The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

Ooc: This is progress

Bic: Eskill was passing a news stand to buy a paper, because some of his friends were talking about some trial to happen later today. When he picked up a paper he saw a picture of the same guy he saw leaving the weapons store the other day. "Hmm, let's see..." he said as he read through the article. "Attacking a guard to break into the castle?" Eskill read. "Hmm, why would he try to break into the castle?" Then he remembered the shadow jumping across the rooftops, and someone following it. "That could've been him." Eskill said.

Posted

As the trial began Mera stood in the room where it was taking place. She wished to be the first to testify. She watched as the guards brought Natu into the room and then waited for her time

Posted

Once he was brought in, the charges against Natu were read to those assembled.

------------------

Zelda stopped as a sweat- and sand-covered soldier suddenly ran into the throne room, followed by two of the royal guards that had tried to stop him at first when they realized that he was one of the soldiers who had just left on the expedition the day before. "P-Princess! It... it was terrible... the... these monsters! They... they attacked!"

At this the princess rose to her feet, eyes narrowing. "What?" She knew that the soldiers would be able to handle just normal soldiers, so what did they face that caused this one to look so terrified, to flee and leave behind his comrades?

"They... they came from the sand! Everyone else fled for the Arbiter's Grounds... and I barely escaped with my life!"

I knew something dark had happened... but I wish it hadn't. Does this mean that the others are still alive?

Posted

Natu heard the man's story, and felt a strong desire to help him and whoever else was attacked by these monsters. But he wasn't sure if he should should even suggest helping the closest people to royalty while he was being tried for crimes against them.

Posted

((*hits head on desk* they are not holding the trial in the throne room, they hold it elsewhere and Princess Zelda is not attending it. -_- So he cannot have heard about what happened.))

Posted

Haha. Looks like you're having trouble controlling your RP. XD

Too late for me to join?

Name: Ryu

Race: Gerudo

Appearance: Dark skin, reddish hair, white baggy pants, no shirt.

Weapons: A 6-foot, wooden halberd, with a large chunk of sharpened steel at the end, with red grip around the center to protect against splinters and raw skin. Two golden hilted scimitars at his waist, with a large ruby in the center of one hand-guard, a sapphire in the other.

Personality: Kind and polite, always helps those in need. Never really jokes around unless he sees the perfect opening for one. Lightly trained in the use of both halberd and double-scimitars, never had a good opportunity to use them.

Home: Desert Nomad, no real home.

Bio: Ryu is the only Gerudo male, making him prince, as he isn't yet old enough to rule entirely. He is bored of leading the female-nomad-warriors, and wishes for something exciting to happen.

After his mother died and the corruption over him ended, he began leading his people into the long forgotten parts of the desert. His main troop heading to the ruins of the old fortress. He hopes dearly to meet a Hylian, as all outsiders greatly interest him.

Is that okay? I fear I went too far with being 'Prince of the Gerudo'. Let me know what's wrong with it and I'll change it.

Posted

((i suppose I'm just used to RPing with uber-literate RPers... Not too late for you to join. Actually glad to have someone who is a Gerudo, too. Hm... if we go with the timeline that the Ganondorf from TP is the one from Ocarina of Time when his rebellion was stopped early, then the 100 years would have passed for another male to be born... so go ahead. :D))

Posted

Great. I dunno where to start...

Hrrm...

Ryu stepped out of his tent, meeting the pleasantly warm morning air. All the previous fires had been extinqueshed, leaving blackened spaces on the sand. A few warriors were awake, which was a surprise to him. Normally he was first awake, must have slept in. He spotted the western scout running towards their camp at full pelt, shouting something inaudible, the wind scrambling the words and making it sound like jibberish.

As she got closer Ryu realised she had blood on her, and her weapon was snapped in half. Parts of her cloak were ripped up too, she'd been in a close call. A Gerudo warrior ran half-way to meet her, then shouted back, sending a chain reaction of yelling to Ryu. He understood the word all too well.

"MOLDORMS!!"

Posted

Ooc: I'm glad we have someone new here. I've got nothing right now.

Posted

Me either. That was a very petty post. They're usually much better. :\

Posted (edited)

Ooc: Stormsworder you got anything?

Edited by LegoBonez (see edit history)

Posted

((spm needs to fix his post, and Umbreon needs to respond to whatever he puts for the plot at Hyrule Castle to continue on... Ryu, your char seems to be the most likely to go to Arbiter's Grounds and not be involved with the main party that will form in Castle Town, which is an interesting difference.))

Panting, trembling, the terrified young Danielle slumped back against the cold stone wall behind her, sliding down into a sitting position as she clutched her head. Elsewhere in the Arbiter's Grounds she could hear the strangled screams of fear and pain as something hunted down the brave Hylian knights who had managed to flee into the structure. Whatever was after them, it was far more powerful than any monster the young Hylian had ever heard of. Once caught, death was inevitable. It sucked the life from its prey, leaving a dried husk of sinewy flesh and bone. The sand wasn't safe to be near, as it seemed to travel with ease through it. How many winding passages through the rock beneath the sand provided the ancient beast access to all areas of the ruin?

She resisted the urge to whimper in fear, her sword clutched tightly in her hand. Even the smallest sound might alert the abomination to her hiding spot.

Would she die here, alone in this cold, forbidden ruin, her only companions the spirits of the criminals who had once been executed here and the knights that were being hunted down one by one?

Posted

Name: Roark

Race: Hume

Appearance: 5' 4"; medium weight; average build; brown eyes; tan skin; hair that could have looked neat save for some loosely placed hairs, some on end; dark brown waistcoat, black gloves, white shirt, black tie with 'S' embroidered on the end in white, black trousers, creased down the centre, extending to his polished black shoes.

Weapons: A dagger hidden beneath his waistcoat.

Personality: Jumpy and seemingly uncomfortable wherever he is, acts drastically in dire situations, impatient, naiive and loyal to those he trusts but cautious of the unknown.

Home: Currently working in Castletown, so has no real home.

Bio: Brought up in a country far to the north of Hyrule, he is travelling with a businessman who is selling wares from their home country, and acting as the man's guard aswell as the guard of their stall in the town.

Posted (edited)

If Ryu didn't do something, and quick. Many of his people would be slaughtered. He glanced around quickly, his brain working hard to find a solution. And... there!

Ancient ruins, the Moldorms couldn't access them very easily, they'd have to bust through the stone first, and then, his warriors could take it down when it was weak and vulnerable. Perfect!

"To the ruins, there!" He shouted. All his people began a speedy, yet orderly move to the safety of the ruins. His two bodyguards came up behind him and grabbed on to either arm, hauling him along between them, his feet skimming the sand as he attempted to run. He glanced to the large sand dune where his scout had first come over, and saw an explosion of sand, a few of his warriors were dangerously close to that area.

"We have to save them, now!" He shouted.

"Of course sir, but we have to get you to safety first." The one on the right said.

"No!" He protested. "We have to go now, or it will be too late!"

Both his guards audibly sighed, he could tell they were tired from the miserably long trek yesterday, and all they wanted was his safety, but they could not deny his orders.

"You get the Prince to the ruins!" The one on his left said, pulling away and charging towards almost certain doom.

"You have to help her, I can run the rest of the way." Ryu said, yanking away and running towards the rest of his warriors.

Edited by Ryu (see edit history)

Posted

((Okay, something you need to know... all the Hylians are already inside of the Arbiter's Grounds... none of them are outside. They fled their the day before, and a whole day has passed since they were chased inside... So none of them are outside for your char to hear. And what's attacking the knights is something different entirely))