The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

"I see. We will bring them back safe." She said keeping her calm and collected manner on the outside, but on the inside she was worried. What of Danielle, the one person she had ever gotten closed enough to call a friend? She stood to a wait further instruction, whither it be about the team she was to form or to be dismissed to do so.

Posted

((Kind of a silly question to ask before I post, but have they rebuilt the Hylian Bridge in those two years?))

Posted (edited)

((Yes, they have. XD))

Zelda knew that Mera was concerned, even though the young Shiekah did her best to hide it. "If there are any that you believe would make good additions to the force that will be sent on this rescue mission, you are permitted to recruit them at your own discretion. I trust your judgment. Move quickly, for there is little time to waste." She motioned with her hand that Mera was dismissed.

Edited by Stormsworder (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

((Okay, cool. I just didn't want him to be going over a bridge that didn't exist xD Now, to posting!))

It was very early in the morning while the day was still dark, and to the unwitting fisherman, only hours since the attack on palace guards and a secret heir of the throne. He had been out on his boat most of that night, and only gave himself a few hours after catching all of his wet and slippery little rupees to get a wink of sleep before the haul over the bridge and eventually the stop in Castle Town. When he did wake from a rather heavy sleep that he could only will himself out of for fear of sleeping right through the optimal time for shipping his goods, he grabbed a bag that was mostly all food for his consumption on the three day journey that he'd be taking while going in a rather large circle around Hyrule to not only visit Caste town, but his parents who would be awaiting him in Kakariko this week before he completed his trip back home again. Luckily for him, the day's travel wouldn't be nearly as long as if he went by foot, and he had invested wisely into a horse drawn cart, pulled by a strong dapple grey shire stallion. The cart itself had a canvas covering, and a strong wooden board holding up the back, as well as chain to keep barrels of fish in their place, rather than the fish sliding around in the back recklessly.

Taking the time to wake, feed, and strap up the horse to the cart as it ate into it's bag of oats, he took the time to carry each barrel of fish to the cart alone, fastening each one in securely and then pushing the back board into place in the off-chance that something could go wrong and fish could end up on the cart floor. After everything had been put into place, he grabbed what little he needed besides the food he already had strapped to his back in his pack, such as his hunting dagger and his short sword with which he tied carefully to his leather belt that was already tied with around his waist, as well as two leather canteens full of water, an oil lamp, and a small wooden box of matches to kindle fires or relight the lamp. He was running low on oil and would have to replenish his supply once he got into Castle Town and sold most of his fish.

By the time he had gotten all he needed and the horse was fed, the sun was already beginning to rise over the ridge of Hylia and was kissing the outer most parts of the opposite ridge with a near silverly light. Not wanting to waste more time, he got what feed he felt was needed for his horse, and then jumped into the front of his cart, grabbing hold of the reigns and flicking them a few times with a short, high pitch whistle. Soon, the cart was at a steady pace and already moving up the steep hillside that lead to the bridge itself, only once they had aligned the cart to pass the grand new bridge of Hylia did he relax a little, swaying with the movements of the cart as he began to hum to himself with what songs he had learned in his short years in these lands. After a few hours he was already delving into his food stuffs as they rode on, chewing on some of his dried and salted meat as they came along the narrow passages that would eventually lead them to the western field of Castle Town. At a little past noon, they finally arrived at the gates of Castle Town, finding very little trouble along the way, only seeing flying and twittering birds gliding along the side of the cart on their way. After being let through after the guards had a glance of who it was and knew why he was here, he was let in without many questions, and finally entered into town, knowing to keep on the outer parts of the town square so he could keep his cart close by as well as his horse.

After about a half hour, he finally had his shop set up and his usual sign set out with a few barrels of live fish swimming behind him, as well as fresh dead fish laying out for display. The sign was in big, bold letters on the wooden sign and said 'The freshes fish in all of Hyrule' Along with that sign, a few other much smaller ones sat along side the display fish with prices for each, the highest price being about twenty rupees for the bigger Hylian Loaches. He had all fishes commonly found in the lake at this time of year, all except the Catfish, but that was a given, as they could only be caught during the colder seasons.

The fisherman stood at the side of his booth, calling out to get attention of the commoners, "Fresh Greengill, Bass, Pike aaand Loach! Make me an offer I can't refuse! for only a few rupees more I'll gut and clean your fish for you!"

Edited by Pumpkin (see edit history)

Posted

OOC: Hi guys, sorry about the lack of posting, I was on vacation.

BIC:

Alneia had traversed the desert as far as she thought she could go. Stark barked at her and she whispered. "Yeah, I know it was stupid but, I need to find out who else is here in the desert." Stark stared at her from a moment and continued to walk ahead. Alneia finally was able to see something in the distance. A colossal structure that was the same colour of the sand itself. "Arbiter's Grounds." she said. The moment she said it the sand whipped around it and seemed to block it. She sighed. "Looks like that's the only place to go." She turned to see Stark already running towards it.

It was then that she heard a faint rumble under the earth. It moved closer and closer to where the were. Stark was barking again and the two of them started to run full plet towards the structure in the heart of the desert.

Eventually the rumbling ceased but, Alneia knew that it was still there, waiting.

Posted

What of Danielle, the one person she had ever gotten closed enough to call a friend?

