in pursuit.

Ooc: This is not, and I repeat NOT someone's character. I have a suggestan though.

Posted (edited)

Alneia returned to the house to find a letter in Stark's mouth. He was waiting outside the door for Alneia. She picked up the slightly soggy letter and read.

Alneia,

I ammend my earlier letter. Met me now.

X.

She turned to Stark and said "Looks like we're going to be going somewhere." Stark woofed softly and the two of them walked to the tower door entrance. The door opened into a room, closet sized, that housed a ladder and several boxes. She climbed the ladder while Stark made his way up the boxes. At the top of the tower a man waited. With brown hair and dark eyes he stared intently into Alneia's red ones. Stark growled at him and stood a little closer to Alneia. He spoke "I have a job for you." Alneia didn't take her eyes from him as she said "What is it?"

"The desert." Alneia instantly knew what kind of man this one was. "You want me to investigate?" He nodded. "Alright. But, what do you have to gain in the desert?" "That's not important. Will you do the job?" Alneia nodded. Since this sorta of thing was what she did regualarly. She walked back down the tower and looked at the gate leading out of the town. It was open so, Alneia and Stark walked through it and towards the distant desert.

OOC: It is okay for them to meet in the desert right?

Edited by Adn (see edit history)

Posted

As Gwirion slouched out of the shop he had grown to hate, he sighed. Having to work at that place while being ridiculed by the populace of castle town was bad enough. As he staggered into his shabby apartment, he saw a creamy white envelope lying on his bedside table. Frowning, he picked it up, opened it, and read:

Gwirion

Meet me in Telma's bar. You'll know me by sight. We have your next assignment.

Auru

Gwirion sighed. He was already tired from manning the counter all day. As he trudged out of his apartment, he resolved to work off his debt as quickly as possible.

In Telma's bar, Auru explained his next mission. He was to enter the Arbiters grounds and investigate strange activities. Gwirion shuddered. He had seen that place while investigating the Bulblin encampment. It lokked like a place where evil spirits resided. As he left the bar, he noticed a contigent of knights led by two women, one finely dressed enough to be nobility and the other with the blood-red eyes of a Sheikah. Intrigued, he noticed they were heading in the direction of the gerudo desert. As he walked out of the gates, he resolved to 'accidentally' stumble across them later.

Posted (edited)

Eskill was chasing the shape until it was at a wall. Then the shape started going left, Eskill running as fast as he could. As soon as the wall ended at a shelf of weapons the shape move towards a hole in the wall and crawled through it. The tunnel ended in the sewers. The shape was now shown as a tall man in a dark cloak with a sword on his back. He drew his sword, and Eskill did the same. They were locked in battle Eskill swinging as hard as he could, the thief blocking all of them, but just barely. Then the thief knocked Eskill down and ran away. Eskill got up and ran after him. The thief coming up to a ladder, started to climb out. Eskill, not wanting for him to get away, climbed up the ladder. The thief was running away into the street, and ran into a fruit stand. "Stop, thief!" Eskill yelled. When a Hyrule knight saw Eskill coming and saw the thief he drew his blade and pointed it at him. "Is the man your looking for?" "Yes" Eskill said panting "Well then your under arrest" the guard to the thief. "Dang. So close." said the thief.

Edited by LegoBonez (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

((NONE of you are meeting with my char and the knights in the desert. None of you. Period.

Toonlink, it's just my char and the knights going. Umbreon's char is NOT going. My character is NOT leading the knights. You can NOT go to the desert until I advance to the next day.

Lego, I'm not even going to COMMENT on that thing of thief running into the knights. Just no. I'm completely ignoring how you just got your char to run into mine. I have a plan of how the beginning is going to happen, and you guys will get involved when I change the day to the next day. Okay? Just trust me on this. You'll see why))

Edited by Stormsworder (see edit history)

Posted

...okay then.

Posted (edited)

Well this wasn't a way for my char to go with yours. it was just a way they run into each other. Okay I'll wait. I've also edited it so the thief is caught by a different guard. So let's see what happens. *waits patently at computer*

Edited by LegoBonez (see edit history)

Posted

OOC: I just realized that Natu's personality isn't what my description says. He isn't as much of a jerk as I thought he would be.

Incidentally, I also just realized that Natu is the name of a pokemon. I wasn't trying to, I actually wanted to make it sound like a mideval version of Nathan.

:P Oh well.

Posted

It was later in the day, night having fallen now over the land of Hyrule by the time the knights reached the Gerudo Desert and began the trek across the sands to the Arbiter's Grounds. Thankfully, the desert was much cooler at night...

