The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

((AHHHHHH!!! I don't know what to post!!! AHHHHH!!! It''s Zelda!!!ohmy.gif ))

((EDIT: Ok. *Calms down*))

Liz looked up at the princess of Hyrule, dumbfounded. "What... how..." Was all she managed to stutter as the pieceing blue eyes held her in place.

((Ok. That's all I can muster for the moment))

Posted

Blaine sighed in frustration, rubbing the back of his head. "Well, actually, yeah, you did... It would have been nice had you shown yourself before Rurik and Cale actually went into the town, but..." He frowned, lowering his hand and looking up at her. "At least you're safe, milady."

Danielle blinked rapidly, wondering if maybe she still wasn't a little delirious from all that she had endured earlier. The princess had been safe all this time, in the guise of a Sheikah with the mysterious Juna? Danielle just shook her head, everything happening so quickly yet again. "Today... has just been too strange..." she muttered.

Posted

Liz opened her mouth to speak again, but the only sound that came out was rushing air as she sighed. She wanted to hug her cousin, Zelda, yet she wanted to curl into a ball and cry in happiness, but seeing as she couldn't do either of those, especially in front of Danielle, she continued to stand there, gazing mindlessly up at the Princess of Hyrule.

Posted

"I am sorry to all of you that I did not reveal myself sooner. It was the only way to guarantee what safety we had left after leaving the castle grounds. I will understand if you find my reasoning senseless, at best." The princess frowned and lowered her head humbly to her subjects, "As of late my judgement has been rash and irresponsible. My foolish orders lead Danielle into the desert, and yet look at the state of her now. I should have known better, should have foreseen these consequences, and yet I did not."

Posted

Danielle lifted her head slightly as the princess mentioned her name, feeling a bit guilty. If she had only been more careful, then maybe Azathoth would have never been able to find her within the Arbiter's Grounds. "Mm..." She held a hand over her bandaged temple, feeling it throb painfully once more, a slight wave of dizziness overcoming her as she glanced away.

Cale hesitated, seeing the princess bow her heads to them. "No one could have predicted what would come, milady... so do not blame yourself for what happened. The important thing is that we are all safe now."

Posted

"Princess... there is no need... " Yet again the words were cut short in her mouth. "You do not need to..."

((Grrrrr!! Don't know what else to add to my post!))

Posted

((I'm back! Man this post was full of errors!X_x Oh well, looks like I didn't miss much. I hope I can be more active in the RP from now on. Not sure what I can do at the moment...))

Posted

((Come on people! Post!))

Posted

Zelda smiled faintly at all of her subjects and sighed gently, "You all are very kind."

Juna gathered the princess' attention for a moment and pointed to the house that sat the furthest back. "I hate to interrupt you, but we should lodge in there as soon as we can. There is no telling who knows about this area, and I wouldn't want them to see us walking in the street before we have time to defend ourselves."

The princess nodded quickly, then as she looked back at the girls, Juna spoke again, "We should move all of the wounded into that building, then the able should come with me and help find food where we can. Once that task is finished, I think it would be a good idea to take up posts around the town to try and scout the entrance from the cave and soften the blows of any malicious groups that will try and attack."

Posted

"Yes I know of the village. It was heaven to my people well before you took up residence. It should be a safe place to go." There was a hint of emotion in Mera's usually monotonous voice but before anyone could place it, or even really think about it she rode off.

Posted

To Cale, it felt a bit awkward to be once more in a subordinate position, but he didn't protest as he nodded to Rurik, the two older brothers heading over to Danielle and Elizabeth to help them towards the house. Cale gently checked the injury to her shoulder while Rurik helped Danielle along to the building, the youth exhausted once more and stumbling a bit as she walked.

Blaine frowned a bit, glancing now towards Juna. He had several questions, but he knew now was not the best time to ask them. "So the way we entered is the only path into the village, correct?"

Posted

"Yes. It is the only way to get into the village, unless you sprout wings and fly over the walls." the woman glanced toward the sky, the sun already moving along and indicating the waning hours of the sun.

Posted

King Bulbin urged The Lord of Boars forward again, trying to keep up with the Sheikah. Finding this impossible due to the horse's superior speed, he slackened back to the other Bulbins. He still found it ever irritating that Mera would rush off ahead of the rest of the party.

