The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

Ooc: I was just saying.

Here is why swordplaymaster12 isn't here:

The Master shall be gone for a while. I'm going to my grandparent's house untill the 10th and they don't have ecxeptional connection there.

I'll be leaving first thing tomorow.

posted on: July 31st

Posted (edited)

((I'm going to try not to get in any ones way, though I think once the story starts to play out I'll be able to do something with the Bulbins. If all else fails, King Bulbin can become a minor villain under the greater evil, though I'm leaning away from that.))

Name: King Bulbin. At least that's what he insists to be called.

Race: Bulbin, of the bigger puggyer vairity.

Appearence: Big fat green skined humaniod with a pair of horns coming out of the head. Large arms, tiny legs and feet. Armor covering most of they body. Beady red eyes. Oh, yes, he's totally massive.

Weapons: A large wooden club, with a spiked cap mounted at the top. It's far to heavy for the average Bulbin to lift, and only a very strong individual can weild it. Besides the club, he has a few other weapons that he rarely uses, such as knives and spears. He also has a large band of Bulbins and the mighty Lord Bulbo at his comand, though he prefers to fight alone.

Personality: Big, tough, proud, greedy, bossy, and stubbern. These perhaps are the words that best describe King Bulbin. Powerful and not that bright, he firmly believes that the strongest are ment to lead, and cannot tolerate weakness in anything. He cares about little save himself, but feels it is his duty to protect his people, and takes the utmost responsibility in leading them. Though tight liped and prefering actions to words, he is in fact very skilled with langueges and can understand the tongues of monsters as well as humans. Having a warriors heart he is always ready for a battle, and acts on a strange sense of honor very different from what traditional chivalry intales. This, combined with his might is right philosophy and total lack of alligence to the Royal Family have lead to conflict with loyal subjects and favour from conquerors. Dispite this, he has a odd admiration for the Hero Link, do to him defeating not only King Bulbin himself, but also his former master Zant.

Home: Traveling, has several small camps set up around Hyrule. Likely native of the woods.

Bio: Born to highest caste clan of Bulbins, he was trained sense childhood to fight and to always serve the strongest. Bound to the great hog Lord Bulbo, he's commaded the Bulbin hords for years, and demands absolute respect from them. He and many other monsters were called forth when Zant prepared his invasion of Hyrule, and was given the exalted rank of lieutenant in exchange to spread the twilight over the kingdom. However, the Hero Chosen by the Gods-Link-interviend and reversed all of Zant's doings. King Bulbin tried to alliminate him several times, but failed, eventually surrendering and alowing Link to do as he wished. When Link ultimately defeated Zant, he came to see the Hylain as the greatest warrior there was and humbled himself to him. King Bulbin is now trying to give his race new purpose and bring peace between them and the rest of Hyrules peoples. Unfortunatly, many Bulbins have deserted him, and now act without guidence, sacking and killing as they did before. Only the most loyal and most cowardly still serve him. He continues to strive for unity and good relations with other races.

((Will that do?))

Edited by Ivo-goji (see edit history)

Posted

((Hmmm... Yep. Also, he definitely wouldn't be under the evil force that's coming, trust me on that. *grins*))

Posted

(( I'm thinking of joining since I haven't RPed on this site as of yet. I'm not sure what kind of character to create yet, though. :/ Maybe a male Hylian? ))

Posted

((Yes you can join, but who you make is entirely up to you.))

Posted (edited)

Name: Mugo

Race: Hylian

Appearance: He stands at an average height of five foot ten with a slim athletic build, his skin mostly sun burnt and freckled rather than any kind of tan from all of his long days in the sun with a light brown stubble on his thin face. He has short light brown hair only a few inches in length that doesn't even meet to reach his thick eyebrows or his grayish blue eyes that usually squint from less than average eyesight, but only when he tries to see things from far away. Mugo can commonly be found with a dark blue wool tunic and a white linen undershirt with a brown leather belt and dark blue wool split chausses, brown leather turn shoes protecting his feet from nails, hooks, and other such objects that find their way to the ground to assault them. His hands are sun burnt on the tops, and the insides are worn and calloused and cracked from many a year as a fisherman.

Weapons: A simple short sword for fighting off bandits and the monsters that have somehow found their way back into the lands of Hyrule. A hunting dagger, obviously meant only to skin and cut animals worth eating.

Personality: He's not one to push into anything unnessicarily, and tries to hold back on any large decision until he feels it vital to make a move. Of course, his attitude changes when it is a person's life in the balance and will try and come to their aide, though fearfully. Of course, courage doesn't have to mean that somebody is not fearful of what could happen to them while going forward into danger. He enjoys stopping often on journeys to get a bit of something in his stomach, usually irritating anybody who travels with him if they are high strung. He absolutely hates bugs, most of all beetles. After finding out that the big thing that had been sloshing around in the water two years back was not a fantastic new fish to capture, but a gigantic beetle type of insect that could have very easily killed and eaten him, he about lost it and wouldn't go into the water with his boat for at least a month until somebody could finally convince him that it was dead thanks to some man named 'Link' and he had nothing to fear.