"Calus, what do you think has been happening to those adventurers?" Danielle questioned aloud, interested on hearing the theories of her mentors.

"Probably got attacked by thieves, that's what. I hear the Gerudo have been getting closer to Hyrule. Ever since that war so long ago, they've never even dared come close." He frowned, resting his lance on his shoulder. "I say we should just drive them back, or finish them once and for all."

Danielle frowned at this. Apparently some still bore harsh sentiments towards the Gerudo. But of course, who could blame them? She turned her gaze now towards the towering structure up ahead, shivers running up her spine. At night, it seemed even more ominous than in daylight. Now is no time to be getting cold feet... We have a job to do.

Without warning, one of the other knights spun around and drew his blade, pointing it around in the darkness and causing his fellow knights to all draw their weapons. "Brent, what is it?" the leader of the band asked.

"I... I thought I heard something behind me. Must just be my imagination..." Obviously nervous, the young knight turned and lowered his blade, just as what seemed to be decrepit bandages burst from the sand, wrapping around him. Danielle gasped, recoiling as she locked eyes with the terrified young Hylian before he was jerked beneath the sands, vanishing from sight.

"What... what in the name of the goddesses WAS that?!"

Danielle drew her blade, gripping it tightly in her hands now as a shape burst from the sands. But it wasn't a monster. It was the emaciated corpse of the young knight who had been pulled beneath the sand. In only a few seconds, all of the life had been drained out of him. His body was sinewy, every bone in it visible. As soon as Brent's body hit the ground, something began tunneling towards them...

"RUN!!!"

Posted

Ooc: Whoa. That was intense.

Posted

Mera paced in her room. She was unable to rest. She felt that something had gone wrong, what it was she didn't know. Maybe it was the group sent out to arbiter's grounds, or maybe something else. But what ever it was was depriving her of her sleep.

Posted

Night had fallen many hours ago. Alneia looked up at the dark sky and sighed. She'd always felt more comfortable during the nighttime. Stark's white coat seemed to gleam like a beacon and with the strange happenings around Hyrule, that probably wasn't good. She drew her bow and said to Stark. "We'd better stay somewhere for the night." He woofed his agreement and Alneia looked around. They had long passed Castle Town and were much closer to Lake Hylia. Based on this she concluded they would just have to keep going. Alneia looked down at Stark and sighed again. This might be trickier than I'd thought. Stark yawned pointedly at her and she kept walking towards the lake.

It was then that she red eyes stopped something, a cave of sorts. "It's better than pulling an all-nighter." she convinced herself as a nagging feeling told her that resting in a cave probably wasn't a good idea. Stark seemed to see this too and ran over to it, sat down inside it and closed his eyes. Alneia started over to the cave and sat down next to Stark. Her alert Sheikah eyes watching the night as she sat in the cave. Eventually, concluding that nothing was out there, she fell asleep.

Posted

Natu had been crying softly for hours now. The only light in the entire dungeon was a small window near the entrance, yet, as his tears fell to the floor, Natu could see the moon reflected off them.

I musn't cry over this, he thought. I can still do something with my life.

Nothing is a waste of time. Everything is preperation for something bigger. This was something his father said to him whenever he failed to do something correctly. It echoed in his mind until he collapsed on the hard stone of the cell bed.

Posted

((Alright, should be a bit calmer around here now. I suppose I'll go ahead and initiate the time change))

The next day seemed to be as normal as ever, although Zelda seemed a bit anxious most of the day. Something was troubling her, but she never let on to what it was. Sitting in the throne room, she let her thoughts drift to the strange happenings that had plagued the land and the group of soldiers who were to investigate some of them. Would they run into any trouble? Would they be able to handle whatever they had to face?

-----------------

Natu's trial began rather early in the day, the soldiers coming to take him from his cell.

Posted

Alneia awoke the next morning to several sharp barks from Stark. She sat up and grabbed her bow, barely awake. The desert is up ahead. she thought dimly through the haze of her mind. Stark stopped barking and Alneia walked over to the mouth of the cave. 'Come on Stark, let's get going." The dog followed after her and Alneia barely registered the fact that Stark was walking closer to her then usual.

A few hours later Alneia and Stark were standing at the very edge of the desert, just having reached it. "Next time I think I'll walk." Alneia said, brushing hair out of her eyes while Stark barked his agreement. The pair started to walk across the endless expanse of sand and heat. Alneia thought it was too quiet and Stark seemed to be sensing the same thing. She watched Stark's ear fold back as the continued across the sea of sand. The wind carried a single word over to her.

"R-!"