The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

((Something I must bring up is that Ashei was raised by her father and taught the ways of battle, if I recall correctly... Although as I've said, I need Pumpkin to also check over it. Whenever she gets on again that is))

Posted

((Something I must bring up is that Ashei was raised by her father and taught the ways of battle, if I recall correctly... Although as I've said, I need Pumpkin to also check over it. Whenever she gets on again that is))

ooc: sure thing

Ashei could have been trained by her father, but served as squire to someone else. I would have chosen to rp a female knight, to cut down on the awkwardness, but I didn't think I could do a female character justice. I'm also thinking Ashei would be temporarily with him, to recruit him for a final gig, and then quickly leave him to work alone. That's if it checks out with both of you.

Posted

((Double parenthesis for out of character posts. Cool character. He actually has depth. I think you'll fit in great here in the RP.:))

Posted

(( I actually think this is a great character. Very well written, and his age plays into why he would know what he does, instead of him being some little teenager and somehow knowing everything there is to know about fighting. It's very refreshing. You may want to pull the hand grenades from the profile and just go with a small bag of bombs like Link might have. It makes it feel more like TP to stick with bombs. I'd also love to hear more about his tribe and what they were like. You can describe them over time during game play, I'm sure. Including Ashei in the beginning would give your character a little more depth into his past and is very smart. I'll love to see how they interact with one another, even if it will be for a short while.

I approve because this character makes sense. The person applying actually gives the character time to learn what he knows about the world and combat, and I like that. ))

Posted

((well, the other half of my brain [:P] has responded, so I think you're good to go for your character. *nods a bit* And Pumpkin, my posts not getting through on MSN?))

Posted

((Ok, ummm, sorry guys, but I won't have internet for 5 or six days coz' I'm moving houses (agian *Sighs*). I'm on a school computer right now, but I won't be able to go on every day. But my point is, don't expect to see me online for the next few days))

Posted

The journeyed council embarked from Zelda's Court, each with a decisive mission for the mother land. Ashei was to contact the remote Knights of Hyrule, and formulate a strike at the heart of Gerudo power. She didn’t look forward to the task before her. The Knights served the crown well, when a strong monarch sat on the throne. The royal armingers were especially romantic, and Link had recently sparked a passionate renaissance, in the service of their Lady the Princess. For a time. However, many once again resorted to the politics of a fractured realm. These estates had to be convinced, to unite under the Princess' banner, if there was any hope of defeating the Gerudo horde. Above all, she felt her mission would raise too many ghosts, and by the goddessess, there were enough of those in the realm. The one such battered soul in mind was that of Sir Renard, Captain of the Royal Hylian Knights, Human Regiment. Oh, couldn’t the shades just keep to their old haunts? What a grave robber's job! No, she needed him on their side, just as he needed her, and friends don’t abandon one another in need.

Ashei stopped before the portal of the alley arcade, bid her comrades good bye, and watched the busy people. Monsoon showers beat down on the stone and taught, hued drapes, in the oldest of celebrated rhythms. Hylian shoppers skirted Main Street’s bends, from stall to stall. They wore the silly, pointed hats some designer made a killing from, while their ponchos wisped in a style reminiscent of exotic, palace dancers. The Goron merchants showed some signs of fatigue, as typifies their race in the heartland rains, but not slow enough to miss a lucarative prospect. Patrols of city watch marched by, some chasing the usual suspects, while others collected giggles of the girls whose playful stares were all the soldiers could see for the ponchos’ veil and all their imaginations needed, to wander. Ashei mantled her fearsome cowl and merged with the bustle. It was summer in Snowpeak.

((This part of my prologue to build up to the present, where you guys are at. I thought I'd release some of it, to show where I'm coming from. The next scenes will involve my character, and explain how their paths diverge.))

((PS: Busy with midterms))

Posted

((Midterms... not fun. I just scraped through them, but barely. Although your posts would have to take place a CONSIDERABLE amount of time before the RP itself, as Castle Town has just been destroyed... with how slow it's been, you have time to read through the RP pretty much. [Pumpkin is seriously sick, so she's resting]. I assume you'll also take control of Ashei? Also... I think I stated somewhere that one of my OCs, Greil, was Commander of the Royal Knights, so yeah... Did I state Cale took his place? I should have... Hm... I'm not sure now.

Also, a tip... check my fanfic. This is kinda sequelish to that, so it might be good to look into and such... Just a suggestion. This may be on pause until Zelda Drottingnu gets moved and Pumpkin gets over her sickness))

Posted

((I'm still here to try and be a productive RPer. I'll be busy with Midterms as well.... don't think it'll be too much of a problem though. Should be able to log on frequently. You've got some serious talent there Bard. Looking foreward to RPing with you.^_^ I wonder what swordplaymaster12 and Umbreion are upto...))

Posted

((Thank you Goji, and oodles of fortune with your testing. Stormsworder: I'll be sure to do that, I've got some reading to do, before I get too ahead of myself. The Captain can be a subordinate to the Commander, and this guy was the captain of the purely human regiment. Guys and gals of snowpeak's tribes, who came to Hyrule for education and citizenship, in exchange for service in the military, are that particular regiment. I don't know if that's what you wanted, but I can change it if you would like.))