"Spread the word around the town that we are looking for a group of warriors strong and brave enough to search for a group of knights that went missing in the desert,"

Ooc: Is this supposed to be telling me something? because it feels like it is.

Posted

(( I'm guessing it's supposed to help let you know that our characters will be confronted soon by guards, asking if we will come to the aid of the soldiers. That's all it really means. ))

Posted (edited)

Ooc: I was just checking because when I mess up someway it can really make Stormsworder mad. I don't want it to happen again.

(This post has been taken off by order of the story and Stormsworder)

Edited by LegoBonez (see edit history)

Posted

King Bulbin yawnd, streching widely as he rose from his tent. Glanceing around the rest of the Bulbin campsite, he saw a few of his band had already woken, and were tending to restless Bulbos. He yawnd again, this time looking up at the morning sun, just peaking over Death Mountain far in the distance.

They had set up camp in Hyrule feild, and he hoped to make it Kakariko before sunset. They had been traveling across the kingdom, trying to make peace with the other races of Hyrule. So far it had been a fruitless endevor, and they continued to be driven out of what ever town they visited. In two years King Bulbin had only just managed to keep people from seeking them out and attacking them. However, other Bulbins that no longer fallowed him still killed and robbed as they fancied, so it seemed relations would not improve soon.

'If only there was some way we could earn their trust...', He thought glumly.

Getting dressed and rouseing the rest of the camp, he began taking down his tent and packing up to continue the jornney. The other Bulbins fallowed example and began to prepare to leave. It was near noon when one of the higher ranking warriors came up to the King.

"What is it, Ish-gug?" he asked impaisently.

"Sir, four of our number left camp an hour ago to check on somthing they saw running through the feild. They have yet to return. They should be back by now." Ish-gug informed, sounding a little peeved.

"Argh....... We're going after them. If they have deserted, I'll kill them myself." King Bulbin yissed. He could aford to loose no more of his own troop. If they weren't dieing, they were going to be.

Not long after setting out, they saw the four run-aways near the road often traveled by merchents going towards Castle Town. They seemd to be jumping around some poor soul they had knocked down.

"What are you idiots doing!?!" King Bulbin bellowed.

The prancing monster quickly stopped, then turned to face their doom sheepishly.

"Dur-ahhhhh, we wuz jus' havin some fun sir!" One of them responded.

"Uh, yeah, we cought this red guy here....." Another directed to the person they had been tormenting. He was a mail carrier, dressed in red uniform and tightly cluching a bag of letters and posters he was ment to deliver.

"I got em' by throwen' my club at em'!" the first said proudly.

This got King Bulbin very angery.

"YOU WHAT!??!!!??"

"I...... uh....-gulp!"

The large Bulbins fingers were clasped tightly around his throat.

"YOU STUPID FOOL! YOU BROKE THE MOST HIGHLY REGARDED OF RULES FOR SPORT!" He screamed in the wimpering Bulbins face.

"YOU THREW YOUR CLUB!?!??!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD FROM BIRTH TO NEVER THROW YOUR WEAPON!!!!!!!".

"I'm sorry!*hack* It will never happen again!" the law breaker pleaded for mercy.

"You think I'll let you get away with this? The punishment you will recieve will be harsher then-" It was now that King Bulbin noticed a peice of paper on the ground.

Dropping the frieghted Bulbin to the ground, he reached down to pick the object that had cought his attension. Relieved, the club thrower quickly scrurried away.

"What is this...." He mumbled examining the paper as if it was the only thing in the world. He saw that it bore the Crest of the Royal Family. He reconised the Crest. It would only be on somthing important. However, dispite his mastery of languages, he could not read. Grabbing the terrified Postman by the callor, he shoved the paper into his face.

"You. Read this. Tell me what it says."he ordered.

"I-i-i-i-it's it's it's a flyer. I have plenty more. You can keep it!"the Postman said, scared out of his mind.

"Tell me what it says! Now!"

"Ok, ok!" he relented. "I says that the Her Majesty Zelda is requesting brave warriors to come to Castle Town to resolve a crises in the Arbiter's Grounds. S-see, it's even signed by her! .......P-please let me go! I have more of these to deliver, and I'm running late!"

King Bulbin smiled, an idea forming in his small head.

'This could be exactly what I've been waiting for! A chance to prove ourselves and earn the respect of Hyrule!'

He laughed, letting the Postman go, who speedly took off. More determined to deliver his letters then so much as to escape the Bulbins. They had new plans in mind now....

Posted

Ooc: How should Eskill tell Zelda about going to arbiter's grounds? I don't want to end up in a dungeon too. like swordplaymaster12's character was.

Posted

You've pretty much been summoned, seeing as she's looking for people to fight. I don't think she'll be all evil about it.

Posted

Ooc: just wondering because I was thinking letter but then had different thoughts. Stormsworder I would think that Zelda or a Royal Guard should announce at the town square for the volunteers. So if it's Zelda you would need to do it since you also control Zelda.

Posted

Announcing that they need volunteers would cause a commotion among the already uptight townsfolk, which is something Zelda wanted to avoid.

Posted

Hehe oops. I don't know how it would work then. I don't have anything.

Posted

(( I'm just going to wait for a while until she comes on so she can clarify for me. I don't wan to post without knowing which method she is going with, be it letter, poster or what have you. My little fisherman would probably come about something like that by poster or word of mouth from a customer who was also planning on going to the gathering theirselves. ))