Home: Lake Hylia

Bio: Mugo was born and raised in Kakariko Village, both of his parents still alive even after the attack only two years ago, having fled just in time before they were attacked very heavily and made it by the skin of their teeth to Lake Hylia to meet their only son, feeling if anything would happen to them, they should be together. Over a few days, they could start hearing strange noises outside that made their skin crawl, and all Mugo felt he could do since he knew his parents were safe was to keep them inside his shack and well-fed until it would hopefully blow over. Thankfully, it eventually did, and once they got news that Kakariko was safe again, they went back home with a small barrel of fresh fish, only soon after their son fished for them did he come to the realization that there was not a day ago some gigantic beetle in that lake.

Mugo, ever since he was a small child enjoyed to fish with his father, and they'd often travel into the biggest lake in the land for some 'real fishing' as his father would say. He learned to fish, how to take care of and repair small boats, and how to repair fishing rods after many years of the experience. When he came of age, he set off on his own for the dream of being a fisherman, and lived that way for several years, only part of one of those ending up quite bad for business when he wasn't able to travel with what he had, some of the fish he had already caught to sell going bad. Finally, Mugo feels more confident in the safety of Hyrule after there few years, and travels the fields, often going to see his parents in between trips to Castle Town with his fish haul. He goes yet again with a shipment, and has no idea what he'll learn this time around.

((I'll change what you need changed. I'm sorry if it sucks > < ))

Edited by Pumpkin (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

"Ready. Let's hurry and go, as the young lady suggested." She smiled to herself. Obvously Cale didn't know how strong she was. Did he even know who she was. He probably thinks that I'm just a young friend of Danielle's and that I volenteered to do this with no idea what is happening. She smirked. Jee, men can be thick sometimes.

Liz looked behind her and saw the two men that Cale called "Rurik, Blaine" were just behind her. She turned around and sighed. This was going to be a long journey.

Edited by Zelda Drottningu (see edit history)

Posted

((Ah, sorry Pumpkin... forgot to say that your char is cleared.))

As the horses galloped along, Cale leaned forward a bit while gripping the reins, a focused look on his face. "Oh, and please do not take me as a fool, Elizabeth... Being the new commander of the Royal Knights, I was told to protect you by orders of the princess herself... I have heard you are quite skilled with your weapons." He didn't look back as he spoke, speaking loud enough only for Elizabeth to hear him.

They were making good time across the plains, riding on horses instead of going by foot as the other soldiers had... They would make it by sundown, if Blaine's reckoning was right. He rode with his lance strapped to his back, the young strategist wondering just what kind of foe awaited them in the desert.

Posted

As she heard Cale speak, she was surprised that Zelda had told Cale to protect her. It made her feel heartened that she had someone to watch her back.

"Thank you, Cale. I appreciate that." They continued riding accross the plain. Liz suddenly thought of her sword, and how she had to name it. Wyrda, I think thats a good name. Or even evar

Posted (edited)

"Spread the word around the town that we are looking for a group of warriors strong and brave enough to search for a group of knights that went missing in the desert," Princess Zelda spoke to her guard, once more in the throne room. "But be careful not to arouse panic... Things are tense enough as it is among the citizens with the troubles that have spread across the land."

As the soldier saluted and departed, Zelda sat there thinking about the shocking and sudden turn of events. Was the peace they had cherished about to shatter so suddenly? She did not wish to call the hero of the land out of his quiet lifestyle once more just yet, but she had the feeling he would be needed once more...

------------------

Their horses ascended the rough trail into the desert, their speed slowing down just a bit as their steeds now had to traverse the shifting hot sands of the Gerudo Desert. Of course, the heat would have been much worse if they had arrived a few hours earlier in the day. Cale allowed Rurik and Blaine to flank him as they rode towards the towering colossus that was the Arbiter's Grounds. "Keep a sharp eye out. There is no telling where the fiend that attacked the knights is. If you see anything out of the ordinary, report it at once."

((Sleep for me, be back in about... six hours for a short bit.))

Edited by Stormsworder (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

( Oh sorry, I forgot to say that Wyrda (fate) and Evar

Edited by Zelda Drottningu (see edit history)

Posted

((Entirely up to you))

As they neared the ruin, the knights slowed even further, their eyes drifting to where an emaciated, withered corpse laid out in the sand. If it weren't for the fact it bore the armor of a knight of Hyrule, Cale would have thought it was some sort of mummified corpse. "By the goddesses," he whispered. "What sort of creature did this?" He flinched only slightly, having witnessed the horrors of war himself many times.

Blaine frowned slightly, quickly taking his eyes off the corpse and examining the surrounding area. There were faint trails leading towards the grounds, mostly hidden by the sands that had blown over them. It seemed at least most of the force had made it inside... and perhaps that creature with them.

--------------------

A royal knight approached the courtroom as soon as Mera had exited, striding over to her. "Lady Mera, the princess requests your presence immediately."

Posted

"Understood." Mera walked the corridors of the castle to the throne room. "You called milady."

Posted

Zelda nodded slightly as Mera entered the throne room, a frown across her face. "The party of knights I sent out is in grave danger... One escaped from a powerful foe to bring me news that something attacked them and drove them into the Arbiter's Grounds... I have already sent a small group of royal knights to search for any survivors, but I will need your assistance in organizing another team."