Posted

((Hm... I thought Snowpeak was mostly just snow-covered mountains with not a lot of settlement at all? But I suppose it might make sense, considering the Snowpeak ruins. Although most of the humans would probably be from around Kakariko and Ordona, I think... since people would settle where it's easier to make a living and such. Not that I'm upset with it or anything, just trying to work out the situation in my head. I deal a like with small details and such... XD))

Posted

((Let's discuss it. I'm taking the totally baseless assumption that humans, besides the Ordonians, came from a totally different place than Hyrule. That long ago they conquered and nearly eradicated the Hylians, but their empire fell appart, when their shaman-mother died. The Hylians have resented the humans ever since. The human tribes formed after the fall of their empire, each belonged to a husband-general of the deceased empress. They inherited the wastes of Snowpeak, beyond the peaks is their origional home, yet none have seen it, or know that is even true. War has been a part of the human experience so long, that no body believes in a united humanity, and the empress is a phony ledgend.

After some years, the humans began coming back to Hyrule, the celestial center of the world. They saught peace, and they earned a respected place, in the eyes of the Hylian monarchs, as Knights of Hyrule [not all knights are humans, mind you]. Becoming knights gave them an education and citizenship, while they could keep whatever spoil the Crown did not have rights to. It seemed like the only choice for the idealists in humankind; to gradually bring respect to their peoples. To one day unite the tribes again, and become a member of the Hylia Plenum, which is the organisation of all races, under the rule of the Hylian Royal Family. That is what my character, his wife, Ashei and her father wanted. There are malicious, greedy men and women out there who want to oust the royal family, and they aren't just humans, but the official word on the streets is that humans want to once again conquer Hyrule.))

((Ordonian humans have always been in Ordonia. They were not part of the wave of humanity which conquered Hyrule, and now reside in Snowpeak. They were found by explorers who discovered a way through the forest, after centuries of failed expeditions. Since contact, they have adopted Hylian ways, while carefully maintaining their simple way of life. They have the right to govern themselves, as any of the other races have, but they have historically been unrepresented in the Hylian Plenum. I'll assume Mayor Bo's gift of a sword was to be the begining of a relationship with the Hylian Royal Family. A deepening of their bonds, much like the Snowpeak tribes of humans want. The Ordonians are not believed to be 'human' by the Snowpeak tribes, in the sense Native Americans did not percieve European settlers as 'human'.

Human is a term to describe the collective of the Snowpeak tribes, for the sake of time, conversation and custom. The other races still call Ordonians human, but most of Snowpeak would never call an Ordonian a human. Although, some Snowpeak eugenicists have made the case for a human empire, by saying the Ordonians belong to the human race, and should be forcefully accomodated back into the father land tribes of Snowpeak. These people are quoted by Hylians, who make the case against involving humans in the Plenum at all, saying: they're just after the throne.))

((Now, what of Kakariko? They were settlers. The village was once a boom town, but for some reason, the place dried up. Perhaps extra activity from Death Mt.? I don't know, but it was settled by many different people, and built by the Sheikah, correct? Humans simply happen to be the last residents of the place. There may have been enough water there at one time, to support the Zora, too. What of the Snowpeak ruins? A fortress built to keep invaders out. It was sacked ages ago, rebuilt after the collapse of the human empire, and abandoned when the cost of maintaining such defences broke the coffers. There are many more like it, that one happened to be inhabited by yeti. Many are the halls of human nomads, who wanted to stop meandering. They needed a place to organise against each other and keep their clan safe from attack, so Hyrule, who still owns the property, give the castles to their human knights. One such knight is my character. Many of these forts are built into the precipices' of Snowpeak, making them difficult to attack and hiding the forgotten ones.

I assume, for the sake of the rp, that Hyrule is a humongous world. The city is huge. The people are cosmopolitan and 'advanced' [not 'steampunk', but more magical]. I also assume the gerudo desert stretches north, around Snowpeak, but not all the way north [or does itwink.gif].))

((Those are just afew thoughts I've had on the Twilight Princess world. Not any of it is canon, but it fits. If you don't like parts of it, it doesn't fit with your fan fic, or you want me to explain something, go a head and tell me. Oh, and the Knights, I'm thinking, lean to the samurai/warrior-poets and that feudalism is the system of government, right now. Am I correct in assuming this?))

((Forgot, Snowpeak's climate ... The peaks are snowy, like the himalayas, but the lands below the peaks are similar to the eurasian steppes. The peaks are extremely high, and always wintery. Naturally, you aren't going to walk right into the highest mountains just by stepping out of Zora's domain. For the sake of time, and our thumbs, Link was transported there quickly. That's not to say there isn't a path from Zora's domain, the game made that clear, and the idea is to work with the game's world, not against it, but the road is long. It takes you across a large expanse of land, those are craggy steppes and the foot hills.

I don't know about you guys, and you two are da boss, but I'm wondering if Hyrule itself could be jungly, like Vietnam, or something, instead of perfectly temperate. If you don't want to, that's cool, its your game, you've got the ball, but having only two seasons is kinda cool and fits the asian influence on a european setting. Just a thought. Ashei is a knight-errant; instead of choosing an estate to rule over, she gave her wealth to others, as her father had.))

Posted (edited)

No clue how this happened.

Edited by The Beguiling Bard (see edit history)

Posted

still nothing