The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

do you see anything here?

Posted

nothing

Posted (edited)

i told you nothing was here

Edited by The Beguiling Bard (see edit history)

Posted

((More prologue. An episode of Renard's final campaign, which achieved a treaty between the Queen and Gerudo, pushing the dune warriors out of the eastern most mesa of the desert. This was to be his last war.))

A wash of red across the virgin sky fortold his victory. The sands tossed and waved, as if to warn the camp of thieves to his coming, but all were too groggy from a long night of celebration; their lots for the night watch un cast. Who would follow this deep into the desert?

The canons already sizzled in waiting for Renard's signal, perched on a distant bluff behind the Knights. As they strode closer, their Captain loosened his cape for the host behind to follow suit. Gold scaled Ouroboros thumped his chest in the gallop. The percussion of canon fire kicked their gallop to a charge. His heart beat in familiar, rancorous steps, as the amulet bore through his soul. An eastern wind surmounted and whipped the froth of his mouth; the bombing ceased. The stampede of steel crashed upon the reeling outpost. Renard lowered his spear for a malefic crescendo to his newest score.

The camp lay waste and her maidens in chains; a disgrace upon her. Hostile banners to the crown would never suffer to serve this witch of the dunes again. The chieftain rose from the opulent, rose pillow she sat, lotus style upon. Isai walked out from the door, with the tactful finesse of a cornered Gerudo. A charming fragrance caressed the faces of the dusty soldiers. They parted for their Captain, Sir Renardand, to see his catch. Isai stopped before one cavalier she deemed particularly prideful, to look him up and down. Humph. The knights wrestled their humiliated companion back to attention. Isai loomed stoically, as if the glimmering ensemble of her headress would intimidate the war ravaged souls.

Renard did not wait for the woman to walk to him, for he knew she would step no further. I know your sobriquet. She said. The Fox, is it? The best way, that is, my peoples' way, is to catch the fox in his den. Renard paid her no answer. As he plodded upon the wasted viscera from his song, a stray servant slipped free from her chains to sink a hair pin through her jailor’s arm pit. Once the flock had regained its composure, and the captive repaid, they turned to find Captain Renard and Isai with drawn weapons.

This is what he craved. He was to be virtuoso and she; his coda. Renard would make this concerto the hallmark of life service. His knights clashed their shields together and beat their breasts, chanting for their glorious Captain. Isai dug into the sand as if to absorb his assault, but flipped over the knight’s head. As she took ground behind his back, she sliced, but had not taken into account his short stature. He bent in anticipation, and stuck her to the ground with a rude swing of his spear across her abdomen. The woman bellowed, as the spear broke across her. Carried by momentum, he plunged a crude dagger into her heart and tore it away. His masterpiece lay silent, and the audience roared.

Posted

((What's with the random empty posts? Something go wrong?))

((Wow, that was cool. Considered writing fanfics? Not to steal Stormsworder's thunder, of corse. Anyway, the last line gives an interesting look into Renard's character; he is very skilled at killing, and for so long has been rejoiced for it. All rather poetic.))

((It's now that I remember that this is an RP, and I don't really know what to do. At the moment, my character requires the response of the other RPers to do anything, and progressing ahead without them would be rude. I could introduce another character to play as until the others are back in action, but I already have a small army of Bulbins under my control, and can't think of any fancharacters that are appropriate for the RP's situation. Raving lunatics that want to take over the land, sure, but heroic fighters? It's outside of my criteria<_>. I guess I take up controling a another offical character with Stormsworder...))

Posted

((Yeah, I don't know what happened. They all posted at once.))

((Your compliments are well recieved. Insane war heroes aren't all that difficult, after listening to gortoz a ran and the gael a dozen times in a day. It was a total mess before the slash of 'the editor's pen', though. About a fan-fic, I have some ideas, but I'd like to finish this first.))

((Yeah, it's an rpwink.gif My next entry is the last of the prologue. It'll feature the tribal customs of a bold new humanity. I may jump into the rp before posting it, because I'm getting tired of the lack of dialogue in these prologues.))

Posted

((So, are you going to go ahead and take the character of Ashei, Bard? Since she's integral to your character's backstory, it seems...))

Posted

((Just for the next prologue, to explain how Renard, an old man, quite content with retirement, came into the story. Then, I'll wash my hands of her, and someone else can take on that persona. I have yet to conjur of a fitting mission for Renard, so if you have any ideas, let's all discuss via PMs. I know he might have his own agenda, though ...))

Posted

((i was actually hoping you might keep her, as your writing style shows me that you're a person I could trust with a canon character. :P And most of the knights of Hyrule will have been killed in the invasion of the town, I think I'll have it be...))

Posted

((Bard's certainly qualified to play as a major canon character, though I think we should keep some freed up for other people to use. Then again, until the other RPers come back, or more people start joining, we may have to take up more characters to keep the RP going.))

((...Where's Teto been lately? Usually he's around to moderate and merge posts together when OC discussion starts to clutter up the thread...))

Posted

((I'd only allow skilled Rpers to take canon chars anyway, and I at least know you guys are good. I think Pumpkin is already loaded down with characters, so yeah XD We can continue with this how it is... should I go ahead and post for Telma, or do you guys want to for your chars first?))

Posted

((I guess you could start us off with Telma... I'll try to get Shad's profile posted as soon as possible.))

Posted

The entire world as she knew it had been turned upside down, and in less than a day.

Telma wasn't sure why this all happened, only that it did... a dark army of death and decay swept into the town, overwhelming the already weakened Hyrulean Guard. She had been lucky enough to escape from her bar with her comrades before that part of the town fell, and the goddesses had shown her favor by allowing her wagon to be untouched and the group to slip through safely without any trouble.

But their fortune had ended there.

Smoke billowed from Kakariko Village, signifying that it was no longer a safe haven. had anyone survived there? She didn't know. Instead of the wagon heading towards the village to the east, she had instead headed across the Bridge of Eldin, although there was no doubt in her mind that eventually, the beasts would find her... There was probably no safe place left in Hyrule.

Turning her head to look back over her shoulder at her three friends, the worry was clear on her face. "How are ya holding up back there?"