'Why am I even helping these people? For all we know their leader is dead. What should I care for suffering of Humans?'

At that thought he relised leaveing the Hyrulians to die would be contray to what the Hero had wanted of them. The will of the strongest was always right. If he ever hopped for his kind to be free, to be accepted, he would have to help these people. There was no alternative.

'Guess we're doomed then.'

He tried to shake these thoughts from his head. Looking for something to occupy his mind, he yeld over to the other members of the party.

"Humans, what are your reasons for comeing on this Hastur-forsaken quest? Enlighten me."

Posted

Once Cale and Rurik had gotten the injured young women settled in the house, they both headed outside and over to Blaine, Zelda, and Juna. "Well, Elizabeth's shoulder should be okay once it's treated, and Danielle is just completely exhausted... although the wound to her temple is still rather deep. That will be difficult to treat..."

"All in all, we came out of that whole mess better than I expected though..."

--------------

Inside the house, Danielle sat with her back against the wall, head leaned back to rest on it, her clear blue eyes closed right now as she exhaled softly. To finally get to just sit down and rest for some time, maybe even the chance to get some sleep that isn't the result of unconsciousness... But how long would they get to even rest? Flinching at the pain in her temple, she gently pressed a palm against the bandages on her forehead, feeling dizzy and a bit sick. "Mm..."

Posted

Name: Sir Renard/Taras

Race: Human/Hyrulean (not Hylian) from the tribe of Neushtan

Age: 42 (ancient by his peoples’ standards, considering they war so much)

Appearance: Renard stands at five feet six inches. He wears a yeti hide, fashioned into a cowl, when in the mountains (like this). When at war, he wears a simple, plate pouldron which covers the chest and stops above the elbow. It’s similar to Ashei’s only, like I said, simple in design. His family’s name is in visible, Hylian regalia, on the chest layer of plate. (He looks something like this and this)

He has a pale, yellow skin tone and stark, black hair, which he’s shaved to leave a knotted ponytail. On his face, is a short, braided and forked beard; Mongolian style. His eyes are thin, which comes from living with the glaring sunlight off mountain snows. They’re a light brown, in color. He is tattooed from neck to foot with the tribal marks, including a wily fox, his namesake, across his back. His typical garb consists of: a loose, red tunic, a fleece vest, tan leather boots, several, valuable rings on each hand, an ‘ourobouros’ motif necklace of gold scales with details in ruby, and loose, grey trousers. The swag is a hodgepodge of tokens from his dead foes and gifts, including his knight captain seal.

Weapons: He carries a wooden spear, with the barb of a yeti tooth, on his back. The spear is a mahogany red, and, crafted by a dead son, it serves as his weapon of choice. He totes a bandolier of seven, primitive hand grenades, across his chest. His sword is a ‘dao’ saber, which the Hylian Royal Family gave him as a gift when he became a Hyrulean, after years of distinguished service with the Hylian Knights’ human division. Also, on his sword’s belt is tucked a steel push dagger. He’s trained in the use of the jian, bow and arquebus, but he’s rusty with all his weapons for his retirement.

Personality/Bio: Disciplined and quiet off the battlefield; mad with bloodlust on it. Renard had been known to butcher opponents in a, seemingly spirit possessed, rage. It was not supernatural, but the fear these rumors created was a boon in his campaigns for the crown. Even his men had to avoid him the night before or certainly be killed.

All that is past now, he is still quiet and disciplined but more interested in academic pursuits and music, though he pursues these interests half-heartedly. Renard still feels like a killer, but, out of a sense of duty to his dead wife and children, he refuses to fight for the crown or anyone else. He speaks of his family as if they are still alive, which his tribesmen perceive as insanity, so he’s never fully accommodated as a tribesman after his return home to Snowpeak. Sir Renard now only answers to his ‘heathen’ name of Taras; forsaking that dignified title for the cost in blood. Despite this, Ashei, his only surviving squire, recruits him for a secret task to ...

I need to know what’s good and what’s got to go, so I’ll stop there. I’m thinking, since he doesn’t talk much, descriptions of the places around him will be more prominent.